Home
I have a safari to SA booked for August of this year. Already seeing car rental companies, etc. cutting ties with NRA members.
Any ideas on how all of this flak will affect travelling with firearms? I really hate the thought of having to use my PH's rifles for my hunt, but it may become a reality. Not so concerned with South Africa Airlines or United, but one leg of my flight is with Delta.
My hope is all this will have died down in a few months.

Any thoughts?
All they have done is withdrawn "discounts", they can't refuse service.
They can refuse carriage of firearms or do like BA did and just raise the price to where its cost prohibitive to carry your gun.
I hope all the gun owners on here are NRA members....
Wes is correct. Remember Peoples Airline? They refused to carry firearms.
I am going to try to boycott any business that has shunned the NRA. No NRA member has ever committed a mass killing.
I already booked my tickets with Delta this year and leaving in the not too distant future for SA. I will post here if I have any problems. Next year I will look at other options for flights.
Didn't I hear recently that Delta is starting to charge a checked bag fee on international flights?
Understandable about your flights but you could change Rental cars etc. ALL Gun Owners MUST take a stand!!! Once confirmed reservations are change they may have second thoughts.
Actually a good business opportunity - start businesses that cater to firearm owners and conservatives. Auto rental, YouTube services, credit card/banking services, advertising/marketing, etc. There are enough of us to make these profitable.
I found this today. Georgia vows to block new tax breaks after airline cuts ties with NRA http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...threatened-georgia-over-jet-fuel-tax-cut
Originally Posted by TrophyGameSafaris
I already booked my tickets with Delta this year and leaving in the not too distant future for SA. I will post here if I have any problems. Next year I will look at other options for flights.

When do you depart? I am leaving on May 11th. I am not in panic mode over this but staying abreast if there are any developing situations between now and then.
© 24hourcampfire