Home
I regret not going to see Ray Price. I kept putting it off until it was too late. I’ve seen many, many artists, but he is my biggest regret.

Anyone you wish you had gone to see?
Elvis comes to mind.
He was still touring when I was young and going to concerts.

Eno/801 live. I saw Roxy Music, but 801 live is a whole different thing.
SRV
Allman Brothers
Pink Floyd
J Geils
Merle Haggard
Tom petty
Merle
Rush
Rolling Stones back when they were good (70's). Plenty of chances to see them in concert, it just never worked out. Wouldn't pay to see them now.

Another vote for Elvis.
Originally Posted by hanco
I regret not going to see Ray Price. I kept putting it off until it was too late. I’ve seen many, many artists, but he is my biggest regret.

Anyone you wish you had gone to see?

Totally agree. He used to play the Ft. Worth area quite a bit, and I just never got around to it. Glad I got to see George, Merle, and Don Williams when I had the chance.
Percy Sledge
Pink Floyd as well as SRV.
Mmmmmm???????? Hmmmmmm????? Let’s see????????

Hmmmmmm?????

Nope!
Guns n roses
I’ve seen everyone mentioned so far except J Geils and Percy Sledge. I would like to have seen Smoky Robinson and the black man shot by his dad. I can’t remember his name.
Bob Marley
Type O Negative on the October Rust tour.
They played at the Emerson in Indy.

Had tix to see em on Halloween at the Metro in Chicago but Life is Killing Me tour cancelled right before
Not sure I would ever pay a man to sing to me. A woman, maybe.
Keith Whitley
Chris Ledoux
Waylon

blush
blushPlease give me a pass. I mean only kick me half as hard as this deserves.
He had some good songs, I was young then.
And he was one the the best entertainers ever, according to many.

I wish I could have seen, (please forgive, and I'm not endorsing his proclivities)

Michael Jackson blush
Townes van Zandt.
Marvin Gaye
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
SRV

^^^^^

+ Beatles, Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Police, Weather Report, Santana to name a few.
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
Marvin Gaye

Good one! I forgot Marvin.
Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Pavarotti, Waylon. I had tickets but Waylon was having throat problems. That was during his coke days.
Seen Zeppelin a couple times, wish I had seen the Doors and Hindrix...
Cream
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Santana
Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Doors
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
The Who
And a lot more of the 60/70 rock bands

Did see the Stones, three dog night, Jethro Tull, Kansas.
Boston
Van Halen with Roth

Anybody ever see this band?

Metallica and Beastie Boys are two of my personal favorites and all time greats and I managed to not get myself to a single show
Stompin' Tom Connors, Don Williams. I'm happy, I've seen some good ones.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Boston
Van Halen with Roth

Anybody ever see this band?

I’ve seen all the versions of Van Halen, David Lee was the best, although Sammy was good too. I’ve seen Boston a couple of times, they were outstanding both times.
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
Marvin Gaye

Did he own a 270 ?
Born in 71, I was too young to catch most of the great rock acts of that era. Zeppelin, Hendrix prob most regrettably. I did get a shot to see Floyd later without Roger Waters, but I was a junior in High School, my folks still had me under their thumb, and for various reasons I couldn’t make the show. That one still stings. Aside from that, I have been lucky to see many others. Knocked off a huge list at Woodstock ‘99. I would add Prince to my list of regrettable misses. I see SRV mentioned a number of times here; he was one of the ones I was blessed to see. He was, in fact, the best rock/blues performance, or any performance, I have ever seen. The Polish American Beach Club in Gardner MA. Epic.
Joe Venuti.
Would have to say Hendrix when he came to San Diego. I think I was all of 14 and a half at the time of the May '69 concert. I'd have basically had to run away, then get my ass kicked when I got home. I had friends go that snuck in a back door.

If not mistaken, his most "famous" recorded version of Red House comes from that show.

