Home
Posted By: 1bigdude what's your camp name - 11/27/19
Bought a new place need camp name suggestions. What is yours?
Posted By: shaman Re: what's your camp name - 11/27/19

Der Bauernhof am Loch im Ende des Stumpfes

trans: The farm in the hole in the end of the stump.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: what's your camp name - 11/27/19
My buddy has a camp in NY. Camp phu kow ee

As in where the f#*k are we
Posted By: Hectortwsp Re: what's your camp name - 11/27/19
couple of good ones
I'm leaning towards "2 Fingers" cause we always pour 2 fingers of bourbon.
Others in mind: Red Mud Runners, Making Memories, Dad's Memory, Done Waiting, Buck Off,The Tines,Wife Don't Need To Know
Posted By: hanco Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Old folks home!
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19

Hotel _______________ (use first name).
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Meat Hanging

P
Posted By: domit Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
saw one in New England that was ( pokeatwatalot ) took a wile to get that one.
Posted By: pal Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
...2 Fingers...Buck Off...Wife Don't Need To Know

The name you bestow on a child, or a possession worthy of having a name, reflects upon your own character, honor and sense of good taste.
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by pal

The name you bestow on a child, or a possession worthy of having a name, reflects upon your own character, honor and sense of good taste.

I

Yep it sure does! Is your camp called " Hidden Sniper"?
Posted By: memtb Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by 1bigdude

“ Laissez le bon temps rouler”. Cajun French for, “Let the Good Times Roll”! What we call our camper! memtb
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Home !
Posted By: pal Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by pal

I

Yep it sure does! Is your camp called " Hidden Sniper"?

You don't approve of my guideline?
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Let's just say you must have balls down to your knees to set guidelines for someone else's thread. Just how inflated is your ego?
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: what's your camp name - 11/28/19
Let's just say you must have balls down to your knees to set guidelines for someone else's thread. Just how inflated is your ego?

OK, beta!
Posted By: lastround Re: what's your camp name - 11/29/19
How about “Deer Camp”?
Posted By: Hectortwsp Re: what's your camp name - 11/29/19
" 10 Hanging "
" Hanging Meat "
Posted By: Sako76 Re: what's your camp name - 12/02/19
Camp Bumfuk!
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: what's your camp name - 12/02/19
The staggerinn. 🐾👣🇨🇦
Posted By: MGunns Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
The camp
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
Miene Kamp

With sauerkraut and bratwurst
Posted By: persiandog Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Miene Kamp

that's already taken by muslims.
Posted By: hanco Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
Beer palace!
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
Southview.
A tad less than 300 acres on a south facing hill in NYS, looking at Pennsylvania. Often referred to as the Hill as there is not a flat spot on it it.
It was, for many decades, a hardscrabble dairy farm. Been hunting that hill since the mid 60's, lots of friends, memories, stories and piles of beer cans.
I could not guess the number of whitetails that have come off the property, but it has been generous.
A favorite comment was made by my wife shortly after the cabin was completed..."This is a mans place, I'm never coming back." It might have been a little primitive back then.
It still is.
Posted By: Sherwood Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
The Roost.

Sherwood
Posted By: BKinSD Re: what's your camp name - 12/03/19
The Laughin' Place. It was where Brer Rabbit led Brer Bear and Brer Fox to escape from them. As we are South Dakota State Jackrabbits, it fits us well.
Eaglemountain Hunting Club, Delaware County, NY
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
Camped where we fell.
Posted By: noKnees Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
I would be a bad person to ask.
We have a lake house and we call it "camp" and we just bought 80 acres to hunt on and its apparently going to be called "the property"
Posted By: T_O_M Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19

Don't rush it, it'll tell you its name if you are patient.
Posted By: jwall Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
Two names I've heard of for Deer camps.

Limberdiche

Lost Dog

Jerry
Posted By: roundoak Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]
Double Oak
Posted By: cv540 Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Don't rush it, it'll tell you its name if you are patient.

