Home
Posted By: TRACT_Optics 8 months and counting... - 08/07/17
When I booked my second trip back over to RSA I thought to myself, "Plenty of time to get ready and practice". Not a big worry or bother. Now that I've been waiting 6 months with 8 more to go...I'm getting antsy. Just received my taxidermy from my first trip and that got me thinking even more...

Time passes at a snails pace when waiting for the hunt sometimes, but when you're there, it flies by in the blink of an eye.

I guess this thread is directed at the hunters whom have their first trip booked. Enjoy your preparation phase, as it hold so much of the fun of the hunt. But, above all, soak up every second you're in the dark continent because you'll dream of the day you return the second wheels leave the ground on your flight home.

A quote which rings true to me:

"The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.”

- Richard Mullin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGRaider Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/07/17
Fantastic, and I certainly understand the allure of Africa. What a special place! Where are you headed, and with who?
Posted By: hatari Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/08/17
"The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.”

- Richard Mullin

So true, so true. Whatcha got planned?
Posted By: Zengela Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/08/17
When I was a work whore-slave to my job!! I was so busy that I didn't even sight in my 375 for a Namibian safari. Super busy!! Well, it took more than a box of shells to get her spot on. Time was ticking, gotta get hunting, shoulder pounded in 45 minutes. At least the termite mound got a thumping. Now that I think back, safari was my saving grace. No man should ever be that stressed out and busy.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Fantastic, and I certainly understand the allure of Africa. What a special place! Where are you headed, and with who?

Heading back to Limpopo to help finish out my PG list. My father will be returning with me (again) to keep on living his lifelong dream as well as my brother. My brothers first as he missed last years trip, so it will be a culmination of a dream started when we all went on our first upland trip dreaming of the day we all get to hunt Africa.

Originally Posted by hatari

- Richard Mullin

Hoping to hunt Waterbuck, Gemsbok. blue wildebeest, springbok, and warthog....but, I'll always roll with what Africa sends my way, and what our PH explains "is a big one!" ha!
Originally Posted by Zengela
When I was a work whore-slave to my job!! I was so busy that I didn't even sight in my 375 for a Namibian safari. Super busy!! Well, it took more than a box of shells to get her spot on. Time was ticking, gotta get hunting, shoulder pounded in 45 minutes. At least the termite mound got a thumping. Now that I think back, safari was my saving grace. No man should ever be that stressed out and busy.

So True!
Posted By: hatari Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/08/17
I guess I have a countdown. 50 weeks to Luangwa Valley, Zambia!
Posted By: Bighorn Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/08/17
My next, and probably last, trip to Africa is in the planning stage right now, for July 2018- this one to Mozambique, for Cape Buffalo and Crocodile.This is hunt #4 to Africa.
With a house full of all kinds of mounted critters, African and otherwise, we've run out of room, so the Buff will be a European mount, and the Croc if I get one will be made into one (or two) gun cases.
Posted By: Zengela Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/08/17
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

Heading back to Limpopo to help finish out my PG list. My father will be returning with me (again) to keep on living his lifelong dream as well as my brother. My brothers first as he missed last years trip, so it will be a culmination of a dream started when we all went on our first upland trip dreaming of the day we all get to hunt Africa.

- Richard Mullin

Hoping to hunt Waterbuck, Gemsbok. blue wildebeest, springbok, and warthog....but, I'll always roll with what Africa sends my way, and what our PH explains "is a big one!" ha!

If ya can and want, bring a 12ga pump and 4 boxes of #6. I am Addicted to sand grouse!!
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

- Richard Mullin

Teasers...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/09/17
Just weeks after my return from summer here in north Idaho I head back to Texas then off to Zimbabwe for buffalo and sable and, well, maybe more. Have fun.
Its an addiction for sure
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/10/17
It maybe an addiction but it is loads of fun, fun. fun, and fun.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 8 months and counting... - 08/12/17
Congratulations, and sadly, the clock will remain slooowwwww. smile
© 24hourcampfire