Woodstock too, but then I'd have had to run away for months!
Tom Petty and SRV.
AC/DC
Fleetwood Mac
Motley Crue
Nirvana they were playing a show at the Salem armory me and bud talked about going but didn’t. Alice in chains is another one, Johnny Cash..
Moody Blues.
Jethro Tull
Fleetwood Mac
I have seen lots of others though.
Hanco, have you seen both Hendrix AND SRV? That would be something else. If so, which performance was better?
We had tickets to see Ozzy with Zakk Wylde and Marilyn Manson opening, but Ozzy came down with cancer a few weeks before the show. Would have been a good one. I wish him the best but suspect his touring days are over.

Would have liked to see the original lineup of Kiss.

Would have of course liked to see Stevie Ray.

Gonna try to go see Slipknot before they implode and sue each other into oblivion.
Van Morrison
Johnny Cash
Fleetwood Mac
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
Aerosmith
I had tix to see them and then Steven Tyler fell off the stage in South Dakota and had to cancel the show.
Rush
Steely Dan
Deep Purple
Marshall Tucker Band
Waylon
Waylon
I’m going to list the ones I have seen! The list is a lot shorter than the ones I haven’t seen.

Waylon
The Who
The zombies
Bette Midler
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Eagles
Not really regret. Before my time...

SRV.

If he’d still be been clean now days, he be giving it hell.

Lot of folks spend their entire life practicing and will be never SRV good.

Seems he just woke every morning, said fug it. Let’s make music.
Pantera for sure. Just saw David Allen Coe about 6-7 months ago. Wish id saw him much sooner. Id like to get to see Hank III yet.
AC/DC
RUSH
Not a damn one
Sinatra
Uncle Tupelo
Don Williams
Ronnie Milsap
The Civil Wars
maybe Alice In Chains, but by the time I was old enough Lanye was in pretty bad shape.

Born in ‘76 so I caught the best rock in reruns, so to speak and after most of their heydays of touring.
I sorely regret missing Tiny Tim. That man was gifted w/ a tremolo of the gods and could handle a uke like Doc Watson flatpicking a 6 string. One of a kind.

mike r
I’ve made it to many of the ones some of you all missed (within my generation)

My personal regret is being high as hell or drunk as shît to remember.

I need to get mrs slumlord to make a scrap book thingie or photo album of all my ticket stubs and back stage passes. Maybe my memory will be jogged. 😐
I do remember a bud smuggling in paint balls under his ball cap into an Anthrax show and zinging them at people from the upper deck.
THE BAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by JeffyD
THE BAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levon.

Yeah.
Zeppelin -Stones
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Hanco, have you seen both Hendrix AND SRV? That would be something else. If so, which performance was better?

I’ve seen them both, Hendrix, but Stevie had a better voice and more material. Saw Zep and Plant and Page.
Srv.

YouTube Stevie ray Vaughn soundcheck.

Leopard print robe. DGAF.

When you ain’t trying is better than others best.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Srv.

YouTube Stevie ray Vaughn soundcheck.

Leopard print robe. DGAF.

When you ain’t trying is better than others best.

He was just clean then, everyone needs to see that sound check.
Originally Posted by hotweatherhunter
Tom petty

Yep & Merle.
John Denver
Originally Posted by CashisKing
John Denver

Just kidding
Originally Posted by CashisKing
John Denver

Never seen John Denver, I had good luck there.
Ike's boys
If I had all the money I’ve spent on concerts, bars(dancing), I would be well off. My first concert ( not including Houston livestock and Rodeo) was CCR in 69
This is bad!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
No time frame listed, so in no particular order...

Enrico Caruso at the Metropolitan Opera.

Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall in 1938.

Count Basie at the Cotton Club.

Cab Calloway at the Cotton Club.

Bix Beiderbecke

Paul Whiteman Orchestra in 1925.

Janis at Monterey in 1967
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
No time frame listed, so in no particular order...

Enrico Caruso at the Metropolitan Opera.

Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall in 1938.

Count Basie at the Cotton Club.

Cab Calloway at the Cotton Club.

Bix Beiderbecke

Paul Whiteman Orchestra in 1925.

Janis at Monterey in 1967

Only heard of Joplin
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by hotweatherhunter
Tom petty

Yep & Merle.

