Home
Posted By: wabigoon curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I see he has not posted since October 19. Anyone know about him?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I figured we'd see him in some of the recent topics.

Hope Gene's doing okay.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I always seemed to find myself pretty much agreeing with him.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Texted him a while back. Said doing ok. Getting old.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I guess he ran away to the safe space known as Facebook.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
He was very unhappy about folks being able to go in on other people’s post and making changes as a few chickenscchhitts here did it to Gene and to others.

I miss the Ole Boy. Wished he’d come back so we could cross swords some more !!
Grins
Posted By: stxhunter Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
doing fine.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
doing fine.

Glad to hear that, Roger.
Posted By: krp Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yep doing good and being ornery.

I agree that when you take the time to select your words carefully, then someone takes a half sentence and quotes/changes it replying 'fixed'...

well [bleep]'m chitbird...

Kent
Not that it's a quite obvious yoke on the poster nor hides the original posters statement.
Originally Posted by krp

I agree that when you take the time to select your words carefully, then someone takes a half sentence and quotes/changes it replying 'fixed'...

Kent

The person changing his and others didn’t add ‘fixed’.
Nefarious bastards.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That is irritating.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

The person changing his and others didn’t add ‘fixed’.
Nefarious bastards.

Often true, problem with changing it and even adding fixed, it's quoted under their name and if someone didn't see the original it is credited to the OP.

I don't care how funny you think you are write your own post.

Kent
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I had not thought of Curdog in a while, but now that you mention it, he has been AWOL. I always found him to be somewhat atribilious, but he was far from the worst here.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Good riddance.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
When people cherry pick something or change something you post

It's usually a sign they are out of ammo in their magazine or are losing in a discussion or have been bested and cant stand it.

The next fall back after those options have been used is the classic english nazi post.

Then you know for sure you are living rent free.....

I always thought CD4570 was blunt and to the point in his post.
Which aint a bad thing at all.
Nothing anymore different than many of us on here.

He mighta got tired of people quoting him selectively.
Honestly IMO he shoulda took em as victories that he was in whoevers head big time.....

JMO........
Posted By: jackmountain Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I'm sexually attracted to Flave, there, I said it.

Fixed for ya jimbo
Posted By: RIO7 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20

CURDOG, Is my friend, and I am damn proud to say so,makes little difference to me what, some of you ASSS HOLS < say or do, he is still my friend, don't like that? then KISS MY ASSS. Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7

CURDOG, Is my friend, and I am damn proud to say so,makes little difference to me what, some of you ASSS HOLS < say or do, he is still my friend, don't like that? then KISS MY ASSS. Rio7

In your best Corky voice
Posted By: deflave Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
curdog and I disagreed on some things from time to time but he was still a nice person and always invited me to go hunting with him.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Curdog rocks, he’s the genuine article.

I really appreciated his offer of help if I needed it on my bike trip last summer.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Good riddance. I loved him but he shunned me.

Fixt it for you.

I love the taste of Curdog's taint.

This is a fun game.

I love the taste of Curdog's taint.

This is a fun game.

That’s what we’re talking about here.

Glad you like it.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
I for one miss his posts. Hasbeen

Fixt it for you.

Gene knew one when he saw one.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Fixt it for you.

Gene knew one when he saw one.

And called it so for what it was.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Why does a simple question have to turn into a nasty thread?
Originally Posted by wabigoon

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Happy Fathers Day, Wabi.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

LOL!!!!

Because the posters suffering from that dreaded disease, the tiny Peter syndrome, think they can feel “big”, if you catch my drift, by commenting negatively.

Amen.
He is fine in my book, a few years ago he was ready to pick on old windmill from me to haul to a friend that lost his in a hurricane.
He is fine in my book, a few years ago he was ready to pick on old windmill from me to haul to a friend that lost his in a hurricane.

You could get a good price for that windmill here. The Mennonites love them.
Posted By: CCCC Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Thanks for inquiring - thanks for replies - glad to know that he is doing fine. I miss seeing him here and enjoyed it a bunch when he participated in our SW gatherings. Gene is the real deal.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Amen.

Amen?

