Home
Posted By: JGRaider More of John Sharp - 02/08/19
Just read through Tarbe's thread about John Sharp and his new book, Facing Down Fear. I just left our new mega gun store/indoor shooting range and lo and behold there stood the legend himself, John Sharp. I must have visited with him for an hour. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and a legendary, certifiable badasss. He will be selling his book in the store tomorrow from 10-2pm so I'll run back over there and pick up a copy or two.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: More of John Sharp - 02/08/19
Pretty neat. I feel lucky to have hunted with him..
Posted By: FOsteology Re: More of John Sharp - 02/08/19
John vacations here in Texas during the off season. If memory serves correctly, he has a small place East of Houston.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: More of John Sharp - 02/08/19
Didn't know that. Of all the people I expected to see at this new mega store, it wasn't him. Really enjoyed the visit.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: More of John Sharp - 02/08/19
Just texted him and linked him here.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: More of John Sharp - 02/09/19
If you're here John, thanks for writing the book. It was great. Rusty
Posted By: Tarbe Re: More of John Sharp - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Pretty neat. I feel lucky to have hunted with him..

Absolutely.

And I feel blessed to be booked with him in August, and to have had the chance over the past three years to develop a friendship with him.

The great news is, I know he has hunts booked already for 2020....so you guys who know you want to hunt with John - get busy making a plan!

Tim
Posted By: Tarbe Re: More of John Sharp - 07/01/21
Well, here is it...2021, and John is still getting it done!

Two gents known to me have already had successful hunts with John this year (Leopard and Cape Buffalo) and he is starting another Buffalo hunt tomorrow.

And I want to go back to hunt with John in the BVC so bad, I can taste it.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: More of John Sharp - 07/01/21
Where are these hunts?

I heard on NPR yesterday, 06/30/21, that Zim is closed to all non-commercial travel due to the Wuhan Flu.
Posted By: saddlering Re: More of John Sharp - 07/01/21
Tell John to start on his second book!
Posted By: muygrande1 Re: More of John Sharp - 07/02/21
Just back from the Bubye. John is definitely very much still on top of his game. Our leopard did manage to elude us for fourteen glorious days but certainly not for lack of effort on our part. Leopard we were after just simply smarter than those hunting him, at least this time.

I just wanted to say that John and I discussed the making of his great book and I brought two for him to sign that I had bought from Tarbe two years ago. At this time John seems to be fairly satisfied that his writing days may well be behind him. However, as those of us who have had the pleasure of sharing Safari with John-and Isaac know when a challenge arises John is a friend you can never count out. My guess and hope is that a sequel will follow but probably a few Safaris in the future.
© 24hourcampfire