Running down a Dream.
Tom Petty put on a good show, saw Merle in the Cow Palace in Houston.
THE BAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levon.

Yeah.

The Last Waltz.
Wilson Pickett
Janis
The Beatles 65-68
LED Zepplin pre 76
James Brown
Sex Pistols

And of course Elvis
Grand Funk Railroad and Ten Years After, was big fan of both. Still am as a matter of fact.
In May of 1965 The Rolling Stones played a concert at Georgia Southern College. It was the first time they had ever played a concert on a college campus. At the time they had been on the Ed Sullivan show twice. I have never cared much for but a few songs the Rolling Stones played, but looking back, I wish I had been a couple of years older and had been able to go to that concert. I was about 2 miles away.
Charlie Robison
Was lucky enough to see many bands (1968-present). Many mentioned already even James Gang, Jeff Beck, Doobies, Firefall, Poco, CSN, etc. Regret last August not seeing Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits fame). Consider him to be one of the most talented guitar players ever. Saw SRV and Johnny Winter, both were awesome players. One of the best concerts I attended was The Who and Jethro Tull on New Years Eve at Red Rocks Amphitheater Colorado, early 1970s. As you can tell I’m quite elderly.
Originally Posted by Mike70560
THE BAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levon.

Yeah.

The Last Waltz.

The Band is "The" Band! The Last Waltz would love to have seen that live. Awesome concert.
The Band?

Good Choice.
What about Ten Years After??

I saw Chris Ledoux before he died.
Ernest Tubb
Didn't he play at your Johns Mansville retirement?
Been a while, ya know I taught school for 50+ years after retiring from Johns Manville

I still have students in their 60s see me and chat me up.
Back in the day a group of us saw Jim Morrison and the Doors when they would play on the east coast.
Their warm up group was Country Joe and the Fish and I once saw The Who start the show. Can't believe Jim passed in 1971. That was along time ago.

Saw a lot of the English groups during the mid 60's on base when I was stationed in England,
Have seen the Stones multiple times, Heart, Linda Ronstadt,Alan Jackson, Reba, Brad Paisley,Tim Mc Graw, Faith Hill, Vince Gill,
and a few others that I have forgotten.

I would have loved seeing
Eric Clapton with any of this groups.
The Beatles
Michael Jackson
Fleetwood Mac
Waylon
Aerosmith
Originally Posted by slumlord
Been a while, ya know I taught school for 50+ years after retiring from Johns Manville

I still have students in their 60s see me and chat me up.

Them fuggers is deader'rn hell.
I’ve seen everyone mentioned so far except J Geils and Percy Sledge. I would like to have seen Smoky Robinson and the black man shot by his dad. I can’t remember his name.

Marvin Gaye was shot and killed by his father.
Bob Seger. Tom Petty. Grand Funk in their prime which was when I was in high school. Doobie Bros. Linda Ronstadt.
Cash
Seger
The Eagles
Knophler with Dire Straits
The Band
Dylan
Crosby, Stills, & Nash
Guy Clark
Jim Croce
McCartney
Paul Simon
Queen
Van Morrison
Zevon

Saw a lot of concerts by some awesome artists in their day...Beach Boys, Stones, Who, Springsteen, Police, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, Mellencamp, and scores more. Most of the guys I listed are dead or past their prime. I'm good. No regrets.
Rolling Stones
Fleetwood Mac
Led Zepplin
Janis Joplin
Jefferson Airplane
Cream about 50 years ago at the Fillmore East.

Gave my ticket to my buddy, who was my lead guitar player, so that he could take his girlfriend.
One of my biggest mistakes.

-Ken
Was a senior when Lynyrd Skynyrd’s plane went down. They were coming to New Haven on that tour.
Tom Petty put on a good show, saw Merle in the Cow Palace in Houston.

You couldn't have paid me to go see Petty and I used to have one of his guitars.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What about Ten Years After??

I saw Chris Ledoux before he died.

Good one.
Originally Posted by CaptEdIII
Cream about 50 years ago at the Fillmore East.

