Home
Posted By: GRF Sitting in the airport…. - 09/01/21
…..in Calgary waiting on my flight to Frankfurt, a long layover then flying to Windhoek, overnight at the House on Olaf Place in Windhoek, flight to Rundu then a two hour drive to camp in Mahango in Bwabwata for a Cape Buffalo hunt with Jacques Strauss of Kowas Safaris.

Details and pictures to come.
Have a safe trip and have fun. I look forward to your pictures and retelling of your adventures.
Originally Posted by GRF
…..in Calgary waiting on my flight to Frankfurt, a long layover then flying to Windhoek, overnight at the House on Olaf Place in Windhoek, flight to Rundu then a two hour drive to camp in Mahango in Bwabwata for a Cape Buffalo hunt with Jacques Strauss of Kowas Safaris.

Details and pictures to come.

You're in good hands with Jacques. I've hunted with him several times and you will have the time of your life. Good luck, take us some good pics!
Posted By: hatari Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/02/21
Please report in. Have a great time.
Safe travels and good luck on your hunt.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/04/21
Have fun and be safe. Talk when you get back.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/06/21
......and don't forget to take pics !

and good luck off course.
Have fun and safe travels.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/07/21
Are we to believe there is no WIFI in camp? No updates? Come on GRF, we're waiting!
Posted By: GRF Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/08/21
Jim; there is wifi

Working on a proper write up for when all is done, I've been journalling everyday. No spoilers until I'm back and able to post the full story and photos.

We see huge number of buffalo everyday with herds numbering as large as 300 animals. Lechwe are abundant as are Impala. Everyday we see elephant, hippo, crocodile, kudu, tsessebe. Camp is wonderful, the food is good and Jaques the PH, Peter and Humphrey the trackers and Wayne the chef are first rate.
Have a great hunt!
Posted By: NWT Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/15/21
Good luck on your hunt and have fun!
Did you travel with guns through Frankfurt? If so how did that go?
NWT
Posted By: GRF Re: Sitting in the airport…. - 09/17/21
NWT outbound was no issue as the firearm was checked all the through therefore no problems

As in my story posted above not being checked through to Calgary despite my insistence and assurance of Eurowings staff in Namibia I ended up having a chat with the German Police about my illegal importation of a firearm
Good luck on your hunt. Post up pictures.
© 24hourcampfire