Home
Is there any difference between red and green lights in regards to the “ ability” of hogs see them? I recently got a fenix tk32 that has both colors built into the light.
I don't know 100%, but my buddy uses green, and we have torched I don't know how many pigs at night using it. They don't seem to pay any attnetion to it whatsoever.
As noted, green.
I have used both and never noticed a difference. They definitely do see green light. They might be less spooked by it but it you shine a green light on a wary hog, he's going to take off running. I have seen this many times. I switched from red to green thinking there would be a huge difference and while both spook pigs way less than white light, the animals still notice both.
I like green...pigs didn't like my red light.
I like the red because it allows ME to see better.

The green I can't see as well when I light them up.
I use red , which the hogs don't seem to notice, As a matter of fact, deer don't react at all to the light either (deer that happen to pass by in same area as the hogs but I don't shoot the deer). Have no problem seeing hogs with the red light but the distances I need to see are not that far.
Turn on the green light above them & bring it down slow onto them & they never know what hit ‘em.
© 24hourcampfire