Home
https://www.ajc.com/news/pelosi-ord...its-from-capitol/n9yZQHnHllBp3vkD3JmyRI/

WASHINGTON —
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she is ordering the removal from the Capitol of portraits honoring four previous House speakers who served in the Confederacy.

In a letter to the House clerk, Pelosi directed the immediate removal of portraits depicting the former speakers: Robert Hunter of Virginia, James Orr of South Carolina and Howell Cobb and Charles Crisp, both of Georgia. The portraits were to be removed later Thursday.Calling the halls of Congress “the very heart of our democracy,″ Pelosi said, “There is no room in the hallowed halls of Congress or in any place of honor for memorializing men who embody the violent bigotry and grotesque racism of the Confederacy.″

Pelosi noted that Friday is Juneteenth, honoring the day in 1865 when many African Americans learned of the end of slavery after the Civil War. She called Juneteenth “a beautiful and proud celebration of freedom for African Americans” and noted that this year’s celebration comes "during a moment of extraordinary national anguish, as we grieve for the hundreds of Black Americans killed by racial injustice and police brutality, including George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and so many others.”Orr, who served as speaker from 1857-59, swore on the House floor to “preserve and perpetuate” slavery in order to “enjoy our property in peace, quiet and security,” Pelosi said in her letter. Hunter, who served at nearly every level of the Confederacy, including as Confederate secretary of state, served as speaker from 1839-41.Cobb served as speaker from 1849-51, while Crisp served after the Civil War, from 1891-95.Earlier this month, Pelosi urged the removal of Confederate statues from the Capitol and the renaming of U.S. military bases that honor Confederate Army officers.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., speaks during her weekly news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, June 18, 2020.

Casey Burgat, director of a legislative affairs program at George Washington University, said Pelosi's action was a clear response to the Black Lives Matters movement and protests regarding racial injustice. Removal of the portraits "is one of the few immediate and unilateral actions she can take to illustrate her stance that former Confederates do not deserve to be memorialized within the halls of Congress,'' Burgat said.In the Senate, Democrat Cory Booker of New Jersey, one of three black senators, unsuccessfully pressed for immediate passage of a bill to remove statues of Confederate notables such as Jefferson Davis of Mississippi, president of the Confederate States of America, from display in the Capitol.“The continued presence of these statues in the halls is an affront to African Americans and the ideals of our nation,” Booker said.The chairman of the Senate Rules Committee, Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said he is open to holding a hearing on the bill, but he opposed immediate action because it would upend a process set in law governing the display of state-sponsored statues in the Capitol.Blunt, a member of the GOP leadership team, said he is heartened by states such as Arkansas that are replacing Confederate statues on their own.
You could tell her that the Capitol belongs to the people. And that the portraits were part of bringing people together after a war. But you might as well be talking to a wall.
Nan, GFY.
And every one of the portraits was of a Democrat. Imagine that.
This is the sort of things that make me tolerate blacks less and less. Sooner or later another civil war is going.to happen. I'm locked and.loaded. Almost all my friends and family are also. They need to stop this sort of nonsense or its going to happen sooner than later.
Those in the Kremlin graveyard are smiling up from #ell.
Lawsey, Miss Nancy, dat sho nuff gwinna make us ole Darkies feel good
Why don't we have Obama removed from the list of presidents. He gave a bad name to all the other half-black homo crackheads
Originally Posted by Texczech
This is the sort of things that make me tolerate blacks less and less. Sooner or later another civil war is going.to happen. I'm locked and.loaded. Almost all my friends and family are also. They need to stop this sort of nonsense or its going to happen sooner than later.

I’m with ya. This crap is starting to get old. Reminds me of the joke that went around during the 1964 election. What’s the shiniest thing in the world? A negroes azz, washed in Goldwater and shined with Johnson’s Wax.
Time for Pelosi to be removed! She’s a brain dead, drug & alcohol addled Libertard Commie Traitorous POS.
She needs to be charged with Treason for an attempted coup on a sitting POTUS. And various other crimes against the American people and the USA.

