Home
Posted By: C_ROY Stock Design - 04/17/19
Guys for those of you that have shot the big guns awhile please chime in with your experiences to my inquiry here: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ber/13746236/gonew/1/stock-design#UNREAD

Thanks
Posted By: GRF Re: Stock Design - 04/18/19
C Roy; I am one of the folks who loves the "weatherby style" monte carlo stock. A great article by our very own mule deer from several years ago went into great detail on why certain stocks work for certain body types. See if you can get him to chime in.

I have and have had monte carlo stocks in cartridges from .243, .25-06, .270, 7-08, .280 AI, .325 WSM and .375 H&H (which I assume qualifies as a big gun) and find that I feel recall less and can get back on target for a repeat shot faster than straight comb stocks. My brother who has quite a different build than I do claims the meanest rifle he has ever shot was my .25-06 weatherby ultra-light, claimed it was far worse than his .300 RUM, with a straight combed stock.

Again see if you can get John to chime in or find his article, it make perfect sense to me. Please note my personal bias I am a Barsness fan boy.

All he best.

GRF
© 24hourcampfire