Home
Posted By: jorgeI BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/16/20
Well, not counting yours truly. Had a GREAT TIME at DSC. Jim Shockey and his wife are just marvelous folks. If you are even considering going to Africa, DSC is a MUST!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/16/20
Missed getting to meet you at DSC. Hopefully next year we can meet.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/16/20
great photo!
Posted By: Tarbe Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/17/20
Jorge - it was great seeing you, Zeke and your ladies at the show!

Tim
Posted By: EdM Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/17/20
Once again, my son and I had a great time.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/19/20
Thanks, Tim. Likewise. We were on a short time line and the fact we had to stay at the Hyatt made for a much shorter convention .
Posted By: dale06 Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/26/20
Nice pic.
Been to DSC several times.
It is a great event and I hope to go again.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/26/20
Jorge, you still win the prize for most beautiful wife!

She's real beauty! Classy lady.

You can tell her I said so! smile
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/27/20
Don't you worry, I will pass! smile
Posted By: hatari Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/29/20
Got love all that mini hardware on your tux!
Posted By: efw Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/29/20
Very very cool Jorge glad you guys had a good time.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/29/20
We always manage to have a great time at DSC. Pretty much a "special time" for my wife and I and we've met some really interesting people through the years. This was last year and below the year before that.

Posted By: hatari Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/29/20
Yeager!

Crusty old goat is still with us. Dude will be 97 in 2 weeks.

The "Real Deal" describes him better than "the Right Stuff". As a mere kid, he was Ace in a Day, got shot down and escaped back to England. Then somehow got back to active duty flying over Europe which was a no-no if you escaped. that was all before he became our most successful test pilot, sound barrier breaker and flat spin survivior from 100,000 ft. Jeez. Dude has 16 lb bowling balls behind his zipper.

I've talked with him, and let me tell you he fixes a hard gaze and sizes you up right quick like. If you don't measure up, he'll just abruptly grunt and move along.

I recall some years ago he was giving Jorge his inter-service air of superiority (in a fun way). Said something like 'Navy flier, huh? Hrummpf!" Jorge smiled and asked 'How many night traps you have, General?" Yeager paused and smiled "Well, I got a few...". Big buddies after that. Maybe Jorge will correct the record on that encounter.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/30/20
Hatari's account is correct. My buddy Zeke (also a Navy Flier and former carrier CO) we both giving the good General a ration when he got uppity on us. The trap issue always shuts them down smile This was back in 07 or so when he was still pretty peppy. He was not at DSC this year unfortunately.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/30/20
I always thought you were taller Jorge.......lol. J/k of course, sounds like you all had a good time and met some cool people!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/30/20
Good lord, glad I saw this thread, or else I'd show up looking like that guy in the flannel shirt, didn't think I'd have to wear a suite to go see about killing some animals.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/30/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good lord, glad I saw this thread, or else I'd show up looking like that guy in the flannel shirt, didn't think I'd have to wear a suite to go see about killing some animals.

Awww gunner... You'd look good in a tux with medals...

DF
Posted By: gunner500 Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/30/20
LOL DF, never got Medals, only drew green ; ]
Posted By: Pugs Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I always thought you were taller Jorge.......lol. J/k of course, sounds like you all had a good time and met some cool people!

Our buddy Zeke that is next to him is maybe 6'4" so he makes us all look a little smaller. grin When Zeke and I flew together on our first tour his left knee covered all the hydraulic gauges from my view on the right side of the cockpit. Told him if I heard grinding noises I'd ask him if it was OK.
Posted By: EdM Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20
Jerry,

Jeans and a flannel works shirt for me.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by Pugs

Our buddy Zeke that is next to him is maybe 6'4" so he makes us all look a little smaller. grin When Zeke and I flew together on our first tour his left knee covered all the hydraulic gauges from my view on the right side of the cockpit. Told him if I heard grinding noises I'd ask him if it was OK.

6' 5 1/2"... and I was leaning over. I am a "towering 5' 10"...just saying smile

As to the monkey suit Gunner, that's just for the fancy eatin' table dinner Sat night smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by EdM
Jerry,

Jeans and a flannel works shirt for me.

10-4, Thanks EdM and Jorge.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20

That will definitely make most people look small. I've got a buddy that is probably 6' 5" that use to fly F-16's and C-17's, currently flies for FedEx now. I always wondered how tall guys were able to fly fighters with the cockpit being so tight on most jets.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by jorgeI

6' 5 1/2"... and I was leaning over. I am a "towering 5' 10"...just saying smile

As to the monkey suit Gunner, that's just for the fancy eatin' table dinner Sat night smile

I think you guys looked great.

DF
Posted By: hatari Re: BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AT DSC - 02/01/20

Oh hell! LMAO! I want to hear more at Birdfest.

For the record, Zeke is a stork.
© 24hourcampfire