Home
Posted By: executioner Permits for Lion and Rhino - 01/17/20
Hello Folks, are there any permits needed on our end for Lion and Rhino, or are the permits (cites) that the PH is preparing all that is needed, I realize Lion is prohibited right now and the Rhino is supposed to be importable as it comes from SA. Your imput is appreciated. Thank you Patrick
Posted By: M3taco Re: Permits for Lion and Rhino - 01/17/20
I believe you can import both into the US. However, you need a CITES export permit from the country your bringing them out of AND a CITES import permit from the USF&W. I believe US CITES import permits are not "guaranteed" just because you can get a CITES export permit from the other country. The US CITES import permits for these two spies are looked at on a case by case basis.

It's always best to call or email the USF&S directly, give them specifics (species and country of origin) and ask BEFORE you commit and you MAY need to get USF&W to pre-approve the import before you go.
I have called UFS run around phone no,s many times, Finally got to a person on the phone and she gave me a number and extension. I have left 4 messages for a return call, after 2 weeks nothing. Any info would be appreciated.Thank you Patrick
© 24hourcampfire