I've asked RIO7 if I could hunt his land a bunch of times and he has always said no.

Curdog is level headed and doesn't let petty disagreements interfere with common sense.
RIO is a pretty smart fellow.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20

I remember that that's when he brought down the 338 rum I bought from him.
Guys, Curdog just texted me hes pretty busy after his wifes surgery.

He didnt ask or indicate a need but I would that ask the Fire believers might mention them in their prayers.

Prolly wouldnt hurt a few unbelievers to say a prayer or two also. It doesnt even cost a thing and no one else would have to know.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Prayer sent for him and his wife.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
He was anti-Trump which didn’t equate to longevity here.

I wish nothing but the best for him and his wife.
Of course I'll pray for them both.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He was anti-Trump which didn’t equate to longevity here.

I wish nothing but the best for him and his wife.

He was very anti-Trump.

He didnt ask or indicate a need but I would that ask the Fire believers might mention them in their prayers.

Prolly wouldnt hurt a few unbelievers to say a prayer or two also. It doesnt even cost a thing and no one else would have to know.

This makes no sense. LOL
I'm pro Trump have been from the beginning of his candidacy, Gene is anti Trump, we still call each other friend, he will argue his point and listen to your's and at the end still respect each other. I'm from the west born of westerners, I don't think one way or another whether you're a Yankee or a southerner, I don't care about whatever feuds are still brewing after 150 years means nothing to me, my ancestors were settling the west. I think sometimes that's what it comes down to, personalities and Trump being New York rubs some wrong.

He's a reasonable man, good grandfather, has faith in God, outdoorsman and willing to lend a hand.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
I'm pro Trump have been from the beginning of his candidacy, Gene is anti Trump, we still call each other friend, he will argue his point and listen to your's and at the end still respect each other. I'm from the west born of westerners, I don't think one way or another whether you're a Yankee or a southerner, I don't care about whatever feuds are still brewing after 150 years means nothing to me, my ancestors were settling the west. I think sometimes that's what it comes down to, personalities and Trump being New York rubs some wrong.

He's a reasonable man, good grandfather, has faith in God, outdoorsman and willing to lend a hand.

Kent

I do take issue with those that do not support Trump.
Sure... on that issue, he's not a liberal or supporter and not going to dislike you for supporting Trump, debate him all you want.

Kent
Posted By: NH K9 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20

How, and to whom, would an unbeliever pray?
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I'm sexually attracted to Flave, there, I said it.

Fixed for ya jimbo

Ha! Youse Jackwagon!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by krp
Sure... on that issue, he's not a liberal or supporter and not going to dislike you for supporting Trump, debate him all you want.

Kent

He certainly was open minded when discussing LE. He would never insult someones family or call them a liar.

Nor would he dispute your right to wear your hat where and how you wanted, a true renaissance man and texas gentleman.

LMFAO.

mike r
Originally Posted by NH K9

Funny, seems unbelievers can only say God when they bust a toe or thumb.

I would probly say something like, God (or Hey Mr Big Guy in the sky), who I don't believe in or think is real but just in case you are real and who the idiots who put you in the preamble and on our coinage are right, I would ask you kindly to touch and heal and help our old bud and his wife. Amen.

I think you'd be relatively safe and not be struck by lightening for it.

Whoa.

Yeppers, I was right. HE told me you would not be struck by lightening for doing that.
What type of person? A praying unbeliever?
That just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Oh, and since we’re on it..........Gene and I may have had a few exchanges in the past, and likely will in the future, but he’s definitely a good man.

I would probly say something like, God (or Hey Mr Big Guy in the sky), who I don't believe in or think is real but just in case you are real and who the idiots who put you in the preamble and on our coinage are right, I would ask you kindly to touch and heal and help our old bud and his wife. Amen.

Whoa.

Yeppers, I was right. HE told me you would not be struck by lightening for doing that.

‘You’d’ and you?
That’s awfully presumptuous.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

He certainly was open minded when discussing LE. He would never insult someones family or call them a liar.

Nor would he dispute your right to wear your hat where and how you wanted, a true renaissance man and texas gentleman.