Time to charged, arrested, prosecuted, convicted, and hanged by the neck until she can no longer committ crimes against America. 😡
I never heard that before James. Its hilarious! I am Texas proud but am ashamed of Johnson. He is like a boil on your right butt cheek, he's dead and gone but we're still dealing with his stupid decisions.
I dont want her prosecuted I want to see her executed.
And I ask it again.

What does this solve?
Nothing is ever good enough for them and by her own words it follows that removing presidents off of our money is coming. When they’re all done nothing about this land will look like our country. Washington will be removed from the dollar bill and replaced with MLK or Malcom X.

They have to prosecute before they can execute.
Originally Posted by montanabadger

Two movies come to mind when I think about politicans is "Magnum Force" and "The Star Chamber".
It's what is needed.
Violent bigotry and grotesque racism???

Wow hope she doesn’t read up on Sherman’s take on Black folks.

Or Sheridan’s, as well as the other 99% of the entire US Army officer’s corps feelings for the Native Americans.

Pick and choose, pick and choose my oh my!
If the Republicans had any guts, the next Republican speaker should order the removal of the portraits of all Democrat speakers.
My question is this: are all former speakers of the house memorialized with portraits in the halls of the capital or only certain ones?
Just wait till they rename military bases like they have been saying.
Buncha PC political driven bullschitt.

4 cops and a boot lipped groid started.........
All on vid for the fugging world to see......

JFC.......
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
And I ask it again.

What does this solve?

Racism of course. It has finally been fixed.
What authority gives her the right to do that? It seems at the very least the house membership should have to vote on it.
.You southern gentlemen sure are patient people.
Originally Posted by montanabadger

Not necessarily. Evil should not benefit from due process.
Originally Posted by kroo88
.You southern gentlemen sure are patient people.

And how many of you good northern soldiers died on the battlefield so the boon could become your spoils of war?

g
I agree with the statements of becoming less tolerant of the sorry ass part of the black race which from top to bottom are truly making racism much worse.many smart and intelligent blacks are appalled and just as disgusted as most of us..i know I for one am prepared and ready for any trash or scum that comes to my private property to bring there insanity.antifa black or white.

TAKE America BACK !
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Or Sheridan’s, as well as the other 99% of the entire US Army officer’s corps feelings for the Native Americans.

The head he-coon, Ole Honest Abe himself, didn't think much of the Negroes either. Had he not been shot, it is very possible that he would have tried to send them back to Africa.

Damn you John Wilkes Booth!!!!!
Wow...James Orr’s pic removed. Now I really hate Pelosi. All my family in upstate SC fought under his command. Orr’s 1st South Carolina Rifle’s, aka: Orr’s Rifles.

This is getting ridiculous .
I never heard that before James. Its hilarious! I am Texas proud but am ashamed of Johnson. He is like a boil on your right butt cheek, he's dead and gone but we're still dealing with his stupid decisions.

LBJ was flying over Cajun country in his chopper, and saw a boat with 2 White men in it, pulling a Black guy behind it. LBJ ordered the chopper to land, and the boat was flagged over, whereby LBJ complimented the White men on their being so nice to the Black fellow. After he left, one of the Cajuns asked the other who that man was, the other answered and said he didn't know, but the man sure didn't know a damn thing about alligator hunting.

LBJ was the butt of a lot of jokes, mostly deserved.
Originally Posted by jwall

TAKE America BACK !

What is the size of the divide between ideologies in the US, fifty/fifty? More to the right, or left?

Open conflict could get very, very ugly, splitting Amercia worse than the civil war.
This is the sort of things that make me tolerate blacks less and less.

Umm, what color is Pelosi? The thing you and everyone else with a brain needs to be tolerating less and less is white commies. They are using any blacks that will allow themselves to be used and "racism" to tear the system down so they can rebuild it to suit themselves.

