Home
Posted By: Gus we're all one race now, eh wabi? - 06/19/20
will the asians agree?

what about the siberians?

and how about the indians?

what if they don't, what wabi?
I'm not agreeing to just one race. Some aren't many branches out of the trees. Good to see you anyway Gus.
Good ol' Gus, still asking questions impossible to answer.
Originally Posted by Texczech
I'm not agreeing to just one race. Some aren't many branches out of the trees. Good to see you anyway Gus.

Truth.
Originally Posted by Gus
will the asians agree?

what about the siberians?

and how about the indians?

what if they don't, what wabi?

Not a chance.
Originally Posted by Gus
we're all one race now, eh wabi?

Not a hope in fucking hell.

Most aren't even of the same species.
Welcome back, Gus!
i didn't think of the one-race thingy. i heard it on tv and simply passed it on for further review.

haven't heard from the asians or several others quite yet.

might not even hear from them at all.

some of the ancient alien theorists thinks there's several species/races/varieties.. etc. etc.

i don't know myself. but the question is does anyone know for sure?

what about antelope sniper? he's an evolutionist, yes?
Will the Irish agree? Not unless there's a pint in it. Go March-teenth!
i've allus believed the best beer came from the brewer's living in the bottom of the barrel, not the top.

on the other hand the best distillations came from pure corn, and not horse feed and molasses.

the irish are an agreeable lot. they own the ny city pd right, well and the e-talians.

when st. patrick arrived from his beginning in north africa, he hated snakes.
Originally Posted by Gus
...the irish are an agreeable lot.

Some are, and then there are the Orangemen. Never mind, seems like we already have a religious war thread going on this forum. wink
Anybody listen to Dennis Prager? I couldn't find the exact clip, but his take is there are only 2 races. The decent and indecent...
Race is a social construct........unless the crushing White Western patriarchal racial oppression of Aunt Jemima/Uncle Ben's/Mrs. Butterworth/Eskimo Pies is being debated.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Race is a social construct........unless the crushing White Western patriarchal racial oppression of Aunt Jemima/Uncle Ben's/Mrs. Butterworth/Eskimo Pies is being debated.

No it isn't.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No it isn't.

Heretic!!!

No it isn't.

Heretic!!!

That would be the least of my faults.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good ol' Gus, still asking questions impossible to answer.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I dont get it.
Be clever and make something of it. Hopefully amusing in a tongue in cheek sort of way.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dont get it.

Neither does he.
Could be Irish.
According to God's Word we are all of the same race. There are "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues."
Guys pay thousands to millions for well-bred horses, that can run fast or cut cattle, etc.. People pay thousands for certain dog “breeds” (and the behavioral characteristics that come with those breeds) that have only been developed in the last 200-300 years.

Then, you ask some of these same folks about people of different “races”, who have had THOUSANDS of years to develop/breed certain behaviors/IQ, and you get some BS about how “People are all the same, except for their looks/skin color!”

Think about it....
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Guys pay thousands to millions for well-bred horses, that can run fast or cut cattle, etc.. People pay thousands for certain dog “breeds” (and the behavioral characteristics that come with those breeds) that have only been developed in the last 200-300 years.

Then, you ask some of these same folks about people of different “races”, who have had THOUSANDS of years to develop/breed certain behaviors/IQ, and you get some BS about how “People are all the same, except for their looks/skin color!”

Think about it....

Simple enough, people think they are above nature.

And halfwits like ringy-thingy don't help either.

Think about it....

I’m just approaching it from a “scientific” standpoint. If you believe “natural selection” or genetics mean something, then you’d have to think that different groups of people, who lived in relative isolation for thousands of years (until the advent of motorized transportation) just MIGHT have different behavioral characteristics or intelligence levels or other traits.

Saying “all people are the same” is almost ss silly as saying “a Pointer is the same as a Dalmation”...

I’m just approaching it from a “scientific” standpoint. If you believe “natural selection” or genetics mean something, then you’d have to think that different groups of people, who lived in relative isolation for thousands of years (until the advent of motorized transportation) just MIGHT have different behavioral characteristics or intelligence levels or other traits.

Saying “all people are the same” is almost ss silly as saying “a Pointer is the same as a Dalmation”...

You will get no argument from me...for what you are saying is self evident to any that have lived on the land.

Pretty hard to refute.

Think about it....

You're a little late to the game with that "scientific" mumbo jumbo. Adolph Hitler already used it to found a political movement that had world wide implications. And was pretty soundly rejected.
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Think about it....

You're a little late in the game with that "scientific" mumbo jumbo. Adolph Hitler already used it to found a political movement that had world wide implications. And was pretty soundly rejected.

Thanks, Mr. Godwin....
Huh? The philosopher apologia for anarchy?

Hitler and the superiority of the Aryan race actually did happen. I would quote Santayana but I fear that would be a waste.

Or for those having trouble comprehending without an entertaining video...

Is a Doberman better than a Pointer?? Depends on what you want. Are they “different”?? Most would say “yes”. Jesse Owens showed Der Fuhrer, in 1936, that the Germans weren’t necessarily “superior”.

Do you want a conversation about “superior”, or “different”? You seem to want to insinuate that it has to be the same thing...
Is a Doberman better than a Pointer?? Depends on what you want. Are they “different”?? Most would say “yes”. Jesse Owens showed Der Fuhrer, in 1936, that the Germans weren’t necessarily “superior”.

Do you want a conversation about “superior”, or “different”? You seem to want to insinuate that it has to be the same thing...

Wasting your time...!

Wasting your time...!

Yep. Everybody says “We need to talk about race!”.
Then, when you don’t parrot their views, it’s all “You’re a racist Hitler!!!” Wonder why folks don’t wanna “Talk about race...”???

That's how it's worked out for all of human history.We-uns is better than you-uns. You will serve us or we'll kill you. And we're not talking about physical attributes.

Maybe another video will help. Recorded 1930. Santayana strikes again.

Originally Posted by nighthawk

That's how it's worked out for all of human history.We-uns is better than you-uns. You will serve us or we'll kill you. And we're not talking about physical attributes.

Maybe another video will help. Recorded 1930. Santayana strikes again.

You wanna discuss history, science, or philosophy?? They’re not all the same thing. Send your DNA to “23 and Me”, and see if they tell you your genetic material is the same as a Pacific Islander...
Of the three I suppose philosophy. Philosophy gets down to meaning , the essence, on an existential level. In the course of human relations what is the significance of race. Or if you change the word in interpreting the song, "...what is the worth of a man." Is it merely the value of labor that can be extracted from a person? A perhaps genetic difference. Or does it include the nonphysical aspect of a person, recognized by the ancient Greeks and a basis of Western thought through current times. And so if you reduce a person to his genetic components are you dismissing that which contributes more to his humanity than his physical traits, reducing him to no more than yet another beast of burden?
Perhaps so. It seems to me, though, that in the last couple of decades, we’ve gone from celebrating/appreciating/“tolerating” everyone’s “differences” (equality), to somehow “lying” to ourselves, and telling everyone we’re all the “same”. One is a form of enlightenment, while the latter borders on intellectual dishonesty.
© 24hourcampfire