Home
Posted By: gemby58 Midway USA - 06/25/20
what's up with midway USA customer service?, not taking phone calls, your email them it comes back

This message was sent from an unmonitored email address. If you need further assistance please contact MidwayUSA Customer Service through our Contact Us page.

WTF is going on over there, they gave me some tracking number for a order that shipped on 6-22-20 that shows the package was delivered on 4-20-20 in Danville AR. There going to act like this then I'll order from someone else in the furture. How do you get in contact with them now.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Prolly system overload.

Boogaloo prepping and what not.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Good gawd not another one of these threads!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
With #'s like that I'd say they were having trouble of some sort.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Their emails are generated by a "do not reply" bot. If you need to contact them, use "[email protected] to communicate.
Posted By: hanco Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I’ve always had great service from them
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
It seems to be the norm. I currently have four orders to four companies. One item arrived broken. I have been trying to reach that company for ten days, every day, multiple times a day. I have fill out customer service inquiries, left messages, sent emails. Schitty service.
The other three orders... have not seen any communication in 10+ days with any of them Nothing has shipped. No phones or emails answered. I am so fed up with this crap. Yet the companies have the time to send me sales flyers and email adds daily!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I'm larry pottedmeat with midwayusa, and that's the way it is.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
With #'s like that I'd say they were having trouble of some sort.

LOL
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Cokksuckers shipped me some #12 shot almost two months ago, bag broke open and shot all ran out the corners of the box. About a teaspoon of it left. I took pics of it, and sent them those and pics of it scattered all over UPS truck floor. Long story short after numerous e mails, they want me to return the teaspoon I have left to let em look at it and do a damage report. I have bought a ton of sheit from them over the years, but fuqk them. Just send me another fuqk8ng bag of it, sheesh.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I used to buy boat loads of stuff from them
a good while back, but they decided to
cater more to the web site and online ordering
and pretty much kicked the phone business
to the curb.
I can understand to a certain degree, but web
ordering has moved forward by leaps and bounds
and by now any trouble should be extremely rare
and almost unheard of.
My biggest complaint is logging on to a lot of
sites and filtering by this and by that and it
still brings up 1/3-1/2 stuff totally unrelated to
what you punched in and added all those filters
to exclude.
That's from having people on your staff that
don't know anything about the products they
sell, and it's prevalent in all businesses today
Posted By: Sevastopol Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
One thing can’t be denied is they have built the best website in the business.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by gemby58
what's up with midway USA customer service?, not taking phone calls, your email them it comes back

This message was sent from an unmonitored email address. If you need further assistance please contact MidwayUSA Customer Service through our Contact Us page.

WTF is going on over there, they gave me some tracking number for a order that shipped on 6-22-20 that shows the package was delivered on 4-20-20 in Danville AR. There going to act like this then I'll order from someone else in the furture. How do you get in contact with them now.

Optics Planet, and a lot of companies, during the "pandemic" are all like this. You can't actually talk to anyone about a problem anymore. They claim they don't have the staff to deal with customers individually now. That's nuts, though, because the big box, brick and mortar, outdoor sports stores are all fully staffed.
Originally Posted by Sevastopol

Absolutely how e-commerce should be.
I can't recall a problem with Midway, and I use them all the time. They have automated customer support that seems to work fine.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Technology TRH is what is going on ,the warehousing is being setup for robotics to minimizing human handling. Expensive machinery yes but cheaper in the long run than employees. Doesn't help the customer for occasional customer service. As we are seeing but is cheaper for the ebusiness. The most successful businesses in the future will have the least amount of employees. To drive the profit per employee upward not remain at status quo or slide behind your competition. MB
Posted By: killerv Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I love the company...but they have have some packing and shipping issues. Ordered 20 pieces of lapua brass to try, sent 19, said they weight the brass...don't count it. Its only 20 pieces...not likes its 2000 or even 200. Plus a bricks of 22s packed loosely in a big box, busted open by the time it got to my house, rounds sticking out the side of the ups box...no telling how many fell out completely, told me I would need to count them. Crazy.

Posted By: Paul39 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Optics Planet, and a lot of companies, during the "pandemic" are all like this. You can't actually talk to anyone about a problem anymore. They claim they don't have the staff to deal with customers individually now. That's nuts, though, because the big box, brick and mortar, outdoor sports stores are all fully staffed.

I've had the same experience, and wondered about it too. Is it really related to the pandemic or is it just an excuse to squeeze out a few extra bucks by running short staffed? Who knows? With all the unemployment and demand for shooting related stuff you'd think they'd be going great guns (pun intended.)

I called Brownell's the other day and, after getting a message asking me if I'd participate in a customer satisfaction survey after the call, I was told I was number 28 in line.

No thanks. I'm not going to order anything from a company that goes incommunicado so I can't talk with a hopefully competent real person to ask a question or resolve a problem.

