Home
Posted By: Bighorn Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 11/24/19
Here are two of the Tiny Ten antelopes I took in the southern Cape of SA, finally back from the taxidermist. Hides emerged from tanning in great shape, thanks to the great care my PH took of them immediately after the kills.
Klipspringer is on its tiptoes, properly. My favorite of all I hunted, due to the difficult terrain they are found in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: vapodog Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 11/24/19
I have a very fine full body mount of an eastern cape duiker.....I'll see if I can retrieve a photo
Posted By: alibi Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 11/25/19
I’d definitely like to hear more about hunting these animals. Anyone have any good write ups or links they care to share?
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 11/25/19
alibi,

Here's a link to an article by Craig Boddington, in Hunt Forever- good summary of the animals, how to hunt them, etc.

https://huntforever.org/2017/04/28/tactics-for-the-tiny-ten/
I have a tasteful way that I mounted mine. If someone will PM me, I'll email you my full body klippy and my shoulder mounts to post. My taxidermist really liked my shoulder mount display and is stealing the idea. (previous taxidermist retired)
Posted By: alibi Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 11/26/19
Thank you for the link sir!
Posted By: Biebs Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 12/10/19
I did a full-body mount on the little Suni I took in Mozambique.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Tiny Ten antelope mounts - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by kscowboy01
I have a tasteful way that I mounted mine. If someone will PM me, I'll email you my full body klippy and my shoulder mounts to post. My taxidermist really liked my shoulder mount display and is stealing the idea. (previous taxidermist retired)

Would love to see these, but I'm not proficient in posting pics.
© 24hourcampfire