Home
Anyone know a good agent to handle this process? Thanks
Coppersmiths. I have used them 4 times. Excellent each time.
African (Freight agent) or USA (Customs Broker) end?
USA - customs broker end. Someone to talk to shipper in Africa and handle all the process to get to US and through customs. Thanks
Ryan Choate at Brownstone International, he is doing my heads as we speak.
I was happy working with John Meehan with Fauna and Flora out of NYC.
I'll second Coppersmith.

I've used them to deal with my trophies from Africa, New Zealand and Argentina.

Seamless.
Originally Posted by BrandonGleason
I was happy working with John Meehan with Fauna and Flora out of NYC.

+1. Have used them several times and will use them again. Easy to deal with.
I’m going to use D&L out of Chicago for my latest shipment.
I have used the Coppersmith office in Dallas area for four shipments and haven't had a problem yet.
I used coppersmith in Chicago, three times. Flawless service.
Coppersmith hands down I have used them for I'm sure close to hundred times with mine and clients shipments.
They do a great job from start to finish.
Another vote for Coppersmith. They are clearing my June 2018 Africa shipment right now. Seattle then to my door as no USDA inspection required.
One more for Coppersmith
Originally Posted by 10generation
USA - customs broker end. Someone to talk to shipper in Africa and handle all the process to get to US and through customs. Thanks

You have to do some leg work (you will have to do some work with the shipper) - Coppersmith. You want to do nothing, except write the check - Safari Specialty Importers.
I've used Well Worldwide in Houston

http://well-usa.com/

and Coppersmith in Dallas. Both were seemless and easy.
Coppersmith in Atlanta gets and A+
Fauna and Flora was a PIA for me and another guy. Meanwhile, the third guy in out party went via Coppersmiths and he had most of his stuff mounted before ours even arrived.
I have used Coppersmith on two occasions with no complaints. I tried contacting another firm reputedly endorsed by Craig. B. and didn't receive a reply e-mail. Don't know what happened. The outfit was from African Hunting Gazette of which I have a magazine subscription. I'll go with Coppersmith for this coming August trip to Namibia.
I have used both Coppersmith and Flora and Fauna in the past, no major complaints.
For this year's shipment of hides and horns, etc., I am using Gallagher Transport, in Denver, for my customs broker. They are close both to DIA and to the tannery I will be using. Have had to do a fair amount of communication both with them and with the shipper in Johannesburg, but guess this is just par for the course.
Safari Specialty Importers. Great outfit, they handle everything.
Originally Posted by Heeler
I’m going to use D&L out of Chicago for my latest shipment.

Top notch and can't be beat in the Chicago area
Copper smith is frat t, but I clear my own if you areindallas I will go with you and walk you through it take about an hour to clear
Originally Posted by CharlesL
I have used the Coppersmith office in Dallas area for four shipments and haven't had a problem yet.

If you ever want to learn how to do it yourself it takes about an hour and I would go with you and you can save some $$$
© 24hourcampfire