Home
Posted By: grayfox Africa trip - 05/19/18
Just returned from 8 day safari with Crusader Safaries,, In south africa This was the trip of a lifetime.. I highly recommend Crusader Safaries,, The owner Andrew Pringle and our PH Rad Robertson are fantastic.. My son and I took 12 trophy animals.. Everything was perfect,, food,, accomodations,, vehicles, camp staff, I used Steve Turner Travel with Guns,, and RiflePermits.com to book the trip and take care of gun permits..Both are highly recommended.. No problems... I will be back
Posted By: dale06 Re: Africa trip - 05/19/18
Great to hear you had a good time.
You know, you can’t go just once.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Africa trip - 05/20/18
Excellent grayfox. I've heard great things about Crusader, and I can echo your comments on Steve Turner. Congrats on a great trip. Now get busy and post up some pics for us!
Posted By: KMGHuntingSafaris Re: Africa trip - 05/20/18
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Excellent grayfox. I've heard great things about Crusader, and I can echo your comments on Steve Turner. Congrats on a great trip. Now get busy and post up some pics for us!

Agreed.Let's see some pics.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Africa trip - 05/20/18
I've heard a lot of great things about Crusaders, half million acres of free roaming (no fence) animals. Did you book thru Dunns Sporting? Thanks.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Africa trip - 05/22/18
Congrats on the trip! Hunted with Crusader last year and had a fantastic time. Would not hesitate to recommend them.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Africa trip - 05/22/18
Problem with African Safaris is that you're not even done with the 1st one & you're planning the 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th. It's a serious affliction. There is no cure. I'm headed back over this August. Glad you had a good trip. Plains game is a fun hunt. Bob
Posted By: EdM Re: Africa trip - 05/22/18
Yep. Zimbabwe last year, Namibia this year and Burkina Faso next year. Mozambique is next I suspect.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Africa trip - 05/23/18
Too true! Headed to Zim in August.
Posted By: CRS Re: Africa trip - 05/23/18
Namibia in 2016, 2nd trip in in less than a month to Zambia. Would like to experience Mozambique and even SA hunting on future trips.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
Those who went, how did you like Namibia?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Been to Namibia five times..that ought to answer the question! No comparison to RSA, Namibia is THE place!
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
I would also go to Namibia again before S.A!!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
Originally Posted by ingwe

Been to Namibia five times..that ought to answer the question! No comparison to RSA, Namibia is THE place!

Right on Tom. Glad to see you made it home OK .
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
Grayfox,
No write up and no pics...? Never happened!

Only through copious amounts of stories and tons of photos can the veracity be determined.

smile
Posted By: grayfox Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18
Added Pics in Image gallery

Danka! That's what I thought I'd hear. I'd like to set up a trip.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Africa trip - 05/25/18

Danka! That's what I thought I'd hear. I'd like to set up a trip.

OSU, do your research, but I can save you a ton of time..........go straight to Kowas Safaris and you'll have the hunt of a lifetime, be treated like family, enjoy fantastic food, etc. I talked to them at DSC like I always do, and they now have a near 80% return hunter rate. That speaks volumes.
You told me about them at DSC but I didn't have time to go talk to them. Let's get together at next year's DSC and walk down there to visit. I'm really interested in going.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Africa trip - 05/26/18
We'll do that for sure. Now don't forget! (Actually don't let me forget)
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Africa trip - 05/26/18
That's pressure...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Africa trip - 05/26/18
If Johnny says Kowa Safarirs is GTG I'd just quit looking!

Though FWIW Namibia has MUCH higher standards for PHs than RSA and Ive never honestly heard a bad thing about any of them...
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Africa trip - 05/26/18
That's good to know, on both parts. Thanks.
Posted By: skeen Re: Africa trip - 05/27/18
Originally Posted by grayfox
Added Pics in Image gallery

Nice pics. Congrats, grayfox, on a successful hunt.
Posted By: postoak Re: Africa trip - 05/29/18
Back to Crusader Safaris, their website says they have four hunting lodges: Baviaansriver, Stormberg Mountains, Umkomaas Valley, and Balule. Did you hunt all four of these?
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Africa trip - 05/30/18
Not grayfox, but I hunted Balule for cape buffalo and relocated to Umkomaas for plains game. About a 10-11 hour drive. Its another long drive to Bavarians, maybe another 7-8 hours, but not exactly sure. Umkomaas is great for Nyala and Greater Kudu. Beautiful country and no high fences. Was there in March so still lots of cover. Saw a lot of really nice Nyala, One of the days saw 14 bulls in one meadow at the same time.
Posted By: grayfox Re: Africa trip - 05/30/18
We were only in one camp the Baviaans rver camp, All the species of game we wanted to hunt were in that area
© 24hourcampfire