Home
Posted By: EdM For the John Sharp Fans - 08/12/17
I have some cut rate Buffalo hunts available for this year only in Matetsi Unit One in Zimbabwe.
10-day hunts including trophy fee for $15,000
Plus 2% levy on daily rates and 4% levy on trophy fees.
Contact me on [email protected]
John Sharp

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/9421024432
Posted By: dogzapper Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/13/17

John Sharpe looks good and is a known quantity.
Posted By: hatari Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/13/17
In the bush, John Sharpe is the man we all wish we could be.

I endorse him 100%.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/13/17
Having hunted with him twice, in Zimbabwe, I'll hunt with no other. Truly the consummate professional.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/13/17
Damn it...I have been saving for a grizzly hunt and would hate to blow it on a buff hunt instead, but from what I have read John Sharp is THE man to hunt Africa with.

May have to ponder this opportunity.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/13/17
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Damn it...I have been saving for a grizzly hunt and would hate to blow it on a buff hunt instead, but from what I have read John Sharp is THE man to hunt Africa with.

Please feel free to PM me or if you want to talk on the phone. John is truly a fine gentleman and as a client, you are the center of his universe. I know there are many other great PHs out there, but I just don't think one can do better. j
Posted By: T_Inman Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
Thanks Jorge...I have a 5 hour layover in Denver tomorrow so I plan to google-fu my heart out looking up all things buffalo hunting...I still have my heart set on a griz but will think about this opportunity.
Go hunt Cape buffalo T!
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Go hunt Cape buffalo T!

Ken,

John Sharp is calling all the way to NM. Yep, it's you he's after...

You may have to borrow a gun... blush

You owe it to yourself... cool

DF
Got plans for a Cape buffalo hunt in about 3 years,just not with John Sharp. grin
Posted By: hatari Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
Griz can wait. Call John Sharpe and have a life enriching experience.

Unless you're hunting with Phil Shoemaker. Then it's a coin flip. wink
Posted By: FOsteology Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
I'd personally do the griz hunt. Especially if being done spot and stalk and via spike camp. The terrain and elements are tougher, and I'd personally want to scratch that off my bucket list at a younger age because of those circumstances.

Besides, who the heck can get excited walking for days on end in the heat just to simply shoot a fricken cow?! grin

As to the man offering the cape buf hunt.... never heard of him. Is he any good? wink
Posted By: hatari Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Besides, who the heck can get excited walking for days on end in the heat just to simply shoot a fricken cow?! grin

As to the man offering the cape buf hunt.... never heard of him. Is he any good? wink

From you? Yeah, riiiight! wink
Posted By: test1328 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/14/17
Ted, I tend to come down on FOsteology's side. Grizz hunting is for the younger guy, so I would tend to do that first while I was younger and save hunting buff until later. That being said, John Sharp won't be around forever. I don't know how old he is, but at some point he may decide there are better things to do than chase after dangerous game with a client in tow. Just my two cents. I only know Sharp by reputation and I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with him as your PH.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/15/17
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Please feel free to PM me or if you want to talk on the phone. John is truly a fine gentleman and as a client, you are the center of his universe. I know there are many other great PHs out there, but I just don't think one can do better. j

Put me on your PM list as well if you like. I hunted buffalo etc with John Sharp in 2015 and am planning to hunt with him again in 2018 or '19. Spend your money now. Grizzly hunting isn't going to go away, but African huntin, especially DG, is getting more and more difficult to do. Seize the opportunity.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/15/17
Wow, many ringing endorsements for hunting with Mr. Sharp here, maybe I should try it too.
Add my name to the list of encouragers. I've hunted buffalo twice with John (2013 and 2016) and it is a grand time. John's stories and watching Isaac work are worth the price of admission, a buffalo is just gravy.
Posted By: Biebs Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/16/17
"Wow, many ringing endorsements for hunting with Mr. Sharp here, maybe I should try it too." Gunner500

Jerry, wipe the dust off that 577 VC and get going!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/16/17
LOL, I got your old 577 and my 500 Nitro out today with q-tips and some fresh rig grease for the lynch pins, then drug clean oiled bore snakes through the barrels, they're ready. smile
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/16/17
Jerry, feel free to call anytime...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/16/17
Jerry, feel free to call anytime...

Thank You Sir.
Posted By: EdM Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/17/17
I will be heading out with these folks in a month or so. I count on Wade Derby for my booked hunts and he has never let me down. A pile less money than John Sharp and I believe it will be a great 12 day buff/sable/?? hunt.

http://lowveldhunter.com/index.html
Posted By: wageslave Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/17/17
I recommend both.

Sell body fluids....
and/or your body.
Deliver papers.
Borrow against your 401k.
Sell a horse.
Or just smash it on your VISA.
You're single.
Drink cheap beer.

After being to Africa in May,
I would say do it sooner rather than later.
Posted By: baxterb Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/23/17
The first time I went to an SCI show I went out of my way to shake the hands of two PH's. One was Luke Samaras, and the other was John. A true gentleman.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/26/17
I am going to be booking with John in 2019...just trying to nail down the dates.

So don't you all be tying him up the entire season!! wink
For the record, I have not hunted with John yet....but based on ftf and numerous other communications, not to mention all the endorsements, I am quite comfortable making my first DG hunt with him.

Tim
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 08/26/17
Will you be seeing him at one of the conventions?
Will you be seeing him at one of the conventions?

Yes sir.

Trying to snag him for dinner Friday night at DSC and will also bug him at his booth.

He just happens to be next to John Rigby this year...so I may have to apologize when I appear distracted at times!!

My wife and I visited with John at length during DSC 2015. I was hoping to be hunting with him this year, but life conspired to foil that plan.

