Home
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter 2020 Tags - 03/26/20
Applied for all my Montana Tags today. Hopefully I draw at least one!

Good luck to everyone on your tags.
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: 2020 Tags - 03/26/20
I’m in for all Utah species however won’t draw there (9 points not enough) also in for Wyoming Elk with my son - we should draw. Will be putting in for Idaho moose here in April. Hoping year number 10 is the lucky moose draw year.
Posted By: 805 Re: 2020 Tags - 03/26/20
I’m in for General Deer combo. Hoping MT keeps my money!
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: 2020 Tags - 03/26/20
Plan to hunt two Colorado elk seasons this year - 3rd and 4th. Should have a deer tag for 3rd as well.

We also plan to hunt antelope in Wyoming.

My personal opinion is the COVID-19 scare is overblown. Looks like good treatments are known and working, death rate keeps dropping as more people are tested positive. One doctor treated 350 patients anti-malarial hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic. The result was zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations.

My concern is the shelter-in-place shutdown of the economy "cure" may end up being worse and more deadly than the disease.

As an older coot (I turn 69 in a couple days) I'm in a relatively high risk group. While not ready to die, I'm ready to do so if that is what it takes to protect the economy and our way of life for my kids and grandkids.

IMHO the only people who need to fear death are those who would leave behind family who can't care for themselves and those who don't believe that death is a transition rather than the end. I pray for the former and pity the latter.
Posted By: WAM Re: 2020 Tags - 03/28/20
In for Colorado deer 2nd Rifle season. Waiting for WA Regs to publish with tag quotas. Gotta wait until multiseason draw results to come out. Will apply for moose too.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: 2020 Tags - 03/28/20
I put in for a couple in AK, no luck. I can still hunt almost anything I want on OTC tags. Will probably just hunt deer though.
Posted By: ammoman16 Re: 2020 Tags - 03/28/20
I applied for some of my MT tags already amd will get the rest in soon. Also in for CO elk, and will put in for ID moose amd WY antelope. Other than that just picking up elk, sheep, moose, goat and deer points in a few states.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: 2020 Tags - 03/28/20
Put in for some hard draws in NM, for elk, antelope, and Ibex.
Thinking I'm probably gonna get coues deer, and keeping fingers crossed, wife and I get broken horn oryx.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: 2020 Tags - 03/30/20
Good luck MCH !!
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: 2020 Tags - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Good luck MCH !!

Thank you.
Posted By: ranger1 Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
I'm all applied in Montana. $267.50 - Almost $100 of which was for application fees and extraneous "licenses" that aren't for animals.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
I just waded through the on-line Montana process to get a license. MONUMENTAL Pain In The Ass.

And yes, fraught with extraneous 'fees'...

Don't know why I expected anything different...
Posted By: MTGunner Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
Sat down for two hours last week with all written down, underlined and pertinent information. Still took two hours as I am not great online. But, all done. Waiting for my carcass tags and perhaps good news of lottery tags. Have many bonus points that continue to accumulate. Good luck everyone. MTG
Posted By: Huntz Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
I am betting there will be plenty left over tags everywhere this year.
Posted By: Judman Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
Results are supposed to be posted 2nd week of April for Montana this year, correct?
Posted By: moosemike Re: 2020 Tags - 03/31/20
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Plan to hunt two Colorado elk seasons this year - 3rd and 4th. Should have a deer tag for 3rd as well.

We also plan to hunt antelope in Wyoming.

My personal opinion is the COVID-19 scare is overblown. Looks like good treatments are known and working, death rate keeps dropping as more people are tested positive. One doctor treated 350 patients anti-malarial hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic. The result was zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations.

My concern is the shelter-in-place shutdown of the economy "cure" may end up being worse and more deadly than the disease.

As an older coot (I turn 69 in a couple days) I'm in a relatively high risk group. While not ready to die, I'm ready to do so if that is what it takes to protect the economy and our way of life for my kids and grandkids.

IMHO the only people who need to fear death are those who would leave behind family who can't care for themselves and those who don't believe that death is a transition rather than the end. I pray for the former and pity the latter.

Yeah it shouldn't be bad. Trump said only a 100,000 are likely to die. Small potatoes.
Posted By: aalf Re: 2020 Tags - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Huntz
I am betting there will be plenty left over tags everywhere this year.

Hope so, I didn't give Mt any extra point money this year, still feel like I got diddled without a kiss.....
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: 2020 Tags - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Judman
Results are supposed to be posted 2nd week of April for Montana this year, correct?

Yes Deer and Elk as far as I know as of now anyways.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: 2020 Tags - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by ranger1
I'm all applied in Montana. $267.50 - Almost $100 of which was for application fees and extraneous "licenses" that aren't for animals.

You got off light, mine was $348.41
Posted By: CanadianLefty Re: 2020 Tags - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by moosemike
Yeah it shouldn't be bad. Trump said only a 100,000 are likely to die. Small potatoes.

I am sure the families of the 100,000, now up to 240,000+ Americans would not call that "Small potatoes."

Fox News just reported: White House projects 100K to 240K coronavirus deaths as Trump tells US to prepare...

Apart from this, back to the hunting draws being affected, it looks like non-residents who drew Alaska spring Black Bear might not be able to travel to hunt. I didn't draw but was going to be fishing there later this summer and the outfitter just called me to say that they're on standby but it's not looking good.

I wonder if travel restrictions will continue into September or later...
Posted By: CRS Re: 2020 Tags - 04/01/20
I may apply for a WY deer or antelope license. Being 10 miles from the border makes it easy to hunt. Especially when our west property fence on the ranch is WY.

With all of that being said, was planning on just getting SD tags this year and enjoying a nice relaxing season.
© 24hourcampfire