Home
Posted By: H5farm Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
Boss Buck gravity feeders any good? Tired of buying cheap ones for Kansas lease. Whats a good feeder????
Posted By: HawkI Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
[url=http://www.hogslat.com/online-web-store-shopping][/url]
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
If you have squirrels around, they’ll chew them up. All Seasons and Lamco are good quality (and metal).
Posted By: JPro Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
Squirrels have ruined all my plastic feeders over the years. Metal or bust here.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
Originally Posted by fburgtx
If you have squirrels around, they’ll chew them up. All Seasons and Lamco are good quality (and metal).

This.

Our camp put out 2 of the 1000# gravity feeders.

Squirrels or coons chewed the plastic funnel.

Side note.....

A plastic toilet bowl flange fits inside the BB main funnel. Use it as an “adapter” to mount a spinner.

Also, buy the feet. And put them on paving stones.. etc.
we didn’t. One foot sunk down. Made the feeder un- level. Poured about 500# corn on the ground. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
I got one of these about 3 years ago.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-600-lbs-cube-deer-feeder#repChildCatid=7203017

It sees heavy use, is easy to fill, has no plastic, and is coon proof, and hog proof.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cheap enough for what it is. Takes a couple hours to bolt it together.
Posted By: JPro Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
I like the notion of the feeder pictured above, but I think our bears would rip off the cage and the mechanism.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/24/20
I tried the Boss Buck... our deer did not use them at all for a year. pulled them out and sold them.
Posted By: JPro Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/25/20
Our deer will only eat from the spinner feeders that throw the corn on the ground. They won't eat from the trough-style feeders. We were just feeding coons and pigs with our troughs. And bears.....
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/25/20
In our area I’ve had good luck with using 12” diameter heavy wall corrugated pvc pipe in ~ 4’ lengths.

Board on the bottom with the pipe v-notched 3 times and a lid on top. Mount it to a tree about 1.5’ off the ground attaching it to the tree using a 1/4” x 4” lag bolt with a fender washer and leaning a bit forward at the top to keep rain from running back into the feed. Tie the bottom securely to the tree such that it can’t tilt or wobble.

Add a plastic jar of peanut butter with the lid nailed/screwed to the tree and the bottom cut off the plastic jar. Put it about 4’ up and 90 degrees from the gravity feeder to get them started if it’s a new feeder.

Holds about 100#s of corn.

Edited to add:

If in a field, etc., I posthole dig and use a landscape timber to attach the feeder to but a bit lower.
Posted By: hanco Re: Boss Buck feeders - 06/25/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload photos online
© 24hourcampfire