This sounds like good advice.
Posted By: WAM Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
Camp BFE
Posted By: Hectortwsp Re: what's your camp name - 12/04/19
Was up state hunting a few days ago and saw this on the camp shingle " My gift to my children" thought that about sums it up pretty well.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Camp Sack-O-Lot
Serenity Lane
Dear Camp
Fly Paper Shack
Oily Tater Camp
Camo Cabin
Ol' Forty-Niner
Posted By: peeshooter Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Camp dick in the dirt
Posted By: hanco Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Camp of the damn near dead
Posted By: Bighorn Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
the Turkey Pen.
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Think I came up with it. "The Antler Club"
Posted By: Texczech Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
I was in "the 10 point club",, and " the 8 point club"' now it's just our family name club. Not much of a deer lease right now.They came in in may or June and clearcut the whole thing. They came back with a bulldozer a frontend loader and a giant chipper and cleaned.the whole place. A month later sprayed herbicides on the whole place then back first part of September and replanted pines.
Posted By: whitearrow Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
straight creek deer camp, due to thats the name of the creek that runs thru the middle of the land.
Big Ed
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Originally Posted by Texczech
I was in "the 10 point club",, and " the 8 point club"' now it's just our family name club. Not much of a deer lease right now.They came in in may or June and clearcut the whole thing. They came back with a bulldozer a frontend loader and a giant chipper and cleaned.the whole place. A month later sprayed herbicides on the whole place then back first part of September and replanted pines.
that

is it really about the hunting anyway? I know several places I could hunt with more deer than around my place but to us it is used 8 months a year for family get togethers, atv riding, fishing and just good times.
Posted By: Texczech Re: what's your camp name - 12/05/19
Originally Posted by Texczech
that

is it really about the hunting anyway? I know several places I could hunt with more deer than around my place but to us it is used 8 months a year for family get togethers, atv riding, fishing and just good times.

No it isn't just about the hunting at all for us. It is about the comradery more than anything. We have be on the same 80 acres for over 11 years. We was only there for the 2nd or 3rd time when an old man came walking up on us. He introduced himself as a retired game warden and let us know he was only about 200 yards from our lease if we ever needed help.The old man has become my best friend and a lot of times I have gone to see Mr Bill when I never stopped by the lease. We have taught our grandkids how to shoot and camp on that place.we figure in 2 or 3 years when some cover grows back up the deer will hold in there again. We have doves turkeys hogs and deer. A quarter mile down the road is an accessible creek full of fish. Mr Bill and his wife have started having some health problems. They have sold there house and are buying a place in town. His farm and neighbors property that he has cared for for 20 years have gotten to much for an 86 year old man to take care of. As long as Mr Bill is alive I'll keep on driving that 55 miles to go to the "lease".
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/06/19
55miles boy I wish! I lived 250 from mine and make the 500 mile round trip every other weekend. I have had my lease for 30+ years now tired of camping so I bought land on a paved road with electric service and a sewage system to build a camp on.
Maybe we should name our new camp " The 250 Mile Cub"
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: what's your camp name - 12/06/19
Triple Pines...from the three pines in front
Posted By: las Re: what's your camp name - 12/08/19
I think "Lackanooki" is overused. smile
Posted By: las Re: what's your camp name - 12/08/19
"Camp! Camp here!"

John Wayne- after falilng off his horse drunk in "True Grit".
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: what's your camp name - 12/11/19
Wasn't really official, but our family camp was at times called "Camp Go Get 'Em". Most of us did. I miss the old days and the family gone on....
Posted By: Utahunter Re: what's your camp name - 12/11/19
Deer Camp or Elk Camp or Bear Camp or whatever we're hunting at that time Camp.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: what's your camp name - 12/11/19
!!!!!!!!!!!! Wingusinn???? 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
Posted By: Morewood Re: what's your camp name - 12/11/19
Used to hunt at a place called Snow Tent. There's a gushing spring coming out of the side of a mountain that dumps into a small pond. There used to be a giant Indian grindstone next to the spring but somebody came in with heavy equipment and stole it. I quit going there several years ago. Too many people and a bunch of pot growers now.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: what's your camp name - 12/12/19
“Whynot-Bighorn”- two former clubs combined into one.

“Widow’s Branch”- named for a creek at the spot of a Union encampment west of here where it’s said Union soldiers were picked off by Confederate snipers.

“Wright’s Creek”- 3500 acres split by a creek named....guess what? 😊
Posted By: reivertom Re: what's your camp name - 12/12/19
Years back a fellow started calling ours "Wolf Creek Outfitters" because it was on a drain called Wolf Creek. The funny thing is , there's no Wolves or outfitters there. It looks a lot like the cabin on the Beverly Hillbillies. We named all the ridges and trails after things that have happened on them or after somebody that hunted them. One holler is called S.H. because the sh** house is at the mouth of it behind the cabin....you get the picture.
Posted By: northcountry Re: what's your camp name - 12/12/19
[quote=Hectortwsp]couple of good ones
I'm leaning towards "2 Fingers" cause we always pour 2 fingers of bourbon.
Others in mind: Red Mud Runners, Making Memories, Dad's Memory, Done Waiting, Buck Off,The Tines,Wife Don't Need To Know

