Home
Well Gentlemen...

It appropriately being Veterans Day, our contest judges have finally narrowed it down to Two Winners of the All Expense Take Care of Trip for a professional guided hunt in Africa..

This is all courtesy of Forum Member Pieter Kriel who will take care of all details once the winners get to Africa..
( transportation to Africa and home is the responsibility of the winners.. and ANY FORUM MEMBERS WHO WANT TO HELP OUT WITH THAT, PLEASE CONTACT ME OR PIETER...)

The judges for this were myself and 3 other forum members... three great guys who should be known by most 24 hour campfire members...

This was no easy decision, because we definitely had a even dozen HIGH Qualified and DESERVING contestants..Sadly we could not chose all 12 due to constraints...

This has been a painstaking long and slow decision, on each of the judges review of the brief essays written by each contestant of WHY THEY WOULD LIKE TO GO TO AFRICA....

We have selected TWO Winners and Two Alternates if circumstances change for either of our two winners...

without further Adue... our Contest Winners ARE:

1. Cody,

2. Rob, aka BUFAF

I will be contact the two alternates by PM...

I want to take the time to thank Rick and 24 hour campfire for allowing us to do this... Pieter Kriel for his fantastic donation of this opportunity for our Two Veterans...

and especially my fellow contest judges for all of their time, energy and support in all of this...you guys are the best...

to Cody and Rob: Congrats Guys! You're going to AFRICA

Addendum: Cody and Rob.. Please contact Pieter at:

http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za
[email protected]
A big thank you to Seafire and the other judges for their time and effort.

Looking forward to meeting up with Cody and Rob.
Congrats and have a GREAT HUNT GUYS!!!
That is FANTASTIC!

Pieter and John, you are two wonderful, generous, gentlemen!

Ed
Outstanding! Got to keep this at the top!
Absolutely First Class!

ddj
Pieter's generosity is overwhelming...all I can say...
Awesome! Congrats guys and thanks for your service.
smile
Thanks Pieter. I know these guys will have a time of their life.
Wow! A toast to Pieter and Seafire. Soon two more unsuspecting souls will get bitten by the safari bug and come to love Africa as do most of us.
Wow guys, I really don't know what to say! I never thought that I would actually make it to Africa! I have so much planning to do! I get to have ankle surgery again on January 16th, and will be on crutches for about 8 weeks according to my doc. This gives me a reason to take my physical therapy really seriously this time! If I don't I won't be able to make this trip! Time to get into a shape other than round.

I'm going to be asking a LOT of questions! I'm definitely going to need a new rifle, because I'm pretty sure that none of the 20-some other rifles that I have are suitable for a trip to Africa smile

All I can say at this point is WOW and Thank You!
Congratulations fellas! And great job Pieter and Seafire for making this happen! I look forward the hunt report! smile

Eric
Congratulations to the soldiers that will be hunting the dark continent! It goes without saying all of us will expect a trip report and lots of pictures in order to ride along vicariously.

Seafire, I salute you and the judges efforts to organize and make final determinations on this contest. I'm positive it wasn't an easy task... especially the judging.

Pieter, you're a class act. A truly wonderful gesture of generosity and camaraderie.
Originally Posted by bufaf
Wow guys, I really don't know what to say! I never thought that I would actually make it to Africa! I have so much planning to do!

I'm going to be asking a LOT of questions! I'm definitely going to need a new rifle, because I'm pretty sure that none of the 20-some other rifles that I have are suitable for a trip to Africa smile

Thanks the spirit! Now you can join in the 9.3 vs. .375 H & H debates, all the while knowing that a .300 Mag will suit you well for PG.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pieter's generosity is overwhelming...all I can say...

Agree, 100%. This is simply outstanding!

Congrats to all, should be a great hunt for everyone involved!

Guy
Darn...if I had known it was an actual contest instead of a random drawing I would have put a little more effort into what I wrote.

Oh well.

Good on the winners and Pieter. Good luck on the hunt.
Great job fellas! Hat tip to Peter and Seafire, good luck to the hunters! We'll be looking for pictures and stories!
Simply Awesome. Thanks for supporting our veterans!
Congrats to the winners, looking forward to hearing your trip reports when you get back!! Thanks to Seafire and Pieter for making this happen too!!

Ince I didn't receive a pm can you tell us who the alternates are?
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by bufaf
Wow guys, I really don't know what to say! I never thought that I would actually make it to Africa! I have so much planning to do!

Thanks the spirit! Now you can join in the 9.3 vs. .375 H & H debates, all the while knowing that a .300 Mag will suit you well for PG.
don't you mean a "300 wsm"?
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Seafire and Pieter.

Folks I hope you enjoy you safari with Pieter as much as I have enjoyed mine. I look forward to pics and reports.
What a great thing to do for a couple of my fellow vets.
Thanks Pieter and Seafire.
What goes around comes around.
I hope this comes around for you both "in spades" as my Dad used to say.

Sure wish I'd seen the offer back in April.
When is this hunt taking place?
This has become an almost logistical nightmare trying to get dates to suit everyone.

An anckle operation postponed the hunt, then hunting dates collided. One of the aspects not addressed in the initial competition rules was when this hunt should take place.

At this point we are struggling to get everyone confined to a certain date.

It's going to happen. I just cannot now say it has to happen before the end of next week.

Will keep you posted.
© 24hourcampfire