LMFAO.

mike r

Certainly a lot worse than some nevada gentlemen who denigrate believers, right?.

I guess if some had done to him what some lawmen did it could negatively influence them also.

Of course, I realize you and I are the only ones without blemish on the Fire.

Col Travis got knocked out of the loop by denigrating Texans and grabbing the wrong boolets, which even I have done before. Being more on my toes and more cognizant of Murphy's Law however, I checked headstamps.

Whoa.

‘You’d’ and you?
That’s awfully presumptuous.

Sorry, I'm not as perfectb in English as my betters.

Dontb strain yersef and make yersef feel better by giving good thoughts ifin you wish or just fergettaboutit.

Oh, sorry K9. I fergot you were a LEO.
Seemed like the implication was that I was a unbeliever, though I suppose my particular brand of faith may not be good enough for some of the ‘good christians’ here on the Fire.
You're probably correct. I assumed. My mistake, please pardon and carry on, and may the LORD cover your back and extend HIS wing of protection over you and your buds innblue.

It was very satisfying to help get the ball rolling and the big expansion going of the K9 program in Odessa back in the early 80s.,
Posted By: logcutter Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I do take issue with those that do not support Trump.

I don't think even Trump expected to be elected..He is an idiot that can't keep his mouth shut and truly not political and most importantly,don't listen to those that actually know like the military....All this that is happening now is..........'Ya think..

But I support him big time..Chit is hitting the fan now and it will get worse..I can see someone not supporting him that did before..
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Curdog is my friend.
You dont count. You're everybody's friend. Prolly couldnt fight very good.

Yeah, sure. More of a lover, huh?
LOL!

Jag You are my friend too! 😉
Seemed like the implication was that I was a unbeliever, though I suppose my particular brand of faith may not be good enough for some of the ‘good christians’ here on the Fire.

I hope you arent putting me in that "good Christian" category, for that would be an incorrect assumption.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20

Whoa.

I would have thought HE would have told you it's spelled "lightning". Since you and HE are in constant communication, and all.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

LMFAO.

mike r

Certainly a lot worse than some nevada gentlemen who denigrate believers, right?.

I guess if some had done to him what some lawmen did it could negatively influence them also.

Of course, I realize you and I are the only ones without blemish on the Fire.

Col Travis got knocked out of the loop by denigrating Texans and grabbing the wrong boolets, which even I have done before. Being more on my toes and more cognizant of Murphy's Law however, I checked headstamps.

Do you ever read your material prior to posting? You do far more to denigrate texans and/or believers than others could. Your cognition is really not that apparent. Your fellow true believer/ texan was an alcoholic [hopefully recovering] with a long arrest record that hated cops and never missed an opportunity to spew venom regarding LE, their families, personal honor or masculinity. Anonymously.

Didn't Col. Travis die at the Alamo?

mike r
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Would be ok if I asked Satan to lend a guiding hand?
Thanks. Hes not perfect. Strange, my Samsung thought that was a ok.

BTW, he did always speak well of you.

I hope you arent putting me in that "good Christian" category, for that would be an incorrect assumption.

Negative.
One thing I’m not known for is subtlety.

George
Originally Posted by RemModel8

I'm sure satan would be more than happy to guide your path.

Satans hand will not harm any under GODs grace and wing.

“They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;..." Satan is the serpent.

Negative.
One thing I’m not known for is subtlety.

George

Best way to be.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
RIO is a pretty smart fellow.

Of that there is no doubt.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20
Free tip for you fellas. Be careful with shape charges.

My range is repaired.

GFY
Y’all realize we all could and (these days), should be friends.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

My range is repaired.

GFY

I was talking to dad yesterday.

He said with claymores you have to be careful that the bad guys dont turn them around and point them at you when you are not looking.
Your dad is a wise man, and no doubt experienced.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Y’all realize we all could and (these days), should be friends.

Kind of hard to do with dimocommies bent on taking your guns and turning antifa, ms 13 and BLM loose on you.

However, I agree whole heartedly with you concerning patriots.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

My range is repaired.

GFY

He said with claymores you have to be careful that the bad guys dont turn them around and point them at you when you are not looking.

