Home
Posted By: ribka Namibia - 02/05/19
Can someone recommend a good outfitter in Namibia ?

Looking to do a few plains game and bringing a non hunter if not too late August of this year

If possible like to do some bird hunting..Fair Chase Large area

Thanks

Posted By: RipSnort Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
Hunters Namibia Safaris. For 37 years, HNS has been at the forefront of Namibian fair-chase, highest quality plains game hunting. And, yes, your wife will have a fantastic time. Check out their website: huntersnamibia.com

RS
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
Kowas Hunting Safaris is a no brainer for a Namibia hunt. They have an 80% return hunter rate, which speaks volumes for their service and hunting. You won't meet finer people anywhere. You better check with them pronto though, as they stay full. I've been there 4 times now, and will return. Here's a summary of one of my hunts in case you're interested.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8868980/1
Posted By: Gillettehunter Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
I'm sure you'll get a number of recommendations.. Kowas is well known and has a huge area to hunt. There are plenty of others. Here is what I would suggest. Go over to africahunting.com and to accuratereloading.com. Join both and spend a little time just reading hunt reports for Namibia. You will see several reports for the good operators. You'll get to see some trophy pics and find out some about the PH's.
Bruce
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
http://www.duiker.iway.na/
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
I asked this question years ago and was told www.frontiersafaris.com is top notch. Never been but seemed liked highly here.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
Barry Burchell, owner of Frontier Safaris, has been sued numerous times. I'd scratch him off the list.
Wow good to know!!!
ALWAYS do a google search smile
Posted By: GRF Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
Check out Byseewah great operation
Posted By: EdM Re: Namibia - 02/05/19
We had a great trip with Shona Safaris last year. We, wife and I, hunted, fished, toured the Namibian Desert on an archaeological trip. Wild 16000 acre property with no fences with elephant, leopard, lion and cheetah passing through. The toughest hunt, of three, I have done in Africa.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Namibia - 02/06/19
Check out Jamy Traut Safaris.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Namibia - 02/06/19
I can vouch for Kowas and Jamey Traut. Englebrecht Safaris is also very good
Posted By: ribka Re: Namibia - 02/06/19
Thanks for suggestions

The surf fishing looks like fun way to spend a day
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Namibia - 02/06/19
Check out Trophy Trackings, I hunted with Danie several years ago. We still keep in touch. He hunts in two different parts of the country on family owned properties. He can do a nice mix of hunting, fishing and sightseeing.
Bfly
Posted By: EdM Re: Namibia - 02/07/19
This essentially the trip we took.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/6581086942
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: Namibia - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by ribka

Looking to do a few plains game and bringing a non hunter if not too late August of this year

Thanks

Dirk De Bod (Safaris Namibia). I did a three week leopard/PG hunt with him in 2012. Got the leopard on the first hunting day. One of the best!. He was SCI PH of the year in 2008. A true gentleman with a first class operation in every respect.
Posted By: Boise Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by ribka

Thanks

I've hunted Nambia 3 times. I selected the farm I wished to hunt by first listing out what I wanted to collect and then looking at all the NAPHA listings. I called before hand and spoke with the top three candidates, yep calls to Namibia are expensive. Make a good list of questions before you call. But it became very clear who I wished to hunt with after speaking with the PH. My PH is now retired.

Don't get caught up in the size of the farm. I hunted a relatively small farm of 12,000 acres but he had hunting rights on an additional 135,000 acres.

So go here:
http://www.napha-namibia.com/home/
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by Boise

Danie Straus, owner of Kowas, was the president of that organization for several years.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
Makadi Safari's were very good and can do custom tours to Etosha, Watersberg Plateau, Skeleton Coast or Caprivi after the hunt. https://www.makadi-safaris.com/

Jack & Ellen OConner hunted with them a couple of times. That was a good enough reference for me but check anyway. Dieter usually goes to a couple of the Safari Club annual events: Dallas & Las Vegas and some others so you may be able to speak to him personally. They have several Rances and concessions so should be able to work you in.
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
+1 on Dirk De Bod, My girlfriend and I went there in 2009, for plains game, and took 11 animals together. First rate operation... Great guy!!!

Question for the OP, were you able to get the Cheetah Skin/Skull back to the States? I shot one when I was there, but could not get an export license... Have things changed?

All the Best, Paul
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
Sorry, that Cheetah question was meant for EdM, thanks
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Namibia - 02/11/19
No Cheetah Export to the U.S.A.
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Namibia - 02/12/19
I didn't think so... Thanks
Posted By: Jess Re: Namibia - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Kowas Hunting Safaris is a no brainer for a Namibia hunt. They have an 80% return hunter rate, which speaks volumes for their service and hunting. You won't meet finer people anywhere. You better check with them pronto though, as they stay full. I've been there 4 times now, and will return. Here's a summary of one of my hunts in case you're interested.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8868980/1

+1 on Kowas, hunted with them twice and made one referral who came back with good stories to tell.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Namibia - 02/12/19
Kowas....look no further! I can arrange contact if you wish.
Posted By: Terry Blauwkamp Re: Namibia - 03/06/19
I'm with JGRaider and Biebs, ... Kowas is my first choice.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Namibia - 03/06/19
Hello Terry, hope all is well with you and the wife. For benefit of all the 24HCF crowd, Terry is the guy who allowed me to accompany him and is wife Joanne to Kowas for my first trip back in 2012 because there was a narrow window in which I could go that year, and Kowas was almost entrely booked as they always are. I spent a week there with them. Terry is a very, very experienced hunter and a veteran African hunter of over 25 years IIRC. He rec'd Kowas to me way back then, I went, and he was dead on correct with his advice, and I returned several times since. They were a real pleasure to spend a week with, hunting Africa.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Namibia - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Hunters Namibia Safaris. For 37 years, HNS has been at the forefront of Namibian fair-chase, highest quality plains game hunting. And, yes, your wife will have a fantastic time. Check out their website: huntersnamibia.com

RS

Yes. My wife and I hunted with HNS in 2015 and she and Marina still keep in touch on Facebook. It was a wonderful experience and your wife will not be disappointed.
donsm70
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer Re: Namibia - 03/21/19
Kowas has been good to us. They are fair chase, which I can't say for the hunt I did with another group in Limpopo, and they hunt a large concession.
Posted By: Fjold Re: Namibia - 04/10/19
I leave in 9 days to hunt with https://www.kalaharihuntingsafaris.net/hunting-packages.html They have some great package deals.

I'm bringing a first time Africa hunter for a 6 day hunt on 250,000 acres of low fence free range hunting for Kudu, Gemsbok and Springbok (Trophy and non trophy, 10 animals) and as many jackals, baboons, and varmints that we want.
Posted By: Cascade Re: Namibia - 04/11/19
Originally Posted by Fjold
I leave in 9 days to hunt with https://www.kalaharihuntingsafaris.net/hunting-packages.html They have some great package deals.

I'm bringing a first time Africa hunter for a 6 day hunt on 250,000 acres of low fence free range hunting for Kudu, Gemsbok and Springbok (Trophy and non trophy, 10 animals) and as many jackals, baboons, and varmints that we want.

That seems like it will be a great hunt! Enjoy!

Looking forward to your hunt report.

Guy
Posted By: EdM Re: Namibia - 04/11/19
As I believe I mentioned earlier, Showna Safaris has a fenceless property that had elephant, leopard and lion passing through. I suspect most others in Namibia don't. I had a great trip there and managed a spot and stalk cheetah with zero trophy fee. He will make you work your azz every day, trust me on this. I have hunted, and will again in NE BC in 2020, and the trip with Showna was every bit as difficult.
© 24hourcampfire