Home
Posted By: wabigoon How was your day? - 06/18/20
A lovely day in Iowa, not much accomplished by me. My lovely bride of 52 years had her 74'th birthday today, and like fine wine she only get better with age.
Enough about me.

Your day?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Wonderful day, met up with my son to golf.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Got over an inch of rain here over night. Still trying to dry off.
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Fantastic! It rained all day, over 1 1/4" in the last 36 hrs. which we sorely needed.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Most excellent day here.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Watching 4H horse practice.

Got the AC working in the one ton.

Got a sixer of Bud tall boys.

Everything is swell.
Posted By: hookeye Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Yesterday was better. Kid had a hot nurse.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20

Great day

Good cool weather

A couple of friends came over and we shot 400 and 600yds at steel. After that we caught a bunch of fish and then ate some hamburgers.
Posted By: RayF Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Pretty good.

Continued break-in of my 300WM and started on load workup after work. Came home to chicken curry over glass noodles. Got puppy belly now!
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Working, took a break to order a new bolt action, did some chores, and just finished making some steak and grilled veggies for dinner. Happy birthday to yours.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
I like threads like this.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20

Met a hillbilly that's soooo glad to find work. No drivers licence. no car,no phone,missed the first day, no call.

When will I learn ??
Posted By: marktheshark Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Happy Birthday to your wife! Worked digging utility line trenches in the new subdivision we're working. After work sighted in a new to me Marlin 782 22 mag and mounted and sighted a new leupold on my Savage 340 222. After that put 6 mags through one of the Sig P365s.
Posted By: EdM Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Up early as usual. First day of sun and warmer in at least a week. We headed to the lake for a four mile walk then walked the town and headed to a small Italian restaurant for lunch. We split a caprese salad and an appetizer of eggplant Parmesan. It was good. A bit of grocery shopping then back up the mountain. I am about to join my dear wife on the porch for cocktails. Hard to beat really.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: SamOlson Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Okay, this was yesterday

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: jimy Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Sweet !
Posted By: lvmiker Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Great day w/ my best friend shooting steel. Too tired to provide details but will do so tomorrow. It is unusually cool here.

mike r
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Was pretty nice at 5:30 this morning but it got into the 90's and windy too fast. Only worked a half day per doctor's orders so went shopping in the afternoon. Found a pound each of IMR 4166 and Leverevolution to play with in the 22/250 and 223 respectively. Also found a brick of CCI large pistol primers and a brick of Federal 209A shotshell primers for $20 each.

The last stop turned up a 6x Bushnell Banner for my old single shot 22 LR.

Then to the trap range for league night. Shot a 74/75 which really helped pick up the 20/25 I shot last week. A similar day next week and I'll get the average closer to 23.5.

Got home and found a message from the car shop regarding the daily commuter- the mechanic can "fix" the problem for $100. The fix involves a trip to the junkyard as the timing belt broke and took out the valves. $1400 to repair a 2000 Honda Civic is too much. Now, need to find a newer, decent truck to replace the Honda and the 2002 Yukon. Gotta see what $20,000 can get me.

Even with the cars, it's been a decent day.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Every day on the right side of the dirt is a good day!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Started setting fence posts for a garden on a job, moved a bunch of dirt from back to front at home. Hauled two dump truck loads of black soil home for planting beds. Nice productive day. Supposed to get hot starting tomorrow.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: How was your day? - 06/18/20
Got a call around 7:30 this AM from the New Mexico Dept of Agriculture.
The weights and measures (scale) guy was in the area, and wanted to test my cattle scales.
Kinda tore up my schedule - threw a quick charge on the electronic scale head, and met him out at the ranch.
He tested that scale, and another - about 6 miles away - and passed them both.
The whole time we were moving weights on and off the truck - the wind was sustained 30 - 40 mph - with gusts up from there.
Brutal. By the time I got back home, I felt that I'd taken a beating. Ears even hurt from the rattling hearing aids!
Dry son-of-a-gun. they put out a fire, east of us ~ 30 miles - very near 23,000 acres.

Glad most had a better day!
© 24hourcampfire