Home
Posted By: Hesp Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Just for your viewing pleasure this sow & cubs came thru my place this morning[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: pete53 Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
nice picture,thanks for posting,Pete53
Posted By: Tejano Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
One favors mom and the other dad? Nice photo.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by pete53
nice picture,thanks for posting,Pete53

+1

ya!

GWB
Posted By: SKane Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Great photo! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Hesp, My son lives up Lightner Creek, just west of Durango, their having a hell of time with bears this spring. Rio7
Posted By: Hesp Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by RIO7
Hesp, My son lives up Lightner Creek, just west of Durango, their having a hell of time with bears this spring. Rio7

I'm out Hesperus way, out Wild Cat Mt. rd. Don't have a lot of bears here , just enough that they get your attention .
Posted By: Lonny Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Cool pic Hesp. Thanks for sharing it.

About 10 years ago, we were is Yellowstone, tent camping at Pebble Creek, and a light-brown colored black bear (just about the same color and size as your pic) fed out into the meadow right next to the campground. Fairly quickly, about 10 campers gathered to watch the bear which was only about 75 yards away.

A group of young guys with Iowa license plates had just showed up in the campground and were really stoked to see a bear. A Park Ranger showed up right away to make sure people stayed back.

One of the Iowa guys exclaimed, "This is so cool to see a grizz as soon as we got here!" I looked a the Ranger to see if he was going to correct the young guy and tell him it was a black bear, but he just nodded to them and said, "Your lucky day."

To this day, I wondered if he purposely mislead them or if the Ranger actually thought it was a grizzly bear?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Hesp, I know Wildcat Mt. rd. drive by it on the way to my place. Rio7
Posted By: Hesp Re: Bear this morning - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by RIO7
Hesp, I know Wildcat Mt. rd. drive by it on the way to my place. Rio7

Just sold my small spread here . Have to be out by June 30th. Moving to my son's much larger spread in western Montana. He has a few bears there also.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Bear this morning - 05/20/20
Very cool!
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Bear this morning - 05/20/20
I lived up Wildcat Canyon for 2 years at FLC
Posted By: Scotty Re: Bear this morning - 05/25/20
Great photo
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Bear this morning - 05/25/20
Thanks for sharing that great photo.
Posted By: TNTBR Re: Bear this morning - 06/03/20
Very nice!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Bear this morning - 06/09/20
Cute little family.