Home
Posted By: WyoJoe Handgun Hunting - 03/16/20
Does Zimbabwe allow handgun hunting? Maybe somewhere else.
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Handgun Hunting - 03/16/20
I don't know but if you don't get any answers here you might try Accuratereloading.com. They are much more Africa oriented.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Handgun Hunting - 03/16/20
They used to. I think they still do. That's where most of the pistoleros went.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Handgun Hunting - 03/16/20
Handguns are allowed for hunting on private land and communal/tribal land but not on
government concessions. A special permit is necessary from the general director of the
Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority (ZPWMA).
The cost for a handgun permit is $1,500.
For a handgun permit, your safari operator will need to submit an application on your behalf at
least two (2) months ahead of your safari.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/03/20
Sounds like a fun trip with handguns.
Posted By: M3taco Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/03/20
I believe RSA still allows handguns. I believe it used to be minimums were 44Mag, 45LC, 460 and 500 S&W. Think the max DG species was Cape Buff and below.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by M3taco
I believe RSA still allows handguns. I believe it used to be....... 45LC, 460 and 500 S&W.

Aint a thang wrong with that.
Posted By: Kudu1 Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/04/20
I took a Rem. XP-100 in 260 Rem. to South Africa two years ago with out any issues , had a ball with it spring buck , impala , wort hog , water buck , baboons . All taken with Barnes 120 gr. T/S .
Posted By: Whitworth1 Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/14/20
It is my understanding that you can only use a handgun in Zim on private concessions. Quite a bit of hoop jumping to make it happen. RSA on the other hand allows handguns to be used.
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Handgun Hunting - 04/14/20
On Communal or Tribal Areas Handgun hunting is allowed.
On Private Land Handgun hunting may be allowed.
In National Parks Safari Areas Handgun hunting is not allowed though handguns are allowed as a back up.

There are also Minimum requirements for small Plains Game and Large Plains Game.
© 24hourcampfire