Home
You can’t make this stuff up!

Hippo is like a son???

Man mauled to death by pet hippo he described as 'like a son'

A South African farmer was reportedly mauled to death on Sunday by his pet hippo, which he had previously referred to as "like a son to me."
Marius Els, who lived in the Free State province of South Africa was found dead in a river, having been bitten repeatedly by the animal.
Els, 40, had adopted the hippo, whom he had named "Humphrey," when it was found as a calf. Earlier this year footage of Els riding the more than 2,000-pound beast went viral.
The South African said that "Humphrey" had responded to his calls, enjoyed playing with him, and that he would even brush the hippo's teeth.
https://apple.news/ARgkwV4l2TUaUH33FjwSSgQ
Looking at the picture from the article, I couldn't tell for sure which of the two was the hippo. grin

Darwin Award, First Class, for that dumb dude.

L.W.
Lesson learned.
He won't do it again!
Hungry Hungry Hippo
Hippo just being a hippo...
If he was swimming with it, how do they know it was Humphrey that done the deed? Coulda been any body.
Guess ILL cross hippo off my son's Christmas list.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....
Must be related to Treadwell.
Oh Oh, one less nominee for Bidens administration.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If he was swimming with it, how do they know it was Humphrey that done the deed? Coulda been any body.

That was hilarious. Like something out of the Far Side.

Stupidity should be memorialised so that other halfwits attempt it as well.

[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
Here's a short video of how hippos play. Nice ivories there. The one the guy had was probably midsize between these two.

Obviously mentally ill like so many animal lovers these days. Wild animals are not pets.

Too bad he had to die to learn it.
These people blow my mind.

They must not have grown up with cows, horses, or pigs.
You soon learn to understand your place in the pecking order,
when the animals decide to play.

Speak softly,
Carry a big stick,
Know where the F'n fence is!
This quote captured his fault, "But I have a relationship with the most dangerous animal in Africa.". Not the hippopotamus' fault.
© 24hourcampfire