Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjE6X4lbto0#t=18
what impossible, they are grass eaters without a mean bone in their body smirk

both John Kingsley-Heath and Tony Sanchez-Arino have some interesting stories of run ins with rhino that are just pissed off at the world and take it out on people or critters....SA has a photo in one of his books of a rhino he shot that still had the blood of the last native it killed on its horn plain as day in the pic
Cool footage. Must have died of internal bleeding? Didn't look to me like the rino's horn ever pierced the skin of the buff.
There was another video going around of an elephant vs. a rhino. The rhino didn't come out too well on that one ... the elephant won! Basically, the elephant flipped the rhino over on its back and stomped it to death. In either case, I really wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a pissed off elephant or a pissed off rhino. Now I understand why you want your PH to be backing you with something like a 500 NE.
Originally Posted by ftbt
There was another video going around of an elephant vs. a rhino. The rhino didn't come out too well on that one ... the elephant won! Basically, the elephant flipped the rhino over on its back and stomped it to death. In either case, I really wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a pissed off elephant or a pissed off rhino. Now I understand why you want your PH to be backing you with something like a 500 NE.

Looks like the buff was well out of his weight class. Quite a video, thanks for posting JJ!

I'll say this though, that buff is one tough mofo. And yes, he was definitely out of his weight class!
Kinda tough to fight when your buddies are giving you the what for, too.
Wow, that rhino manhandled that buff. I can't imagine the horn did not penetrate at some point. The buff is rubbing his head against the ground like it is hurting early on. We ran into a Rhino while on foot during my hunt and that was the one time the PH got real serious and we did an about face and left the area quickly.
Wow, focus was bad on a lot of that, but very exciting to watch, I am sure....
Seems like the buf used the wrong technique against the rhino. Instead of going head to head he should have charged from a distance to the side or rear of the rhino. Then again bufs don't have to fight rhinos frequently,
© 24hourcampfire