Home
Hello all, wondering about a cartridge conversion from 375 H&H to .22 RF or something smaller anyway. Thank you. Patrick
375 ammo is much easier to find.
I think that he's referring to European style sub-caliber inserts.
It could be handy to pot a few francolin and Guinea. wink
You might try working up a load of the 200gr bullets over Trail Boss for a subsonic plinking load that wouldn't do a lot of damage to small game.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/17658

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/27384
It would also be far more accurate than a sub-caliber insert would be.
Great info guys, thank you. I saw a chamber insert for a 45-70 that fired .22 lr, great cheaper practice for the Sharps so I thought maybe someone made one for some of the heavier cartridges. But I like the idea of reduced loads, brass won't wear out so fast and you still get the handling of the proper shell. Thank you all. Patrick aka Executioner www.grashornsgunworks.com
You don't want to have anything to do with .22 rimfire ammo in South Africa. It's not a well accepted form of ammo. Permits are complicated enough for a resident to get a rifle in .22

It's strongly considered a Poachers weapon and frowned upon by the police. I would think it would totally bugger your permit process if you were going to attempt to being in .22 ammo with a cartridge conversion shell. It's also going to be a bit more difficult to find anyone with .22 ammo once you get there, and you will not buy it without showing a permit.
Ane I suspect the cartridge conversion shell will shoot to a different elevation zero of several inches or more.
There are a couple adapter maker's out there. Here is a fellow who can probably make one for you
www.mcace.com
I've got quite a few insert/adapters. They won't make for precision long range stuff, but they are fun and help with working on steadiness and trigger pull. They are often accurate enough for close range small game.
Bfly
Have 200 gr bullets loaded for general practice and trigger time. Thanks all for your help. Patrick
© 24hourcampfire