We are now going to shoot for '19. I'll be ready to snag dates at DSC...checkbook in hand!

Tim
Posted By: muygrande1 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/04/17
FYI, John is penning his first book and last I asked he was trying to have it ready for the DSC. BETTER GET YOUR ORDER(s) in early for the first printing.

I had the pleasure of spending 14 days in the Bubye with John in 2009 and I am way past due for our next chapter.

The consummate PH and gentleman as well. You simply will be happy with your choice. I will answer any questiin you may have about John and the BVC.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/06/17
Well sir....so long as you are offering....

Which area(s) in the BVC did you hunt in 2009 and for which game?

Did you find certain camps/areas excelled for certain animals, and was there any flexibility in moving from area to area as target species changed?

Does John have any pet peeves one should know about? Besides not being safe with the rifle, or being able to shoot well, that is!!

Of course, Jorge or anyone else who has had the pleasure of hunting with John should feel free to chime in as well.

Thanks gents!

Tim
Posted By: muygrande1 Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/07/17
I hunted Fimbiri and Malangana (sp). Animals taken were sable, buffalo, zebra, bush pig, wildebeest, bush buck, waterbuck and impala. Not taken were nyala, kudu, eland and giraffe. Saw leopard and elephant but were not hunted.

Camp at Fimbiri was very nice although John had cooks that he was not comfortable with which was a small problem but did not take away from the enjoyment of the camp.

As noted John has an exceptional tracker he has used for years.HIs hunting equipment is first class.

You will find his company to be enjoyable and highly educational.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/07/17
As MG related, 100% top notch operation. John is a hard ass when it comes to the staff though and it works. I hunted Malangani twice, where I shot what is probably my best trophy, a 59" kudu and most of my PG including a nice blue eland bull. Also hunted Dande North with John when it was owned by Swainson's safari. Today I think the Bubye (which includes the former malangani) is a superb place to hunt. You will not be disappointed. J
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/08/17
Thanks gents.

How is the night critter hunting in the BVC? Small cats and Hyena in particular?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/08/17
Lots of civet cats. Hyenas not as plentiful.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 09/09/17
Lots of civet cats. Hyenas not as plentiful.

I guess the 500 Lions are pretty hard on the Hyena....along with pretty much everything else!
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/20/17
FYI - I found out today why John is going to be near the Rigby booth this year at DSC, vs in the BVC booth.

He is now Rigby's "Gentleman of Adventure-Africa". They wanted him nearby the Rigby booth.

Not sure what that title entails, but any time Rigby says they want you and your name affiliated with their brand...well, that's a big deal in my mind!

Congratulations to John!

Also, he is pushing the printer hard to get "Facing Down Fear" ready for the 2018 shows, but too early to know if it will happen. Stay tuned!

Also picked up the rifle I plan to carry while chasing Buffalo with John in 2019...Boddington Buffalo Ruger No 1 in 450-400 Nitro Express. I have it packed along with 4 different handloads in case it is slow in the office tomorrow (and not raining) and I can sneak off to Pearland to bust a few caps.

These next 21 months are going to take forever!
Posted By: EdM Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/20/17
You will have a great trip no doubt. I just returned from Matetse with Lowveld Hunters (Jannee Meyer's, recently deceased, and son Steven outfit) and had a great 12 days.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/20/17
Thanks for the update, Tarbe. Yeah, John's been working with Rigby for a couple of years now. As you probably know, he has a very nice 1920's vintage 470. You will have a great time
Posted By: saddlering Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/20/17
Was my Dream hunt but health troubles ended that! hope some you can go and post on here so guys like me can sort of live it!
Posted By: DocRocket Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/21/17
Originally Posted by Tarbe
FYI - I found out today why John is going to be near the Rigby booth this year at DSC, vs in the BVC booth.

He is now Rigby's "Gentleman of Adventure-Africa". They wanted him nearby the Rigby booth.

Not sure what that title entails, but any time Rigby says they want you and your name affiliated with their brand...well, that's a big deal in my mind!

Congratulations to John!

Also, he is pushing the printer hard to get "Facing Down Fear" ready for the 2018 shows, but too early to know if it will happen. Stay tuned!

I'm sure his well-used and somewhat famous double rifle has something to do with it! It's a beautiful old gun, and John has been a more than worthy owner.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/21/17
EdM - that is quite a nice Buffalo!

Is there a hunt report somewhere that a guy can get details?

Regarding John's Rigby DR, he says he goes into the rifle and how he came to own it, in his book. Looking forward to the read.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/21/17
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I'm sure his well-used and somewhat famous double rifle has something to do with it! It's a beautiful old gun, and John has been a more than worthy owner.

No doubt!

I am looking forward to many things regarding this trip, and putting my hands on that rifle is one of them (assuming he will let me touch it!!).
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/26/17
Thanks for the update, Tarbe. Yeah, John's been working with Rigby for a couple of years now. As you probably know, he has a very nice 1920's vintage 470. You will have a great time

I knew I had the picture somewhere..

[Linked Image]
That photo looks familiar...
There are a lot of folks excited about this book, rightly so.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/26/17
I got it from John
I got it from John

Good Morning Jorge,

I took that photo on my brother in law's hunt with John in 2013. John, my brother in law and I all traded photos before we parted ways. John must have cleaned/greened the photo up a bit because the one you posted is brighter than the one I posted on my report on April 29, 2013. In that thread, someone asked me to tell them about the double rifle and before I could come up with an elaborate story, you ID'd it as being John's.

I had so much fun tagging along, that I had to go hunt my own buffalo with John last year.

Have a good weekend.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the John Sharp Fans - 10/27/17
Howdy. That's a GREAT buffalo, congratulations AND a great photo. Hope he puts it in his book.
© 24hourcampfire