Home
Leaving for RSA on Monday. First time. Does anyone know if there is a cigar shop in terminal A?
I have only been to Africa once, hunting in the Eastern Cape.
Jo-burg airport was a nightmare, in my opinion. I was there for two hours to change planes and almost missed my flight to Port E.
There are some shops and a few bars and a couple areas to get food...I did not see a cigar/smoke, shop but good luck on your trip.
You'll have better luck on the connecting flight in Europe. Are you going through London?

http://www.aficionado.org.uk/Travel.php
Try this link from AR:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121043/m/2511032981
Yes, there are cuban cigars that are sold in the duty free stores. Can't vouch for the sophistication of their humidification or temperature control, though.

One word of advice for those that are heading to Botswana. You can't bring tobacco or alcohol from SA with you. Once the duty free folks in Joberg see Botswana as your destination, they inform you that they can't sell tobacco or alcohol to you. Something to do with a trade treaty.

Can't do it if your destination is Namibia either (at least that was true a few years ago).
I bought some Cuban's at the Jo-Burg airport several years ago at duty free, I had little time to make a good selection and frankly the wrappers were crack and the humidor wasn't the greatest, but the experience was nice non-the-less. As stated above moving them from country to country is difficult and in "most" case illegal. But if you are going to enjoy it in-country then enjoy away. If you have time on the way home the Amsterdam airport has a great smoke shop and lounge, made some really nice contacts there.
Thanks for the info guys. We are leaving tomorrow night. I will be in Jersey for 2 days before we head to RSA. I will bring a box of Dominican H Upmans with me and look for Cubans when I am in the J-Burg Airport. We are hunting up near the Zim border so we won't be outside od RSA.
Try some Padron Anniversario 1964's. You won't be disappointed.

Good hunting!
© 24hourcampfire