Home
Posted By: chas05 Feeling good - 09/16/15
At 7 pm pacific tonight my wife and I begin our first trip to South Africa. Eugene, Seattle, New York, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth. Hooowee
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
HAVE FUN!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
YOU SUCK!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
Do you Africans always speak in all caps?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
NO.
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
Originally Posted by chas05
At 7 pm pacific tonight my wife and I begin our first trip to South Africa. Eugene, Seattle, New York, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth. Hooowee

I envy you. There is nothing like the first trip to Africa. Please tell us more about your plans.
Posted By: chas05 Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
Eastern Cape with Two Waters, 6 days hunting, 1 day of rest, 3days touring the Garden Route, & 2 days in Capetown.

Charlie
Posted By: Scotty Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
Have a good time.
Posted By: GRF Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
you will have an awesome time, enjoy
Posted By: KMGHuntingSafaris Re: Feeling good - 09/16/15
Great stuff! Welcome to the Eastern Cape! You'll have a great time with Two Waters Safaris. Had a few beverages with them at a show in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Good people.
Posted By: hatari Re: Feeling good - 09/17/15
Originally Posted by chas05
Eastern Cape with Two Waters, 6 days hunting, 1 day of rest, 3days touring the Garden Route, & 2 days in Capetown.

Charlie

That will be a fantastic trip. Done that several times and I'd do it a hundred more.

Posted By: EricM Re: Feeling good - 09/17/15
Have fun!
Posted By: chas05 Re: Feeling good - 09/23/15
Well...what a hunt, pics to follow when we return to the states. Final tally: (1) Kudo bull, (1) Zebra dry mare, (1) Gemsbuck bull, (1) Impala ram, and (1) Springbuck ram. All mature representive trophies, no tape measures for me, although Brian states the Gemsbuck is a very good animal for this area. All taken spot and stalk on foot, the Kudo and Gemsbuck in particular left me exhausted and headed to bed early after dinner.

Couple of quick observations: Two Water Safaris is a family operated venture, focused on fair chase, and a quality and challenging hunting experience, there were no gimmees. The food, accomodations, and comraderie have been exceptional. Brian and Cheryl Seady run a qulaity, small, intimate operation. My wife and I highly recommend you try them. We've already booked for next May cool

Charlie
Posted By: BMD Re: Feeling good - 09/24/15
Looking forward to pics!0
Posted By: ghost Re: Feeling good - 09/24/15
Was you Kudu an East Cape one, or the Southern one. Ones the grey one and the other tends to more brown and horns more straight up, though spiraled.
Posted By: chas05 Re: Feeling good - 09/27/15
Cape Kudo, brownish skin, still very hard to spot in the scrub cool The buggers remind me of whitetails...the one I took allowed us to walk by and have a smoke, if the tracker hadn't looked back, he'd of snuck out behind us without never knowing...
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Feeling good - 09/28/15
Have a great time, and post pics.
Posted By: chas05 Re: Feeling good - 10/02/15
Wife and I returned to Eugene last night, haven't sorted through all the pics yet, but...

Safari Company: Two Waters Safari
PH: Brian Seady
Area: Eastern Cape-Karoo
Rifles: Brno 30-06, Sako 243 w/suppressor (provided by Brian)
Ammo: Barnes 168gr TTSX, Barnes 80 gr. TTSX

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: chas05 Re: Feeling good - 10/02/15
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]