Just call it ""The Escape"" Cheers NC
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/12/19
Lots of great ideas keep them coming
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
Original and seldom heard. The Cabin.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
Years ago, when I lived in NM, we elk hunted in the same area several years in a row. My neighbor found an old board that somebody had painted "Bend over" on. That became our camp sign every year that we were there. I think he still uses that sign, whenever he and his grand kids go over there.
Posted By: SKane Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
I sold my northern WI place a few years back but it was officially (LLC) called "Morningwood". smile
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
Heard a good one the other day, guy has an old camper on a lot in the woods, camp name "[bleep] Full"
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
^^
Shi tters Full
Posted By: Dre Re: what's your camp name - 12/14/19
Happy camp
Posted By: jwall Re: what's your camp name - 12/15/19
--------------------------P O S T E D---------------------

-----------------------K E E P / O U T-------------------
Posted By: bpas105 Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Our is Buck Fifty Seven - because that's what our taxes on it went up when we added a shed - $1.57.
Posted By: mudhen Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Ivikan, a Ute word for "home," so I'm told...
Posted By: ctsmith Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Waterford
Twin Gates Hunting Camp - there are a set of twin gates that point toward the North and South. Some of the best deer and elk hunting one could ever imagine lies beyond those gates.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Camp
We called ours “the Blackjack Hilton” before it was sold from under us after 40 years.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
The cabin.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Camp Serenity.
High Hill Hunt Club.
Posted By: old70 Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
I hunt at Papa’s Huntin’ Camp. My mom married into a family with three People named Tony, so we call the senior one Papa. He bought and built his dream property, and is kind enough to share with family.

Some good memories there.

Old70
Posted By: yobuck Re: what's your camp name - 12/25/19
Read my name.
And the story goes that for many years we stayed in a private home in Sinnemahoning PA which is very close to where our camp is located. The people with who we stayed became more like family to us. Each morning Sue would shout up the stairs to where we slept YOBUCK.
After she became too old to take in hunters we built our camp, and there was no doubt as to what name we would call it.
Posted By: ericn Re: what's your camp name - 12/26/19
Whackem n stackem
Posted By: DANNYL Re: what's your camp name - 12/26/19
Hang'em High
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: what's your camp name - 12/26/19
Never named one, but some years back there were two camps on the lease. Should'a named them Hell and Perdition. I usually hunted between them.
Posted By: 07blackwater Re: what's your camp name - 12/26/19
We call ours the 'Moose-stang Ranch'.
Posted By: ihookem Re: what's your camp name - 12/27/19
I call my cabin on 7 acres " Camp South Fork 89. " It is on the South Fork Flambeau River and bought the land in 1989. I built the cabin on it that year too.
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 12/27/19
Take2 They're Small
Take 2, That's All.
Posted By: Pugs Re: what's your camp name - 01/13/20
Ar'gcnoc. - Gaelic for "Our Hillside"
Posted By: gophergunner Re: what's your camp name - 01/19/20
Ours is Camp Opa. Which stand for the two states our original members, the Olde Guarde, were from-Ohio and Pennsylvania. Other notable names for camps in our area-Camp Bozo. These guys had the camp across from us. Good men. Sadly all are gone now. Camp Misery-a camp up on top of our mountain-if you were hunting up in that area, you could always go in there for a cup of coffee-just close the door when you leave. The Plastered Bastards-hard drinkers and even harder hunters. Bear's Den. A little shack up on top of the hill that figured out how to hunt 10 guys out of a shack the size of a glorified walk in closet. The Flying Dutchmen-seems like every mountain in Pennsylvania's got a Flying Dutchmen camp on it. There used to be one up on top of our mountain that always brought in a few "working ladies" for deer season. It was called Camp Crotch Rot,
Posted By: rost495 Re: what's your camp name - 01/19/20
We just call it going to the deer lease.

Naming must be a tradition thats not around here.

In Alaska we name the camps so we know what location we are going to. Boss says take your hunter to high lake or sheep camp etc....

Other than that no name works just fine.

Of course I'm not at all preaching. Just never seen the need to name boats, or vehicles or guns or camps etc..... had a few vehicle names and gun names and decided it was mostly silly. That was when we were young.
Posted By: pete53 Re: what's your camp name - 01/19/20
our deer camp up north was named by a good friend > honeymooner
Posted By: LouisB Re: what's your camp name - 01/20/20
Not mine, but one where I am invited to hunt some

Whipper will
Posted By: RicG Re: what's your camp name - 01/20/20
Mine is the Beartown Hill-ton.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: what's your camp name - 01/20/20
The Farm.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: what's your camp name - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by rost495
We just call it going to the deer lease.

