Flipboard
Email
Copy
NEWS
‘Pop, Lock & Drop It’ rapper Huey killed in St. Louis double shooting
By Lee BrownJune 26, 2020 | 9:22am | Updated
‘Pop, Lock & Drop It’ rapper Huey killed in St. Louis double shooting

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rapper Huey has been killed in a double shooting in his hometown of St. Louis, according to reports. He was 32.

The “Pop, Lock & Drop It” star — real name Lawrence Franks Jr. — was shot at least once at about 11 p.m. Thursday while in a front yard, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Huey — who had a teenage daughter — was pronounced dead after being taken to a local hospital, police told the paper, without officially confirming his identity.

A second victim went to a local precinct and was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police told the paper. It was not immediately clear how he was connected to Huey.

While officials did not confirm his identity, the local hip-hop community lit up social media with tributes to one of the city’s most popular recent rappers.

“They killed my lil cousin,” tweeted former state Rep. Bruce Franks Jr., a local activist fighting gun violence known as the ”St. Louis Superman.”

“The last time we performed together! Y’all knew him as Huey, to his loved ones he was LJ! My lil cousin! Rest Easy!”
Crap ! ONLY one ?
Whish one of his bishes gots his Grills?
"Great" and" rap artist" are not words that belong in the same sentence. Or even the same paragraph.
Pop, lock and drop it

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Hope the shooter took his advice.lol ed k
Damn it's hard to believe he's gone , somehow we must carry on ...
Did his life matter? When does the looting start, I could use some new spinning reels.

P
Mike Tyson have a kid brother?
There is no such thing as a great "rap" artist.
I'm gonna need a week off work to mourn. cry
This truly a monumental blow to society. Diminutive in stature but gigantic in his artistic contributions to the world of performing arts and lovers of fine entertainment everywhere. We are all in deep mourning today.

- Nah, just kidding. Another piece of Schitt flushed. . .
Young black men killed by other black men is the normal/accepted way of things in "the community" isn't it?
Had me worried for a second, I though it may be one of Green Day
Shouldn't we be ripping down all the MLK street signs or some chitt.............
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
"Great" and" rap artist" are not words that belong in the same sentence. Or even the same paragraph.

Yeah, I had to tune in to see what it was all about...

Just another black killing a black...
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Damn it's hard to believe he's gone , somehow we must carry on ...

........ LOL!!
Hate coon toons.

somehow that mouth reminds of the villain in a James Bond movie that would try to bite people.

Can you imagine being the undertaker that has to staple that mouth shut?
Great rap has never been invented and it's certainly not 'art'. It's nothing but substitute noise for those who can't sing.
I’m devastated
Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

somehow that mouth reminds of the villain in a James Bond movie that would try to bite people.

Can you imagine being the undertaker that has to staple that mouth shut?

Welder maybe?
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

I am total agreement with you.
If he gets his own national holiday, can we shoot four more and take a whole week off?
It looks like King David used him for target practice back in the day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

“And YOU can count on ME meeting YOU in the parking lot!”

“...stop! I believe that’s Mr Gilmore’s jacket!!”
How terrible. What a loss for our civilization.
You can't spell crap without rap! Where is all the outrage?
They probably were after his 4 yellow teeth.
The paramedics tried resuscitation by jumper cables on the grill. But, the 9mm Hi Point with side sights had already left it's mark.
That song was big when I was in college. Trust me, it wasn't a bad thing to see white girls "Pop, Lock, and Dropit" when it came on in the bars.
[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]
Gee.......that's....too....bad....
So is June 25 gonna be a national holiday too? Or is Juneteenth gonna be a week long celebration?
Rest In Piss.
In other horrific news, dozens, if not hundreds of other rappers are walking around and performing in perfect health.

Got my tape still...
So I'm good on freshening up my popping moves.
Does anyone know if we can get a refund for concert tickets ?
As to the title, there are none.
apparently he was from Kinloch Mo. It borders Ferguson. All I can say is Google Kinloch LOL.

it was been a big schithole forever
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Does anyone know if we can get a refund for concert tickets ?

The “Pop, Lock & Drop It, Is dead and you’re worried about getting a refund? It’s not gonna be the same around my house, my wife and kids are devastated.
But, not that it really matters my wife just told me she got a full refund. I love that pinky ring :-)
Great + rap + artist.

Huh.

Kinda like dividing by zero if you ask me.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Great + rap + artist.

Huh.

Kinda like dividing by zero if you ask me.

This^^^
Is that a Shredded Wheat on his ring?
Tragic.
Rap, great, , and artist ?
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
That song was big when I was in college. Trust me, it wasn't a bad thing to see white girls "Pop, Lock, and Dropit" when it came on in the bars.

I got news for you, Yeah it is.
Well damn. 😜
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

? is who goes to a bar that plays rap......bob
Originally Posted by renegade50

Got my tape still...
So I'm good on freshening up my popping moves.

Damn, I never even heard of pop and locking or whatever, but that thing was available on VHS. Lol

I need to start wearing dress socks with my white New Balances, pulling my shorts up to my armpits...
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

? is who goes to a bar that plays rap......bob

Another good question. Yeah, no schitt.
A Campfire Record ! !

6 pages and no Arguing ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Pop Drop & Lock *
Did not know there were any great rap artists....???
It's a start...
Damn the luck ! Rap sucks,[bleep] Louis sucks. Maybe it will spark more black on black violent crime.
This is going to be a tough one on me.
Since I made the OP this morning, I have had a heavy heart.
Since I didn't know any rap artists, you could say that "Rapper Huey" was my favorite, although I never heard of him before this morning.

My Beagle Daisy is also taking it pretty badly, she loved Rapper Huey.

What a talent, and taken away from us so young.
I bet it was a Klansman, or a MAGA guy who shot him, no way it was another downtown St. Louis Negro.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Rest In Piss.

That’s funny
Well ..... bye
Well ..... bye
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Well damn. 😜

I'll bet his cosmetic dentist is thinking the same thing. That's expensive grill work.
There are no great rappers. No great loss. I'm especially confused as to why whites even like black ghetto music.
“Great Rap Artist” is an oxymoron- kinda like “Tall Dwarf” or “Short Giant”. Contradiction of terms.
Originally Posted by AB2506
There are no great rappers. No great loss. I'm especially confused as to why whites even tolerate
black ghetto music.

Fixt...
Originally Posted by auk1124

You owe me a new keyboard dammit.
I was just beginning to deal with the loss of Pop Smoke...
Don’t forget I’mdead Forsure! (Tupac Shakur)
no such thing.
I've never known one rap artist produce one line of real music. powdr
32 with a teenage daughter?
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by auk1124

You owe me a new keyboard dammit.

Classic. Love it.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
a Great Rap Artist

That phrase is an oxymoron.................never, ever been such an animal.

MM
He had a nice cocaine finger nail.

Mom, always said to look for something good about a person.

😎
Someone make sure Roy goes to bed at 10 p.m. sharp and doesn’t try to slip out the window!
© 24hourcampfire