Home
I've seen a few random hunt reports and pictures pop up so far this year but I'm sure there are plenty yet to go. SO, who is going where and when? Any dangerous game hunts planned? First time safaris? Let's hear it!
My 14 y.o. Son and I are headed to Northern South Africa on May 31st. for a 10 day plains game hunt. This will be our first time in Africa. We are hunting near Musina with PJ Safaris. I purchased the hunt from an SCI Banquet dinner 18 months ago. We are very excited. A trip of a life time I am sure.
Zimbabwe for Buff/Plains Game. In June for 10days. First time to Africa. It all started when I said to my wife that I could probably go to Africa for what my friends are spending on elk hunts.

She said yeah, you probably could-I took that as permission and here we are. Got more expensive because she is going and I decided to go after Buff instead of just Plains Game.
RSA-Limpopo in June for PG. Waterbuck, red heartbeest, bushbuck, warthog. Then to Kruger for Buffalo.

Then to Vic Falls and JNB for a week, then back to ATL and home. Will be gone for over three weeks.
Home -- oh, wait. That's where I am now...
Namibia for leopard, maybe a problem lion up around Etosha.

Side order of kudu and springbok if the lion stays inside the park or the leopard fails to cooperate.
In September, I'm taking my second trip to South Africa for plains game. First trip was exactly 10 years earlier. I'm taking the wife with me this time. She doesn't hunt, but she loves to photograph.
In September my brother and I will be hunting with Karoo Safaris for plains game in RSA.
Does it count that it is now less than a calendar "year" before I am the RSA for PG?
Not this season but headed to Mozambique in Aug. 2014 for cape buffalo. Maybe a couple of palins animals also. It will be my first trip to Africa.
I want to go to Africa but it is not in the cards for this spring. I am setting my sights on next spring and Authentic African Adventures ie...JJHack on this site.
SilentT - Headed to the Limpopo region in a month and a day for buffalo, zebra, kudu and impala. Of course, you know that since you're the one sending me there. My father's joining me as chief bartender and campfire companion...and he'll try for an impala as well. It'll be our first trip and we're pretty excited.
I have been to Africa each of the last five years. I may skip this year, but said the same thing at this time last year. Ended up booking in October and spent a month in Zim during November and December. Maybe the same thing will happen again.
My son and I are heading to Tanzania for 21 days in July. We will be hunting with Pierre van Tonder.
Namibia, Friday...

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately I'm not going anywhere this year, so I look forward to reading everyone else reports.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Unfortunately I'm not going anywhere this year, so I look forward to reading everyone else reports.

Me neither thanks to Barry's great economic recovery.
Sounds like a lot of exciting safaris to come! I can't wait to see some reports!
I would like to be going to your place in Botswana... but I'll be doing some fly-in fishing in Alberta, and hunting in montana this year...
Heading to the Dande in Zim for three buff, a hippo and some plains game.

Was supposed to hunt the Save for trophy bull ele and buff but that hunt got screwed up with the current situation, dammit.

Leaving June 2 return June 18.
Well.....
I'll be hunting South Africa for around 250 days this year.... sigh
smile

PS: oh yes, and Leopard in Namibia.
Home. I'm going home thank goodness!
Zimbabwe the end of August for Cape Buff/PG. If everything works out the way it's planned, our first day hunting will be dads 65th birthday.
Leaving Sunday for a 10 day PG hunt on the Limpopo close to Alldays. 4th time over for me but first for my friend. Not sure which of us is more excited! TM
RSA - Northwest Province. 10 days for PG - kudu, warthog, impala, bushbuck, zebra, mountain reedbuck, blue wildebeest.

Leave on June 29th.
Just got back. Was in Limpopo for 7 days...Kudu, Impala, Warthog
Wildebeast(Blue), and Eland cow. Now to plan the next one......
Tom,
Headed to Kanana in 26 days. Woohoo!
Hunting plains game with Kowas Adventure Safaris in Namibia.

Hoping for kudu, gemsbok, impala, and springbok, with maybe a blue wildebeest thrown in.
Mozambique in October for buff, croc and non exportable hippo.

Australia in August for buff, feral culling and a general warm-up for the Moz trip.
I just returned from a 7-day hunt with KMG Safaris in the East Cape. Had a great time and took eight species: waterbuck, bushbuck, eland, nyala, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbuck, and blesbuck.
Pics!

WE NEED PICS!!!! laugh
Well, not this year, but in 2014 I'm headed to Zim for Buff/leopard then back to Namibia for some plains game.
And Im going to Texas for Axis in 2014. I was really hoping you'd be home...

But I guess not... wink
Katy bar the doors!

When?

Well, as Tom knows, I returned from my second plains game trip to Kanana 3 weeks ago.
It was a great 2 week long trip & I mixed it up using both a bow and a rifle for a nice change from the first time.
I'm back offshore working in Africa now but I'll try to get some pics or something up as soon as time allows.
I'm now looking at maybe doing a west Texas Axis & Blackbuck Antelope hunt in July. I've been wanting to hunt those two species for quite some time.
I need to just chill & spend some time at home when I get back, but this wanderlust is strong upon me.

We'll see what happens.
Jeff
Originally Posted by sactoller
Katy bar the doors!

When?

Looking at Mid May...
Here you go Ingwe.

That is KMG Safaris PH Louw Pieterse in the first two photos:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/alb...ne%202013/IMG_0150_zps6f628072.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/alb...ne%202013/IMG_0154_zps44c63b4f.jpg[/img]

Originally Posted by ingwe

But I guess not... wink

I'll be around. You coming by yourself or dragging some turds along with you?
ingwe
Turd dragger extrordinaire. smile excuse the French inclusion.
Randy
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by ingwe

But I guess not... wink

I'll be around. You coming by yourself or dragging some turds along with you?

Looking like I'll be by myself...
postoak: NICE STUFF!! laugh
40" Cow, 55" Kudu...

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire