Home
Based on our hunting threads, 2019 looked to be a decent season for a lot of members. With my hunts winding down, I’m curious what hunts you all have left for 2019?

I’ve got Pennsylvania buck, doe, bear tags and one depredations grocery store cow elk tag left and I’m done.

😎
I’ve got a CA bear tag left to fill. Hoping to get after it next week if the weather lets up a few days.
I have bear, mt. lion and 2 elk tags... Filled all my antelope, and all my deer tags and my fall turkey tag... Just bought the bear and lion just in case.. Hunted elk a little maybe a half day, have zero interest in them.. Don;t why I bother getting tags, I guess just incase.. Season is on til Jan.31 for cows... Coyotes are way more fun!!!!
Still have a caribou tag unpunched, but I don't want to buy a 5th freezer.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I have bear, mt. lion and 2 elk tags... Filled all my antelope, and all my deer tags and my fall turkey tag... Just bought the bear and lion just in case.. Hunted elk a little maybe a half day, have zero interest in them.. Don;t why I bother getting tags, I guess just incase.. Season is on til Jan.31 for cows... Coyotes are way more fun!!!!

Wyo,

Why the dislike for elk? One of my favorite, non-hunts, is going and helping a rancher out by smacking a pretty looking young cow elk. The wife, myself, friends and family love the summer sausage, jerky and pepperoni sticks I have most of the cow turned into.

😎
Just a late cow elk tag here in WY. I do have a barbary sheep tag in New Mexico, but it isn't till Feb 2020.

Lots of predators and birds left to kill this year though. I'll chase lions with hounds too, but won't be carrying a tag.
Beav,

Our son, Doug still has an either or Buck / anterless lottery tag.

Buddy Joe still has a buck tag & theoretically Deb &/or I can still buy OTC doe tags, but things are going to get very busy for the next month.

Deer season ends December 15th.
Sadly, I think I'm done for the year frown Not my best year as far as filling tags, but had a fun season. Looking forward to next year, may get to spend some a bit longer time on Wyoming next year if all goes well.

1 buck and 1 doe left in East TN.

Killed a doe and a nice 9, for me, in muzzleloader.
Killed MT elk and Mule deer.

Focused on duck and goose now but may step out for a whitetail or two.
Beav

I’ve killed 1 Doe in Oct and 1 9pt so far in Nov
I’m now passing on Does & lesser bucks...looking for Mr Big.

I have 1 buck & 3 Doe tags plus my Uncle has 2 buck & 2 Doe tags
Our WX has been FICKLE, Full Moon, Windy, and otherwise FUNKY.

I ain’t givin up !!

Jerry
Filled CO deer and elk tags. WA late muzzleloader elk and any cat tag open and unfilled.
I've taken a bull elk, mulie buck, antelope buck and whitetail doe so far. I've still got a couple more whitetail doe tags, a bear tag, a wolf tag, a mountain lion tag and a late cow elk tag left.
Some of you boys got some meat to still make...Get to slaying and posting them pictures...Happy Thanksgiving to all....😎

“Only” the ones we bought! mad memtb
I've got about 8 deer tags between a few states. Spring Turkey in PA, but that's a ways away.

-Jake
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Some of you boys got some meat to still make...Get to slaying and posting them pictures...Happy Thanksgiving to all....😎

Beav, I posted these in the 2019 Hunting Season thread but I'll put 2 of them here.

I got this 9 pt on 11-14, 170 # whole
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This guy showed up in Oct in our Doe ONLY season.... took the pic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm hunting every day that I can BUT I'm layin off anything that's not remotely close to his size.

Jerry
I killed a bull in CO this year. Wife killed a little 10 point buck the other day. I’ve passed literally dozens of smallish bucks and cow elk in the last week. We don’t need the meat so I’m holding out for a monster. But just in case I decide to start shooting stuff, I can shoot 1 buck and 2 does with a rifle for another 9 days. Then another doe with a rifle during the Christmas antlerless season. 2 elk, either 2 cows or one cow and a bull with at least 5 points on a side sometime between now and the end of January. Probably won’t shoot anything but a good buck if given the chance and then back to killing pigs and coyotes.
Elk. Broke L leg last night getting deer off the mountain
Eight doe tags left to fill. Muzzle loader season starts the first and then another antlerless season the first two weeks of January.
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger

Well, I hope you're not making excuses ?

"It's just a flesh wound" !

grin
10, I never really liked elk hunting.. Don't know why.. I have shot over 50 when I was younger and we needed the meat.. Now I mostly give it to friends, and it is just more hassle than I want to put up with any more... I hunt alone and the cold weather isn't enjoyable any more..
Looks like I'll eat a bear tag, a deer tag, and one cow elk tag...maybe (but did get the easiest elk ever earlier this month)!

I'm with WyoCoyoteHUnter 100% on the "I hunt alone and the cold weather isn't enjoyable anymore".

Just not as enthusiastic as I used to be (that's what I've termed my advancing years to ease the pain and shame of being an old fart).
A February javelina tag here in NM and a hog hunt next month in Texas.

Must be something going around here in Wyoming.....I’m experiencing similar of late! It kinda sucks Memtb
Nice job Jerry!.....#170 ain’t slumming.

😎
Still have all 8 of my deer tags I can fill but probably one use 2. Haven't seen anything worth taking the safety off yet and haven't really spent much time in the woods so far. Our season runs thru Jan 1 though.
10, I never really liked elk hunting.. Don't know why.. I have shot over 50 when I was younger and we needed the meat.. Now I mostly give it to friends, and it is just more hassle than I want to put up with any more... I hunt alone and the cold weather isn't enjoyable any more..

Wyo,

Copy that.... You’ve been there-done that, more than a few times.

