Home
Is there some kind of descent control to give engine braking for a 2008 Ranger 700XP? I love this old machine, but I hate replacing brakes every-other year and would like some kind of ADC. Is there a clutch kit that would help? I go long ways down extremely steep mountains.
The engine braking system used a one way clutch sort of thing on the drive .....or was it driven......crap

I dont remember.

Not sure if you can add that. Maybe from a wrecked machine.
My 2004 Ranger will coast unless I rev it slightly, just enough to engage the clutch. Then, it “brakes” just fine.
2009 xp 700 here.

If there was, I'd be running it.

Been looking at the 2020 Backcountry for this exact reason.
There is. Installation requires replacing some clutch parts. You might need to take it to a shop to have the clutch replaced if you don't have the tools.
Search for Polaris EBS for info on how to do it and where to get the conversion kit. The kits are hard to find but they're out there.

If you don't mind spending money, here's a Duraclutch kit for $1200. It's a whole new clutch of a different type that's supposed to handle engine braking nicely. DURACLUTCH
The Duraclutch looks like a good choice, but at $1,200.00 I think I'll do brakes every few years instead.
I have a 2011-700. I change the brakes
I go down some tough steep trails with a lot of rock crawling, sometimes a 2,500 foot descent, and have to stop and let the brakes cool. I think I'll go back to using my 2007 Sportsman X2 with EBS for those trips.
Originally Posted by windridge
The Duraclutch looks like a good choice, but at $1,200.00 I think I'll do brakes every few years instead.
I haven't put one on my '12 RZR for just that reason.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There is. Installation requires replacing some clutch parts. You might need to take it to a shop to have the clutch replaced if you don't have the tools.
Search for Polaris EBS for info on how to do it and where to get the conversion kit. The kits are hard to find but they're out there.

If you don't mind spending money, here's a Duraclutch kit for $1200. It's a whole new clutch of a different type that's supposed to handle engine braking nicely. DURACLUTCH

Which one do you have Rock Chuck?
© 24hourcampfire