Simple math says that there are not enough black people in the country to make that happen by themselves.

Originally Posted by RJY66
This is the sort of things that make me tolerate blacks less and less.

Umm, what color is Pelosi? The thing you and everyone else with a brain needs to be tolerating less and less is white commies. They are using any blacks that will allow themselves to be used and "racism" to tear the system down so they can rebuild it to suit themselves.

Agreed, it is not the Negroes that are dangerous, as they don't have the smarts or the finances to cause a lot of problems by themselves. It is the Whites that want to destroy this country, and make sure that Trump doesn't win a second term.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

The head he-coon, Ole Honest Abe himself, didn't think much of the Negroes either. Had he not been shot, it is very possible that he would have tried to send them back to Africa.

Lincoln sent ten thousand back to Africa before he was shot.. he did the best he could at the time..

Got to wonder why the Union Army's honored "heroes" portraits, statues and memorials are ignored by the BLM and BLM supporters even though after the Civil War many went on to plan and participate in the conquering, subjugation and murder of the Native American peoples, destroying their heritage and theft of their lands and it's riches. To me that sure is telling that for the North the Civil War was much more about politics, power and money than human rights.

She is a real tool.
Wonder how those former rebels got elected to speaker of the house by their colleagues? Did all the virtuous Yankee reps of the day pull an Obama and vote "present" ?

Seems the country was less divided shortly after spending four years slaughtering each other than it is now.
If all this schit was so offensive, why wasn't it removed long ago? It's all BS.
They should take hers down while they are at it.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Touché
Originally Posted by RicG
If all this schit was so offensive, why wasn't it removed long ago? It's all BS.

Reconciliation. Lincoln didn’t want to push the South into insurgency by treating them like a conquered enemy.
You would think there would be antiquity laws that would protect them.
Originally Posted by baldhunter
You would think there would be antiquity laws that would protect them.

Technically there probably is. If someone with some guts decided to pursue it.
Perfect!

Hand the election to Trump, lose the house, stock the senate with more conservatives and the portraits can be replaced while she's drunk and crying.

The perfect storm.........
What gives Piglosi the unilateral authority to manage the capitol building and property? Im betting she has no such authority. Can't wait for her next drunken antic.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
And I ask it again.

What does this solve?

A lack of entitled white San Francisco votes for Pelosi and it's ilk?
Nansh, there is no Republic while your narrow plastic ass is holding the Speaker's gavel.
They yanked the trained division of Boo,s at the battle of the crater at Petersburg at the last minute out of fear of outrage of them going into a slaughter in the northern press.
Sent in 2 or 3 white divisions IIRC that were untrained to advoid the crater and secure the flanks of the confederate line that got blown the fugg up.
The boo division was trained for the mission......
Ready to do its job.
And the white follow up divisions were to follow to exploit the penetration.

It all got reversed.
All divisions went into the crater too include the Boo division last.
Packed azzholes and elbows together.

And then Mahone came up with CSA reinforcements and slaughtered the schit outta the union forces....
Shooting point blank into the crater.
Rolling lit fuse cannon balls into it.
Dropping Coehorn motar rounds into it.
Thowing rifles with bayonets attatched into it.

Maybe if they let the Boo division do its job.
The civil war might have been shortened and the Petersburg seige might not have lasted so long.

Hindsight aint foresight.....
Now or back then...

PC schitt for Da Boo was happening back then....
Just saying...
Tribes and armies have razed to the ground cities, removing statues and relics, gold and silver, but more importantly, their libraries that held a history of who the conquered people were, and what they have accomplished.

Today, the liberal horde is doing it with Congress. Social Justice Warriors and local governments.

One day denying the history ever happened, may be the intention.

😎
Tell her to go to hell.
So, the 4 portraits she removed and the one of Gen Lee were all Ds. An attempt to remove her party's history.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Tell her to go to hell.

I think that's what HEs going to say.
© 24hourcampfire