Home
Posted By: BeanMan No Moose - 06/02/20
No Moose for a BeanMan, 20 years worth of points.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by BeanMan

Misery loves company-----I'm in the same boat.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
I hit Montana moose on my 20th year of applying this year. I plan to go set up camp towards the end of September. It'll be my second moose hunt as I drew Idaho in 2008.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
No moose for me.
Posted By: exbiologist Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
None here either
Posted By: memtb Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
Well, while bad, you still have another chance! Once you get a nice, thriving wolf population.....you may never draw a tag. Our moose permits are being reduced almost yearly.....apparently the wolves do not need “points”! memtb
Posted By: wytex Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
It's not doom and gloom all over the state membt, our moose are doing ok.
Posted By: memtb Re: No Moose - 06/02/20

wytex, maybe not statewide...but in the past 20 or so years I think an area or 2 have been closed, and in many other areas....the allotted tags have been reduced. I know that the moose numbers in the Kemmerer area much lowers than they were in the late ‘80’s early ‘90’s. And you’re correct it’s not “gloom and dome”.....but, it darn sure ain’t good! memtb
Posted By: surefire7 Re: No Moose - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by BeanMan

I finally got my Moose here in CO last year, a very nice Shiras bull. Took 23 points (years).
Posted By: las Re: No Moose - 06/03/20
I quit the bison draws up here last year after 40 years of contributions and no tags.

Not that fond of bison meat anyway. I can think of at least 8 wild meats that I like better.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: No Moose - 06/03/20
There is always next year...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: No Moose - 06/03/20
20 years of applying would go a long way toward an OTC AK hunt...
Posted By: TSIBINDI Re: No Moose - 06/03/20
Twenty years, and counting. Another year, and NO moose tag. Seems to be a common refrain....
Posted By: stuvwxyz Re: No Moose - 06/05/20
Beanman don't hold your breathe for next years draw either. I have 34 unsuccessful years applying for moose here in Colorado. I have several that sleep next to the house several times a year but no luck. Am getting older and more stove up so I don't know how many more years I can go without a permit till I have to surrender to the inevitable.
Posted By: Utahunter Re: No Moose - 06/05/20
I applied for a moose tag here in my home state of Utah with 21 Bonus Points. I even applied for one of our landowner Cooperative Wildlfie Management Units, which should be much easier to draw than a Limited Entry unit, but no luck.
© 24hourcampfire