Naming must be a tradition thats not around here.

In Alaska we name the camps so we know what location we are going to. Boss says take your hunter to high lake or sheep camp etc....

Though NJ is a freaking far cry from AK, we do the same.

The Farm

The Scout Camp

The Airport

SplitRock

... and so farth.
Posted By: hanco Re: what's your camp name - 01/20/20
The camp
Posted By: Desertrat Re: what's your camp name - 01/23/20

My favorite AZ deer camp is called "Death Valley"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkaddict Re: what's your camp name - 02/08/20
Our place is alternatively “upstate” or “bear haven.” Started as a deer camp and morphed into our retirement home in another 8 years or so. We use it nearly every weekend and for most of vacation. I’m feeding a wood stove and surfing the web at fiber optic speeds as I type...:). Far cry from a beat up 5th wheel that had no insulation....
Posted By: las Re: what's your camp name - 02/21/20
Depends on which camp. And what one means by "camp".

I may do my local moose hunting a little differently than you midget chasers. Different circumstances also. NWR, so camps can only be for the duration of the season, with no permanent structures or vehicular use except main road. We set up camps 1-5 miles "back in".

There is (- - - - ) Lake, Black Hole, Sniper's Point, Middle Lake, Third Lake, and some others. Nothing imaginative, just location, location, location.

Only one, on which we have two (North, South) is named on maps, the rest are our own creations for lakes or locations not named. These camps generally are just a poly tarp cover for our ground beds and gear, with another tarp for a ground sheet. In any particular season, we may have a half dozen up, so we can easily shift/access hunting areas every few days with as little disturbance as possible - basically just back packing in and out our sleeping (sometimes left for a few days) and hunting gear and food (bear country).

We more often than not do not both occupy the same camp, but adjacent ones a quarter to half mile apart, unless we will be calling.

It is nice to have a dry place to sleep and cook already up when we get there (but you know that!). The weather isn't often very cold, but is often a bit dampish... We (my partner and I) don't do fancy meals, each taking care of our own, nor do we drink and BS. Well, we don't drink anyway..... And nights up here are too damned short as it is during moose season to stay up long BS-ing.

My wife and I, if all goes as planned, will be caribou hunting out of a camp we call "the pick-up camper" next fall, and moose hunting from our remote cabin "The Cabin", tho we will likely spend a few nights up or down the river at other locations and staying over night or nights in "The Tent".

Posted By: ENorton Re: what's your camp name - 02/22/20
Camp No Wood - home of the one pointer.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: what's your camp name - 02/26/20
......... Ogahalla
Posted By: VernAK Re: what's your camp name - 02/27/20
GEEZER RIDGE for moose
CRANE CORNER for Sandhill cranes
DOWN NORTH for lake trout camp.
DENTAYBOW for whitetails.
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: what's your camp name - 03/11/20
Neighbor's camp name is WifeAtHome
Posted By: CWT Re: what's your camp name - 03/11/20
Swamp Root
Posted By: Trumper Re: what's your camp name - 04/02/20
Tastes Like Chicken
Posted By: pete53 Re: what's your camp name - 04/02/20
HONEY MOON`ER
Posted By: ejo Re: what's your camp name - 04/02/20
Stabbin Cabin
Posted By: memtb Re: what's your camp name - 04/02/20
“Camp .33+ Caliber Only”! grin memtb
Posted By: 99in22_250 Re: what's your camp name - 04/02/20
Built our hunting camp in NH in 1961, it's called "Nimrod's Nemesis".

Posted By: Hammerdown Re: what's your camp name - 04/03/20

Rosie's Camp.
Posted By: Trumper Re: what's your camp name - 04/03/20
Not mine but saw one camp sign that read " Smells Like Fish"
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: what's your camp name - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by 99in22_250
Built our hunting camp in NH in 1961, it's called "Nimrod's Nemesis".

I like that name.
Posted By: wldthg Re: what's your camp name - 04/03/20
Camps in my area --- Sprague Springs , Arlington Boy's , Camp of Love, South Hollow, 7-11, McKie Hollow, Stone camp, Pemrick's , Warren's , Twin Birches,Twin Oaks, Owl Nest, Tappin Trees, Alexander,s, Brownell's , Bowen Hill, Waite's, West Possum, and a bunch more. Gone but not forgotten----- Bears Ankle, Bennington Boy's, Woodcocks, Pink Camp, Jones Boy's and the very famous Gubers.
"camp"
Posted By: Craigster Re: what's your camp name - 04/05/20
Bigfoot Flat, Blood Rock, Mule Ridge, Hairball Bar.
© 24hourcampfire