Home
Can you tell me about your hunt and how you liked the place? Thanks.
I did last August and had a great time. Tons of game plus photo ops of other wildlife you may not want to shoot. Food, service, accommodations etc are first rate. PH, trackers, staff all competent, friendly and polite.
In short, no complaints whatsoever.
sph--thanks for the info, good to hear this. What kind of temperatures were you seeing in August?
Really cool (40's-50's) early morning but warmed up quickly when the sun rose. Probably 90'ish during the day but almost no humidity.
Wow, I thought it was hot when I hunted in RSA in 2016, it was 38 degrees in the morning and then got up to 72 degrees by 9:30 AM, I hunted over Memorial Day weekend into June. Is it cooler in June-July? Thanks.
I hunted there in August, 2010. Great staff which made every effort to make sure I was successful and happy. Quite a few very large kudu. Temperatures as described above.
The sun there is extremely bright during the day. So be prepared if you burn easily.
Due to the low humidity, it's not uncomfortable.
I do burn easy, also have some skin cancer issues. I don't like hunting when it's hot, I was hoping if I went in their winter it would be cooler. Thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by Sako76
Wow, I thought it was hot when I hunted in RSA in 2016, it was 38 degrees in the morning and then got up to 72 degrees by 9:30 AM, I hunted over Memorial Day weekend into June. Is it cooler in June-July? Thanks.

June and July is their winter. Think of it as hunting here in December and January.
Yes. Click on link for my hunt report.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/5591093112
I hunted elephant in the Zambezi Valley once in October. Over 120 degrees. I was almost in trouble a few times. Not fun. Tons of jumbo, but no fun.
RAC--great report, I liked everything in the report except the snakes!
RAC's report is excellent. Yes, there a many very fine kudu there.

I, too, was fortunate enough to have Besa as a tracker. Truly amazing what he can do. We had a blown stalk on a very large eland and commenced to tracking. We came to a small area so full of tracks that it looked like Times Square for the critters. Besa studied the tracks for a few minutes, put out his hands as if they were divining rods, then led us in the direction of what proved to be the same large eland we had seen. Amazing.

Besa is also quite a character, with a Puckish sense of humor.

I was there in late August, 2010, and there were a few snakes out. My PH said they were out a bit earlier than usual, due to the warmer-than-normal temps. Never saw one in camp, though. It wasn't an issue while hunting as Besa, of course, led the way, and would signal when there was a mamba in a clump of growth....we would simply walk around it. Only happened a few times and I felt quite safe with Besa leading the way.
© 24hourcampfire