Paul
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by gunner500

Lol.

Just another way to sell schit, but dodge the customer. Amazon is doing the same thing. Amazon!
Posted By: KentuckyMountainMan Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
You think Midway USA is Bad ......Try getting someone at Sportsman's Guide on the Phone....That place has went all to Hell....And they have 700 bucks of mine...
Posted By: Hastings Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Many years ago like maybe 2013 I ordered two different powders they claimed were in stock. The order was placed in February and after falsely claiming it would be shipped several times they refunded my credit card account without notifying me or paying me interest. This was done after 8 months. Powder was in short supply and I believe they diverted my powder to a preferred customer. Haven't bought a thing from Larry since.
When the big toilet paper scare had fully kicked in and crazy was the rule of the day, folks making runs on the canned food and such, our local Walmart began a hiring blitz. They had every retard in town several to an aisle and posted they could "flash hire" and have you on the payroll in two hours. Never seen so many people doing so little work. Of course this was before the sheeple corrals and dunce masks. Crazy year.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Well the bad part is that it's not just one
company with problems, but many.
Companies top heavy with management
of all levels, all trying to implement their
own policies and practices so they can
step back and say how this great new
improvement came about all because of
something they implemented, etc.
That's even infected the parks and
wildlife department here.

What can you do?
Put in your order and sit
and twiddle your thumbs.
Kinda like waiting on the freight
wagons to bring something to the
general store from St Louis 150 years ago

My how we have progressed
Posted By: dale06 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I tried to order a Trigger Tech trigger from Thegundoc. Their website is a pita and non functional, if you need to change address. Tried calling and just got run in a circle of voice mail. Hung up and ordered elsewhere.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Is it still Larry? Thought MidwayUSA was sold? Last couple orders went fine, got what I ordered in a fairly reasonable amount of time. Thankfully, no need for customer service.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20

I beg to differ.

Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

It takes forever and is maddening. The Millennial or Gen Z "genius" that did this should be made to scrub the entire length of I-45 with a tooth brush with someone kicking him in the ass the entire way.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

Lol.

Just another way to sell schit, but dodge the customer. Amazon is doing the same thing. Amazon!

Yeah, it used to be a snap to actually talk to someone at Amazon about a problem, but now they make it extremely difficult, to near impossible, to do so.
Posted By: EdM Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
I rather enjoy not having to speak with a person. Zero issues with Midway here.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Lol.

Yeah, it used to be a snap to actually talk to someone at Amazon about a problem, but now they make it extremely difficult, to near impossible, to do so.

Hawkeye, I believe Mr. Bezos has taken advantage of the baloney virus to streamline and increase sales and remove attentive customer service from the equation.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20

Could be that their customer service is being conducted from stay at home employees.

Trying to get my daughter registered for Fall classes. The state univ here all admissions people are working from home

Which means they are phoucking-off. Or if you get a live person, they’re brats and dogs are in the background.

Their protocol is to email us and we *might* reply in 2-4 business days.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
"In normal times"

I'll grab something from them at a close out price, or if I just can't find it anywhere else. As I can usually beat their prices elsewhere.

"During these times, a double cluster flop. The pandemic & the rioting?"

Everything everywhere gun & shooting related is mostly a mess.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
They had what I wanted, it shipped the same day, tracking number they gave me is fake, that package was delivered on 4-20
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Last week (last Thursday, in fact) I placed an order with Midway, and I had it Saturday around noon. Fastest service I've ever gotten from them, AND the order was complete, another shocker. For whatever reasons, I get great service from both them and Midsouth.

However, I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon if my life depended on it. I worked in an Amazon warehouse and know how they treat their employees, and with the PC climate infecting them now, it's worse than when I worked there. I wouldn't pizz down Bezo's throat if his guts were on fire. I'm sitting on a $100 gift card from them right now, and won't use the damned thing. I just don't want anything to do with them.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Neither do I, I do as little business with them as possible in today's world.

But, if you're serious about not wanting to use that $100 gift card, I'll PM you my address.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Last week (last Thursday, in fact) I placed an order with Midway, and I had it Saturday around noon. Fastest service I've ever gotten from them, AND the order was complete, another shocker. For whatever reasons, I get great service from both them and Midsouth.

I've not had any issues with Midway either. Most of my online purchases for shooting gear and reloading stuff is from Midway, Midsouth Shooters, Grafs and Natchez Shooters. All good experiences.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20

Lol.

Yup, thanks for making us rich.........you can fu-k off now. crazy grin
The site does behave differently depending upon the platform, browser and user settings. I have zero complaints and absolutely love how it operates. Would like to sort by BC though.

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

I beg to differ.

Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

It takes forever and is maddening. The Millennial or Gen Z "genius" that did this should be made to scrub the entire length of I-45 with a tooth brush with someone kicking him in the ass the entire way.