😎
Originally Posted by murkydismal
Looks like I'll eat a bear tag, a deer tag, and one cow elk tag...maybe (but did get the easiest elk ever earlier this month)!

I'm with WyoCoyoteHUnter 100% on the "I hunt alone and the cold weather isn't enjoyable anymore".

Just not as enthusiastic as I used to be (that's what I've termed my advancing years to ease the pain and shame of being an old fart).

Murky, meet Wyo...You two should join forces and get back to enjoying the hunt. Nice to have a Pard with you...Happy Hunting!

😎

WCH, you & I have talked before and we are close to the same age.
I still like to hunt cold & snow but for shorter durations.

I had no trouble retrieving and processing the 170 # WT by myself
BUT, 600-800 # Elk WOULD be totally diff. I have a long time hunting pard
and if either of us gets drawn for an Elk tag- WE are going together.

Now IF I had the opportunity to Elk hunt & had to alone— I’d HAVE to do it.
It’d be my first time so I could NOT pass the op.

I’d encourage you to NOT give up.

Friend Jerry
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

grin

Didn't even break the skin!

But it sure hurts.........
Jerry, WCH is a cold blooded killer.

He smashes stuff from Sept - Dec.

He's only talking about losing his passion for elk & elk hunting.

Dood still does WTs, Mulies, speed goats,bear(?), birds, trout etc, etc.

Legend & an inspiration !

grin

Sorry Man, could not resist !

Am glad you took it the right way though !
Jerry, WCH is a cold blooded killer.
He smashes stuff from Sept - Dec.
He's only talking about losing his passion for elk & elk hunting.
Dood still does WTs, Mulies, speed goats,bear(?), birds, trout etc, etc.
Legend & an inspiration !

Yes, I understood the focus on Elk. He said he'd killed 50 or so and therefore the luster has dimmed.

I was only trying to encourage him. I wouldn't want to dress & retrieve an Elk by myself - now - but since I haven't done it
the desire is still there.

Thanks 99

Jerry

grin

Thanksgiving feast was excellent! All I could do was sit & eat

No offense taken
2 mule deer MLD tags, at least 1 of which must be a cull. It gets really interesting around Dec 10th.
whitetail buck tag
10 whitetail does on friend's MLD ranch he want to cull
Graeme,

Sorry to hear that. Dang!

We didn't even hunt elk at all this year, because we still had plenty in the freezer. Did take a mule deer, which filled up most of the available space, but am going to hunt birds for the rest of the season.

I tore my achilles and wasn’t able to hunt at all this year. Sucks.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

I tore my achilles and wasn’t able to hunt at all this year. Sucks.

I ‘almost’ know the feeling & disappointment. Last yr I got to hunt SO LITTLE it was
almost none. Family issue !
Sucks ! Sucks ! Sucks ?

Jerry
Originally Posted by JGRaider
2 mule deer MLD tags, at least 1 of which must be a cull. It gets really interesting around Dec 10th.
whitetail buck tag
10 whitetail does on friend's MLD ranch he want to cull

I volunteer ! shocked
grin grin

Jerry

grin

Thanksgiving feast was excellent! All I could do was sit & eat

No offense taken

Hope you heal up quick, and I hope the wolves stay quiet for a while.
Cow elk North Middle of Nevada. Need some meat...
Ulvejaeger, sorry to hear about the leg.. Heal quickly, and best wishes...

Thanks all for the encouragement... I will still probably buy elk license and hunt a bit in years to come.. May even go some this year, season in my area goes for a long spell.. I haven't given up hunting .. Not by a long shot.. We still go for deer, antelope, turkey, birds, p. dogs, squirrels, and of course coyotes.. They are fun.. I just don't hit any of it as hard as I used to.. But maybe that makes it even more fun.. Birds are my dogs favorite, but little of that right here.. We may still make a hunt or to.. Coyotes get a lot of my attention because they are close, I don't have to tag em, gut em, and everyone is happy to have the little devils shot.. I love em.. Except for deer, I make a lot of afternoon hunts, especially in cold weather.. But with elk that means a big job to be handled in failing light, and now cold temps.. I am pretty sure, if I get a decent shot I will take it.. But I have just been avoiding my elk area when hunting coyotes.. Hope this makes some kind of sense.. Thanks again..
grin

Atta boy !
Thank you guys.
Surgery Monday.
Time will tell
atse, as you know there is a wolf behind every bush!
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Based on our hunting threads, 2019 looked to be a decent season for a lot of members. With my hunts winding down, I’m curious what hunts you all have left for 2019?

I’ve got Pennsylvania buck, doe, bear tags and one depredations grocery store cow elk tag left and I’m done.

😎

How'd you do mark???
6 deer tags for Louisiana. 3 antlerless and 3 antlered, or 4 antlerless and 2 antlered.
Filled my buck and doe tag on the middle of the week opener. Spent most of yesterday cutting them up for the freezer. Brother in law was whining about needing some meat so I bought two more doe tags. Haven't seen anything since. If I get one, he's doing the knife work!
I finished the season still holding two whitetail doe tags and a mule deer doe tag. I did fill my buck tag, two mule deer doe tags and two whittail doe tags. Most of the deer we shot were in the last week of the season.
A coues whitetail tag in southern AZ.
I still have all 5 of my tags. I've only been to the lease once and didn't get to pull the trigger on the deer I wanted.
2 Pa antlerless tags left to fill. With intentions to do so. If filled they will be donated to hunters feeding the hungry
Plains elk tag good Sept 1st to Jan. 31st. Trouble is, the only time elk come thru here in the last 10 years is in the spring. But I keep buying the tag, just a hoping....
Lawyers
Democrats
Telemarketers
Illegal Immigrants
RINOs

Not in any particular order.

W. Shakespeare
© 24hourcampfire