Home
The State Department has raised its travel advisory to level 4 worldwide which is “do not travel.” Good luck to those of us with hunts scheduled at least in the near term. With this advisory how likely is it that airlines will maintain their schedules even if you want to ignore that advice. I guess we’ll see.
I have my tickets bought for June15th. I was told not to cancel anything until I am a month out. I’m glad I bought the insurance !!
I have tickets to France in July. My insurance will only pay if either the US and/or France and closed by WHO. (world health organization)

Originally Posted by ggarcia85
I have my tickets bought for June15th. I was told not to cancel anything until I am a month out. I’m glad I bought the insurance !!

I have tickets to Germany in June w/insurance and insurance looks like it is going to be worthless. May want to check with the airline.
Namibia June 5th. I also bought the insurance. We'll see.....

I have been to Namibia and had great hunts. However, I wouldn’t be very excited to be stuck there either in quarantine or recovering from an illness. Don’t let the cost of airline tickets control your decision. Besides you may have significant issues with return flights.

Health is the first wealth. You can get more airline tickets later.
Originally Posted by RinB

I have been to Namibia and had great hunts. However, I wouldn’t be very excited to be stuck there either in quarantine or recovering from an illness. Don’t let the cost of airline tickets control your decision. Besides you may have significant issues with return flights.

Health is the first wealth. You can get more airline tickets later.

Spot on.
airline tickets cost vs your life. Or getting hung somewhere for a month extra...
Originally Posted by rost495
airline tickets cost vs your life.

No economy in that!

I've postponed my SA safari in May until next year.
The below is copied and pasted from our DOT website. It indicates that if your airline cancels its flight you are entitled to a refund rather than a voucher. I would much prefer a refund because who knows for sure what the situation will be in the future. Unsurprisingly, airlines may be playing games about this. An article in USA Today shows that United is definitely doing so. My taxes are already contributing to the airline bailout, so I am not eager to contribute further.

”If your flight is cancelled and you choose to cancel your trip as a result, you are entitled to a refund for the unused transportation – even for non-refundable tickets. You are also entitled to a refund for any bag fee that you paid, and any extras you may have purchased, such as a seat assignment.”
Agree that health is the issue vs cost of a couple plane tickets.
But there may be some lessons on the value or lack of in trip insurance.
We are scheduled for August for Namibia. Glad to know we can get our Airfare back. We got round trip from Maryland for $1579.00
I would rather just reschedule it.
Originally Posted by dale06
Agree that health is the issue vs cost of a couple plane tickets.
But there may be some lessons on the value or lack of in trip insurance.

And the “fine print” in the insurance policy.
I hope those that have purchased the travel insurance are covered.
Reading the fine print in mine, it only pay if either the US or destination country is quarantined by the WHO
My wife and I are supposed to go to Argentina in early Sept with Hatari and wife for a combo wine and bird hunting trip and in late Sept Joe R (Roof) and I are supposed to go to Alberta for our annual duck/goose trip.

I'm not even bothering to look for plane tickets as I think 50/50 if these go off.
I am booked for a BC combo hunt 8/31 - 9/17 that I am holding off on tickets for.
© 24hourcampfire