Home
My taxidermist finished up my trophies from last September's trip with Karoo Wild Safaris in the East Cape of South Africa.

The big skin is from my blue wildebeest and the small skin is from my bushbuck. The Euro mounts are of my blesbok, blue wildebeest, impala and the old one horned, bushbuck.

I'm going to have to re-arrange the wall mounts to get everything up and I don't know what I'm going to do with the rugs yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They turned out great, congrats! This is what I'm doing with my Nyala and Warthog. I hope they turn out as well as yours did.

Eric
Always a great day. Congrats.
Awesome!
Looks fantastic! One of my dreams is to get a zebra and have a rug made. When you say "last September" you don't mean last month, do you? Just from what I have read and heard about time it takes to have trophies prepared/mounted, I would think your hunt was back in Sept. of 2013?
Frank,
Just like Christmas only better!
Yep, September 2013 for the hunt. I have the zebra skin on the wall.

[Linked Image]
Super duper! The more I see those blue wildebeest flat skins the more I like 'em. Yours, and that zebra, are awesome! Congrats.
Fjold....I have to ask, because I am a 'gun' guy...what rifle and caliber and bullet weight did you use?
The trophies look great.
Originally Posted by Fjold
Yep, September 2013 for the hunt. I have the zebra skin on the wall.

Envious ...very envious!
Originally Posted by 30mmplumber
Fjold....I have to ask, because I am a 'gun' guy...what rifle and caliber and bullet weight did you use?
The trophies look great.

I just shoot my left handed, Winchester M70 Classic Safari Express in 375 H&H using the 300 grain TSX at 2560 fps for everything.

What Wifezilla calls the "Wall of Death"

[Linked Image]
Love unpacking the trophy crate!! Better than Christmas morning. Thanks for sharing.

Wife refers to my office as the field museum.
Originally Posted by Fjold
Originally Posted by 30mmplumber
The trophies look great.

I just shoot my left handed, Winchester M70 Classic Safari Express in 375 H&H using the 300 grain TSX at 2560 fps for everything.

What Wifezilla calls the "Wall of Death"

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting that picture. I've got most of those plus an extra Kudu, and that helps me and my wife visualize them.
Frank

Dat's very nice! (Although you need another bushbuck.)

Barry
Originally Posted by agazain
Frank

Dat's very nice! (Although you need another bushbuck.)

Barry

And a Nyala shoulder mount! I'm planning another hunt in 2016 for Nyala and another bushbuck
These really do look great. I like the skins done that way. cool cool

Those skins look great. Really like the wall of death with the photos.

Always a good time.
What did you use to hang your Zebra rug on the wall?

Originally Posted by nurse
What did you use to hang your Zebra rug on the wall?

I sewed rings on the back at strategic points for hanging and put picture hooks on the wall. I then used black upholstery tacks along the felt edge to smooth it out.
Looks great Frank! Congratulations.
© 24hourcampfire