Gave my ticket to my buddy, who was my lead guitar player, so that he could take his girlfriend.
One of my biggest mistakes.

-Ken

Would have to agree. smile
I saw the Chili Peppers in '87 before they got big at a small venue show at Janus Landing, St Pete, FL with Bonnie Raitt.
Hanco" Of the many and varied entertainers I have paid to see and have been paid to see (protect) I only regret never hearing Elvis Presley perform live.
I saw him close up and in person at the Seattle Worlds Fair (1962?) as he was filming a movie there one of the days I attended.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hanco" Of the many and varied entertainers I have paid to see and have been paid to see (protect) I only regret never hearing Elvis Presley perform live.
I saw him close up and in person at the Seattle Worlds Fair (1962?) as he was filming a movie there one of the days I attended.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I saw Elvis at the Houston rodeo in 1969, over 50 years ago.
Aretha Franklin
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Wilson Pickett

He did a concert at UF back in 1968. I missed it, being at work. He and his entourage stopped by the gas station I was working at later that night on their way to another gig. I said I was a fan, and explained why I had to miss his show. He and the band played several songs for me. Got his autograph, which is still on my den wall.
I do believe my rock`n out days of Michigan Palace , Grande-Ballroom ,Castle Farms and Pine Knob are long over but would like to see these bands live !
If it`s too loud,your to old ...LOL wink
Five Finger Death Punch
Volbeat
Shinedown
Disturbed
Alter Bridge
Avenged Sevenfold
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I saw the Chili Peppers in '87 before they got big at a small venue show at Janus Landing, St Pete, FL with Bonnie Raitt.

That's a bit of an iconoclastic lineup.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

That's a bit of an iconoclastic lineup.

Yep. And it was a great show.

They played for HOURS. The Peppers had Zeppelin songs down.

Bonnie Raitt was good, too. I was more into her then though, with her showing her liberal ass now.
Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holding Company
The Band (tho I did see Levon several times including one of his Midnight Rambles at his barn)
The Kinks
The Byrds
Lou Reed
Gram Parsons with Emmylou Harris
Eva Cassidy
Bob Marley
John Prine

(Everyone else I really wanted to see, I did)
Coulda seen Nirvana at a small bar on a Thursday night right before they broke big. Don't really care about Nirvana, never bought an album, but I was going and went to some chicks house instead.

I did see Foo Fighters on a double header with the Chili Peppers. That was a show.

I saw them in '88 at Rites of Spring in Nashville. I'd never heard of them

Had tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughn in Louisville in summer of '89. I was working down the road in Frankfort. A friend was getting married so I sold the tickets.
Originally Posted by savatage
I do believe my rock`n out days of Michigan Palace , Grande-Ballroom ,Castle Farms and Pine Knob are long over but would like to see these bands live !
If it`s too loud,your to old ...LOL wink
Five Finger Death Punch
Volbeat
Shinedown
Disturbed
Alter Bridge
Avenged Sevenfold

I was in Nashville last February and was riding the elevator with a couple, I asked them what they were doing tonight and he said I'm friends with so-n-so,like I knew who that was, and I told him I didn't know, he said he was in the band Disturbed and they are playing at Bridgestone Arena tonight. I knew a couple of their songs and we talked just long enough for the elevator ride and I told them have a good time.

So my wife and I go to on our dinner date which was as it turns out, an Italian place right across from Bridgestone Arena,and who do we see but the couple. They are having dinner with the concert promoters. They recognized us and we stopped by their table. The promoter asked us if we wanted to get in to see the show. We thanked them but said we had already made plans (I wanted to to go Ernest Tubbs Record shop)
Nirvana and Pink Floyd, for me.
B.B. King
Pink Floyd (although I did listen to the entire Division Bell show from atop my sleeper in the lot of a [bleep] little truck stop 1/4 mile from Oakland Coliseum)
The Band
Townes Van Zandt
Johnny Cash
THE BAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have seen most of the good ones; their show would be in my top 5 i attended
© 24hourcampfire