Home
And what will it take to get you guys to start posting threads, again?

I was lucky to briefly catch threads started by some members when I first joined. Many of those members don’t post much. Occasionally, they will post a congratulatory post, but aside from that, they are pretty quiet.

I guess this post is directed at the guys who have been helpful to others in the past and for reasons we can assume are due to the tone of the Fire decided to remain quiet.

You guys are missed by many who enjoyed hearing about your hunts. Learning from your experiences both good and bad, and what you found helpful and worthless in your endeavors in selecting gear, rigs, and loads to slay animals.

Here’s your invitation to come back and post from a guy who hunts and enjoyed reading and learning something new from all of you.

😎
Strangely quiet thread - but I do agree with you Beav. I surely miss some of the posts/pictures we used to see every hunting season, especially from our Montana/Wyoming/Colorado members. I've been on this forum a few years now, and do miss some of the guys I first remember seeing on here and their adventures.
Well, you're not talking about me, so I'll STFU !
99s, you have made some awesome posts about NW Ontario hunting and fishing I'd say you fit in the "stud" category, and I for one hope you keep posting.

I'd like to post more but the whole photo thing is a PITA. I need to get that sorted.

Beaver; I agree the tone has likely made a few folks post less, one can disagree with someone or do something differently without some angry individual throwing out insults and invective. We have seen clear and polite questions from folks honestly seeking input turn into juvenile ranting.

Hopefully the "big guns" will return to posting and those of us (like me) who read and respond far more than we post original or important material can pick up our game. Perhaps more reasoned responses and ignoring the idiots might help too.

Just my humble thoughts.

Hope y'all are doing well this Monday.

GRF
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Paul,
Well, your wife is pretty amazing....Grins. 😬😎

I didn’t say all the studs are gone...Just some notables. You and your family definitely contribute to the stud factor. 😎

PS

I probably missed your buck picture this season....Did see the wife’s though. You slacking this year? 😂😎
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Strangely quite thread - but I do agree with you Beav. I surely miss some of the posts/pictures we used to see every hunting season, especially from our Montana/Wyoming/Colorado members. I've been on this forum a few years now, and do miss some of the guys I first remember seeing on here and their adventures.

I’m trying to get a Wyo killer to post more...Well see if things change for the better soon. 😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Paul,
Well, your wife is pretty amazing....Grins. 😬😎

shocked

Yes, she sure is !

I didn’t say all the studs are gone...Just some notables. You and your family definitely contribute to the stud factor. 😎

PS

I probably missed your buck picture this season....Did see the wife’s though. You slacking this year? 😂😎

Still at it Mark, things have shut down somewhat !

Saw 2 spikes n 2 does all weekend.

Cut this track on "Deb's" trail on Sunday, but never did catch up !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not sure if small moose, or very big deer ??
Stay after em Paul...You’ll connect 👍🏻😎
Quite or Quiet?????? Any idea what you said? Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Sorry - spellcheck really gets you sometimes:) I wanted to say "quiet" which I corrected.
"stud members"......I'm right here, lol.
SD,
You’re “sig line” is scary accurate....😁😎
Sorry Beav. I'll try to post more.
Copy that...Let’s get more action going outta AK than pics of animals ball sacks and dicks...But, WDH thread was funny!

😎
I can't see the pics, but I think I got the gist, and I found it pretty funny myself...

PS

Still at it Mark, things have shut down somewhat !

Saw 2 spikes n 2 does all weekend.

Cut this track on "Deb's" trail on Sunday, but never did catch up !

Not sure if small moose, or very big deer ??

Based on how the toes splay out and those dew claws, I'm pretty confident that's a deer track, assuming eastern Canada moose and deer are like the ones we have in the intermountain west. Hope you catch up to him...
Be nice to look at what made that.
I'll second Beav's request. Some awesome hunters out there.

Ralphie's stuff is pretty danged good... enjoy reading his stuff lately. Cool to see hunters taking all manner of BG and not doting on minuscule details that don't matter too much in the woods.
Well hell you are the reason Deflave stopped posting.. between your love fest threads and valsdad 2 page replies he couldn't take it anymore.. oh he did say birdwatcher bicycle trip is what finally pushed him over the edge..
Originally Posted by beretzs

Ralphie's stuff is pretty danged good... enjoy reading his stuff lately. Cool to see hunters taking all manner of BG and not doting on minuscule details that don't matter too much in the woods.

Deflave is not coming back..
Paul,

I'd say a young bull moose. From our neck of the woods anyway.
SD,
You’re “sig line” is scary accurate....😁😎

I am speaking from experience, lol.
I've never left
I miss savage 99
Im not calling myself a stud member by any means, but I had took a about a month away from here....We had good year ... (still helping a buddy with a late Trophy Bull tag here in the southern Idaho Desert) ...139 scenars continued to do what they do - kill.

79.5' Idaho Super Tag Goat

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

My 11 year old sons second Buck

My Best Friends Wolf

13 year old First Ever deer - That I somehow passed the first shot to him - which he took advantage of..lol

My concelation prize on the last day after playing guide for all the youngsters

Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Im not calling myself a stud member by any means, but I had took a about a month away from here....We had good year ... (still helping a buddy with a late Trophy Bull tag here in the southern Idaho Desert) ...139 scenars continued to do what they do - kill.

My Best Friends Wolf

13 year old First Ever deer - That I somehow passed the first shot to him - which he took advantage of..lol

Great season!
Sweet year dude! .Congratulations on doing Idaho proud.

😎

My Best Friends Wolf

Very cool.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs

Deflave is not coming back..

Really who’s GIRLHUNTER
Someone's upset about Deflave? Some of the real studs have left this world for the happy hunting grounds. R I P guys. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been studying up on the Creedmore.
One guy that very likely has the greatest collection of giant mule deer pics doesn't post much anymore and I don't blame him. He sent me a couple of pics of dead mule deer that would absolutely blow your ever-lovin' mind. He has so many scum "hunters" following him around he has to stay under the radar.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
One guy that very likely has the greatest collection of giant mule deer pics doesn't post much anymore and I don't blame him. He sent me a couple of pics of dead mule deer that would absolutely blow your ever-lovin' mind. He has so many scum "hunters" following him around he has to stay under the radar.

J, I’ve noticed his absence for a while. Really miss his posts & pix of
Great Bucks.

Scum is.....well SCUM.

Jerry

That boy done been ruint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink

Great job!
Dang man what a season that’s fantastic congratulations to you all!
It’s amazing how much that happens. I have a buddy in Wyoming that gets that same crap. He doesn’t post pics anywhere, enter contests or show off his game but they find a way. I lived in a part of the world where we didn’t measure antlers and only weighed our deer as that is what filled the freezer . We still don’t and I doubt I ever will. I put on 14.8 miles on my feet in 8”-10” of snow on opening day. The average won’t keep up as they don t break a 1/4 mile off the road all year. I’m also in the camp of not posting pics. Not that I have a ton of trophy animals to show off but I don’t really care to figure out how to post them and I find it to be a PITA. To the OP I agree. It would be nice to see the old dawgs come back. But I think they’ve found other forums that are less hostile.
© 24hourcampfire