Home
Posted By: IndyCA35 Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
I get the same robocalls over and over again.

One says, "Thank you for choosing Visa and MasterCard etc., etc." And then "to continue, press 1."

I found that I could press 2 immediately before the message completed and immediately get a human. The "human" has a foreign accent. I immediately say, "I'm on the do-not-call list and if you ever call me again you will get fined $10,000 you Indian POS."

I don't think that stops the robocalls but I feel better and maybe the Indian will get frustrated and geet another job.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
[Nearest city's name here] police department, how can I help you?

They don't call back.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
I learned to say "You are a goat f u c k e r" in Hindi.
Posted By: rong Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
HL don't keep us in suspense,,tell us how
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
This is why I have an unlisted number that doesn't show on caller ID. They wont stop, just change their # & continue calling. The previous owner of my previous house owed $$ all over the place. The creditors used the address to get my name & number & called relentlessly not caring that I was not him. When you tell them to FOAD they sell the debt to another collection agency & it starts all over again. Been unlisted & cloaked my # for 2 1/2 years now & had one robocall. *82 uncloaks for calling friends with blockers.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I learned to say "You are a goat f u c k e r" in Hindi.

Google Translate is your friend.

Yeah, but who likes Google?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
tum bakaree chodane vaale ho

You can work out the pronunciation. smile
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
I just hang up, for lack of anything better to do. Although this thread is giving me some inspiration for something a little more satisfying.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
I love to screw with the phone solicitors. When I get one live and in person, be it for siding, windows, or whatever the fucq else they're peddling, I immediately go into veggiebabble-I just start rattling off names of veggies and fruit. Usuall makes them hang up with two or three varieties. Either that or I just tell em to call Travis.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
For the most part, I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. However, once in a while I'm expecting a call from an unknown number so I have to answer them until I get it. I think the 2d dumbest is when I get recording that says 'please hold for an important message'. Yeah, right. I'm going to stay on hold and waste my time and phone minutes waiting to hear an ad. The 1st dumbest is the person who actually stays on hold to hear it.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
Used to get those fake, annoying IRS calls( IRS doesn't call). Finally picked up phone and told them they were talking to an Enrolled Agent of the IRS. Never heard from them again.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/26/20
Somewhere I read to call an out of service phone number and record that sound. Then, play it when a robocall comes in. Supposedly their machine removes such calls from the call list. Has anyone tried this?
Posted By: kingston Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/27/20
Get the app, “Nomorobo”. It changed my life.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Robocall Strategy - 06/27/20
I programmed my machine to answer with "Domo Arigato Mister Roboto" on the first ring with the volume turned all the way down.
© 24hourcampfire