Lol.

That's what they're saying. But, not out of their mouths. Lol.

smile grin
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
They had what I wanted, it shipped the same day, tracking number they gave me is fake, that package was delivered on 4-20

I'm not guaranteeing that this is the answer, but they do reuse tracking numbers. It's entirely possible that the newest use of that number just hasn't yet shown up in the system.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Midway USA - 06/25/20
Why does it have to be Ill intent?

Why not they are just overwhelmed with orders....

#chinaflu lockdown has folks buying online like crazy.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
This is quite possibly the worst example of 1st-world-itis I've ever witnessed.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20

Sorry, maybe at one time, but I think that honor now goes to Primary Arms.

They don't have all the lines of products that Midway does, but their website works very well & their service levels & shipping performance are nothing short of phenomenal..........virtually 100% same or next day shipping as routine.

I've greatly reduced use of Midway...............way too much out of stock & their pricing is also not so attractive anymore.

JMHO, YMMV

MM
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Yes, Primary Arms rocks. I just ordered lower receiver parts from them and received the package 5 days later. Midway hasn't done that in quite some time.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Ok, I have confirmed, their site still works awesome here. Carry-on..
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
No savings to be had.
Specialized items to be had.

Pick your poison with Larry...

Hate the look on his mug at times in vid stuff.

JMO....
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
In the past we've all seen big increases in shipping and handling charges. That irritates me and others, I suspect that as well as increasing wages it covered costs associated with robotic handling system upgrades to decrease employee costs and eventually increase profits. As a result what we are experiencing is gap efficiency the robotics aren't as well programmed and prepared as they could be and problems result. Anytime some HR asswipe hires a position making the decision based on gender, race, or outside influence instead of qualifications of the applicant you have problems. The lack of a quality work force caused by politics results in more automation in goods processing. Get pissed about it all you want but that is exactly what's on the horizon. That's how I see it. MB
Posted By: jwall Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ok, I have confirmed, their site still works awesome here. Carry-on..

I've been a customer of Midway for years and have not had 1 problem.
The last order from them was in March for 40 S-W ammo
Before that was Christmas for Shooting Sticks for a friend.

I hope any problem with them now is due to the PANIC and excess buying. GO America !!
Nope, it's the new robots apparently.
Maybe so.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20

I beg to differ.

Unfortunately that is common on websites these days. I want a drop down that allows me to make all of my selections, then I want to hit go without going through the process again.
laugh
Probably the damned robots again.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Don't forget about Natchez Shooters Supply. I use them far more often than Midway. Across the board their prices are very similar.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The site does behave differently depending upon the platform, browser and user settings. I have zero complaints and absolutely love how it operates. Would like to sort by BC though.

The solution is simple. Instead of refreshing the page for each selection made, add an "apply" button where all the selections are made first, then "applied" in one fell swoop. An ANCIENT practice in use since early VAX, Unix and Windows applications. Having the additional side scroll bar isn't as big a deal since the arrow keys and pg dn can get you there pretty quickly. Refreshing and resetting to the top for each selection is akin to parking the moving truck down at the end of the block instead of placing the loading ramp as close to the front door as possible.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Don't forget about Natchez Shooters Supply. I use them far more often than Midway. Across the board their prices are very similar.

I use them too and no problems.

"IMO" --it seems to me that Midway has a greater selection/variety in their inventory.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
I don’t like Midway
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I use them too and no problems.

"IMO" --it seems to me that Midway has a greater selection/variety in their inventory.

Wayy more. Much broader offerings by faaaaarrrrrrr.
Posted By: trplem Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20

Lol.

That's what they're saying. But, not out of their mouths. Lol.

smile grin

Two first things to remember about retail:
1) It'd be a great job if it weren't for the fugging customers.
2) The customer is always an azzwhole.
Credit Kevin Smith for those two bits of wisdom. They've served me quite well during my career.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
Midway used to be my go to. Had an issue with them about 5 years ago, they are now last on my list if I need something. Grafs has been my go to the last few years. Midsouth has been the back up.
Posted By: g5m Re: Midway USA - 06/26/20
They and Brownells are probably swamped these days.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
I use Midway and sometimes Grafs. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
I like Midway.
Posted By: ST50 Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
I don't use Midway as much as some of you guys, but I've never had a problem. Easy and quick every time. I have had a ton of problems with shippers and warehouses in my business lately.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
I've tried to connect with White Oak Armament website. No luck. Can't even get it to open.

Paul
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
Here's my take. If your business is having short term problems, put an explanatory message on your website and/or phone answering system. Don't just leave customers and prospective customers in the dark.

And for cripe sake don't leave me waitng on the phone forever with periodic messages thanking me for my patience and saying how much my business is appreciated. Over and over.

I'm usually pretty tolerant, but this stuff just pisses me off.

