Home
Posted By: Hubert Chemo - 06/21/20
Has anyone here had to do oral Chemo. I had to start taking pills yesterday for my cancer problem. The CTC said that was my next option as my cancer is starting to spread from my prostate cancer. I feel fine no pains or anything else from my problem.. anyone else had to do the pill chemo treatment . I am still taking the hormne shots any advice you may have for me would be appreciated….. Thanks...
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Wishing you the best, Ole Boy.

I’ll be interested to hear what others have to say.

Take care.
Might want to modify your thread title to

Chemo.

Might get more responses.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Thanks
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
No first hand advice, but two uncle's fought the big "C" and outlasted the Doctors predictions of 6 mos and made it 8 years. Stay positive and fight like hell!!
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
My best friend's dad. a Vietnam Vet, ha taken the oral chemo for his leukemia. It worked out great for him.He told me that he is now cancer free and going to live long and spend most of his time fishing!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
was suppose to get my prostrate checked out because my PSA is high, haven't done it yet. my dad is dealing with prostrate cancer.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
I'm sorry you have to go through this Hubert. I have no advice for you I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers for kicking cancers ass are with you.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
No first hand advice, but two uncle's fought the big "C" and outlasted the Doctors predictions of 6 mos and made it 8 years. Stay positive and fight like hell!!

My last living Uncle was given 9 months 11 years ago with prostate cancer. Still with us, still active at a young 93.

Says he does miss the ladies though.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
was suppose to get my prostrate checked out because my PSA is high, haven't done it yet. my dad is dealing with prostrate cancer.

Go to the doctor.
Posted By: Bclark Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Go to the doctor.

Yes. Don’t wait. Once it gets out of the prostate it is harder to confine.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Hang in there Hubert, you’re one of the good guys here 😎
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Hubert,

I might be able to suggest someone who can answer your questions. She is a VERY good doctor who has covered that issue a number of times in her classes.
She has been doing Q&A and teaching health which includes cancer prevention and education for many years. Although I am not a physician, I've taken hundreds of her classes, and have a bookshelf on the topics concerning cancer. Perhaps I can suggest one.
Feel free to PM me for details. I'm working tomorrow so I will likely get back after dark right after dinner.

To your health Hubert!

Happy camper
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Here's hoping the oral chemo is "easier" than the IV chemo.
"The Warden" had 2 separate bouts- - the last, they infused her for 4 straight days at a time, 24 hours a day.
She was one sick puppy !!!!
Prayers go out from here.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
I hate to hear of anyone with cancer
Wouldn't wish it on the worst person alive.
At least they've made vast improvements
since it took my dad nearly 50 years ago.

It's pure evil in disease form
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Best of luck with it Hubert.

All I can say is I feel lucky chemo wasn't necessary for me, they got the kidney stuff early enough it seems.

Hang tough.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by Hubert
Has anyone here had to do oral Chemo. I had to start taking pills yesterday for my cancer problem. The CTC said that was my next option as my cancer is starting to spread from my prostate cancer. I feel fine no pains or anything else from my problem.. anyone else had to do the pill chemo treatment . I am still taking the hormne shots any advice you may have for me would be appreciated….. Thanks...

Wife is on 3rd year of oral chemo; 2 years to go. So far, so good. Get your blood labs done as scheduled. Depending on which one you’re on, it can be hell on the liver, hence the monthly labs to check liver function. As far as side effects go, it’s nothing like IV infused chemotherapy. No hair loss, some tiredness, slight weight gain, and rarely upset stomach. She takes it at night so the tiredness held her sleep. She also goes to bed about an hour earlier than she usually did with an occasional nap.

You got this, Hubert. We’re damn grateful these life saving meds are available. There weren’t many options not so long ago. There are many more on the way which will give 2nd, 3rd, and 4th courses if needed. Godspeed.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Kemo - 06/21/20

Medical doctor. The one you get from a hooker in Tijuana don't count!
Posted By: Dre Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Sorry bud.
I just moved my mom in. She has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and it’s hard watching someone so strong fade away.
My best friends dad, beat prostate cancer. He Also took lots of CBD oil pills.
I wish you the best.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
No first hand knowledge of the oral chemo but I have had intravenous chemo and I take a weekly chemo injection. The injections aren't too bad but I am having some side effects today (Nausea and fatigue). I have heard the oral chemo meds aren't too bad to tolerate.

Stay strong and fight the cancer hard. Prayers on the way for a successful outcome for you.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Kemo - 06/21/20

Please go to the doctor soon. Don't let cancer slip in and gain a toehold.

All the best to your dad and Prayers on the way.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Kemo - 06/21/20
Oh my? Not good news my friend. Stick with what your doctor advises.
Posted By: hanco Re: Kemo - 06/21/20

If it’s high, the first thing that will happen is a prostate biopsy. Please go to MDAnderson if there is one close to you. They are the best. I go to Dr John Popodoulus if you wanted to come to Houston. He is a prostate Dr.
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Kemo - 06/21/20

Go get it looked at. It's very treatable if you get on it early and you'll have more treatment options. I ended up having my prostate removed and it hasn't really effected my life much at all.
Some good advice here for all of us.
© 24hourcampfire