They would, it was always funny when some one booby trapped the claymores w/ a frag or WP grenade. Too bad for luke.grin

mike r

Why do all you country bumpkins have an aversion to possessive pronouns?

They are not the possessive type?

Got a link?

Got a link?

My

Her

Your

His

Their
Posted By: jackmountain Re: curdog4570? - 06/21/20

“They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;..." Satan is the serpent.

Some penecostals around here take that pretty damn literally. A 5' rattler and/or a quart of strychnine separates the wheat from the chaff real quick.

That’s pretty much what I was alluding to, Doc
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That’s pretty much what I was alluding to, Doc

We are gonna need all the friends we have. And then some.

Better get those networks up and running now.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
Gene's as good a fellow as you could ever hope to meet. Give ya the shirt off his back and never ask for anything in return. Just because ya dont see eye-to-eye on everything, doesn't mean someone is bad..... heck, me and Rattlesnake don't agree on everything and I've lived with her for 40+ years.

I'm like Bob..... Gene is my friend and I'm proud of it.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20

Satan is for you, because you are clearly on the path to hell.
Posted By: windridge Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20

What the hell is the matter with you knuckleheads? This was a thread about concern over a long time member, and it degenerates into this garbage. From the tenor of your posts you're both evil.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by windridge

What the hell is the matter with you knuckleheads? This was a thread about concern over a long time member, and it degenerates into this garbage. From the tenor of your posts you're both evil.

I never thought of Model8 as a tenor. He impressed me as a baritone.
Originally Posted by windridge

I'll happily acquiesce, but do you think the holier than thou guy will?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
You bear false witness also, not that it matters the least to me.

Feel free to pull up any of my posts where I indicate I am holy.

Sorry, Windridge, it's my fault. I proposed it wouldnt hurt for even unbelievers to pray. Boy was I rong.

Sorry, Windridge, it's my fault. I proposed it wouldnt hurt for even unbelievers to pray. Boy was I rong.

Point proven.
Keep flailing away.
Keep flailing away.

Sorry cupcake.
Posted By: deflave Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
Keep flailing away.

That's what she said...
Posted By: sse Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
it's all dub-goon's fault
Posted By: wabigoon Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
I do wish all the good folks that we have not heard from for a while well, and pray they are in good health
Keep flailing away.

That's what she said...

Yes, just before my post.

Ok, Remy, ust kiddin. grin
I do wish all the good folks that we have not heard from for a while well, and pray they are in good health

GFY.
Posted By: milespatton Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
I too call Gene a friend, and I have shared several campfires and meals with Him. There are several more in this thread that I call friend too. And Proud to be able to. miles
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20

Unbelievers could start by:

Hey, if you’re up there and I do have my doubts, would you please.....

Can’t hurt a thing and might even be surprised.
Originally Posted by milespatton
I too call Gene a friend, and I have shared several campfires and meals with Him. There are several more in this thread that I call friend too. And Proud to be able to. miles

Thanks, miles.

So, you want to get schiett on too. wink

It seems unbelievers believe Heaven forbid them to pray for someome. grin

Unbelief doesnt seem to keep some of them from telling someone to go to hell in a handbasket, now does it. smirk

So, you want to get schiett on too. wink

It seems unbelievers believe Heaven forbid them to pray for someome. grin

Unbelief doesnt seem to keep some of them from telling someone to go to hell in a handbasket.

We’ve got some good non-believers among us and that I’d call friends. Just different views and experiences is all.

Life goes on and to each his own.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20
This thread made a quick left turn, no blinkers

This, too, shall pass, Wabi.

Thank Jag, as usual.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: curdog4570? - 06/22/20

Amen.

SECONDED!!!
I guess you dont remember me saying it's my fault?

I didnt know it would hurt youse guys to hypothesize it might not hurt some unbelievers to ask help from a heaven, if there is one.

Evidently that blew some gaskets. grin
Posted By: mudhen Re: curdog4570? - 06/23/20
Gene is doing well. Don't worry about him.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: curdog4570? - 06/23/20
Originally Posted by mudhen
Gene is doing well. Don't worry about him.

Again, good to hear that.
© 24hourcampfire