Home
Posted By: grayfox Need opinion on travel - 04/12/21
I am returning to South Africa for my second hunt, this time will use outfitters guns. Should I still use agent like TWG, or Gacey to book travel. Lodgeing, ripcord. Etc. or are they mostly for hunters taking guns. Thanks in advance
Posted By: jdollar Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/12/21
I always use camp rifles and book my own airfare. No problem after 13-14 safaris and never paid extra to a travel agent. YMMV....
Posted By: RinB Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/25/21

I used TWG (Patrick) on my recent hunt, returned within the last 48 hours, and was very pleased with his service.
Flew with Qatar and was very pleased with flights.
Posted By: RinB Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/25/21

Things are very fluid in RSA with flights. Airlink canceled one leg on very short notice so was glad I had help.
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/25/21
Originally Posted by RinB

I used TWG (Patrick) on my recent hunt, returned within the last 48 hours, and was very pleased with his service.

grayfox,

This is the best advice you will ever receive on safari travel.

RS
Posted By: ggarcia85 Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/26/21
Originally Posted by RinB

I’m glad to hear everything went smooth with your flights. My brother and I leave on the 6th to Maun. We have to do the Qatar rout as well
Posted By: NTO Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/29/21
Use TWG will make it much easier with or without guns. In all the trips I have been there rates are always cheaper than the rates I can find myself.
Posted By: ManyMoons Re: Need opinion on travel - 04/29/21
You can't bear Lori at "Travel Express"..Used her for 3 trips to Africa,,,,she hunts there also..Giveher a call.
I've used both TWG and Travel Express both are fantastic.
© 24hourcampfire