Paul
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
Midway
Brownell's
Midsouth
Graf
Weidners,
Natchez
Primary Arms
PSA

I use them all and whoever has what I need for the best price get's my business.
More often than not, with shipping included, it's Midway.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
Bought some 30-06 big pills. No problem with Midway
Posted By: jwall Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Midway
Brownell's
Midsouth
Graf
Weidners,
Natchez
Primary Arms
PSA

I use them all and whoever has what I need for the best price get's my business.
More often than not, with shipping included, it's Midway.

This has been my experience as well. I've read more than once others say, "I usually find things cheaper elsewhere",
Maybe it depends on what you want ? ?

Jerry
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Midway USA - 06/27/20
I made an order earlier today from Midway. I had a kind of special scope back ordered but all else was shipped and they said it will be here by Wednesday. I'd bet on Tuesday. I ordered as they gave me a birthday discount on some things I wanted. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Midway USA - 06/29/20
5 days in shipping and ups web site show the tracking number midway sent me is not in use, midway says it will be here tomorrow, never takes a week to get here 3 days tops. Not here by Wednesday I'll get on midway chat and demand a refund and will order from PSA.
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: Midway USA - 06/29/20
I have never had a problem with Midway. They ship same day 98% of the time and have never had a problem with poor packing.

Can't say that about Lucky Gunner. Had a few plastic boxes of defensive ammo placed in a box that was 10 times bigger than needed and nothing but crumpled up paper for protection. The plastic boxes were destroyed and all ammo loose. Could blame UPS, but could have been packaged much better.

Have any of you tried to order anything from Bear Basin lately? Went through an ordeal with them recently. After a week of nothing, no contact, no status updates, I finally got hold of a human. Was told item was shipped, but they were too busy to send email or update their web site. The dude hangs up before I can ask for shipper info. Another week with no contact and no item and no tracking/shipper info I started calling again. Finally get the same guy and they admit that it hasn't shipped , but they will do so immediately. Four hours later still nothing. I call and leave a message to cancel the order. Contact the credit card and file a payment protest to stop payment.

At 10pm they send an email with tracking info. 10 pm! Next day I call, tell them of the CC protest and get a lecture about their suffering through Covid19 and how I should have more compassion for my fellow human beings! Told him if they had not told me a bold faced lie that none of this would have happened. Was willing to make immediate payment electronically, but after his lecture he hung up before I could offer.

NEVER again with that outfit!
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Midway USA - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I have never had a problem with Midway. They ship same day 98% of the time and have never had a problem with poor packing.

Can't say that about Lucky Gunner. Had a few plastic boxes of defensive ammo placed in a box that was 10 times bigger than needed and nothing but crumpled up paper for protection. The plastic boxes were destroyed and all ammo loose. Could blame UPS, but could have been packaged much better.

Have any of you tried to order anything from Bear Basin lately? Went through an ordeal with them recently. After a week of nothing, no contact, no status updates, I finally got hold of a human. Was told item was shipped, but they were too busy to send email or update their web site. The dude hangs up before I can ask for shipper info. Another week with no contact and no item and no tracking/shipper info I started calling again. Finally get the same guy and they admit that it hasn't shipped , but they will do so immediately. Four hours later still nothing. I call and leave a message to cancel the order. Contact the credit card and file a payment protest to stop payment.

At 10pm they send an email with tracking info. 10 pm! Next day I call, tell them of the CC protest and get a lecture about their suffering through Covid19 and how I should have more compassion for my fellow human beings! Told him if they had not told me a bold faced lie that none of this would have happened. Was willing to make immediate payment electronically, but after his lecture he hung up before I could offer.

NEVER again with that outfit!

Had a problem with bear basin a few years back, ordered a scope from them and when came the box was empty, wasent opened or anything. Called them and addressed this I think the owner, and I was told I was full of [bleep], yes he said it just like that. He looked up the shipping info and it showed the box weighed 3oz when shipped. I asked him who's full of [bleep] now I asked. A 3oz scope dam. He said he would get another package out to me told him not to borther because I'm full of [bleep], just refund my money I'll take my fill of [bleep] bussiness elsewhere. Last I ordered anything from them again.
Posted By: Edwardkin72 Re: Midway USA - 07/01/20
I've always had good luck with them
Posted By: RAS Re: Midway USA - 07/01/20
Just ordered a bunch of stuff for Midway and it came in on time with everything perfect. I like that company.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Midway USA - 07/01/20
Never really had a problem with Midway. I've been happy with their prices and service.

The only thing I don't care for is when they ship UPS Smartpost. But that's because UPS sucks and takes forever. Packages get sucked into slow orbit around that schitthole Federal Way, WA and can't break gravity for weeks. When they ship USPS Priority, it really is Nitro-Express shipping and arrive in 3-5 days.
© 24hourcampfire