Home
Dude asked how much I would offer for the 2 of em.
I said 5 bucks.
He said 10
I said 7
He said they are yours.
Always handy to have....

Been to about 8 or 9 different ones so far.
Rain shut me down bout an hour ago.
Heading home..

No mowing. ..
Its pouring out now.
Their is a god!!!

LOL!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lucky bastid.
Good price.

I bought a "big 50" awhile back. Great for storing my chains and misc. tools.
Full or empty?
Inherited a wooden Browning M1917 ammo box the other day. Pristine condition.
Good find
Always negotiate....
Throw low, know what you will pay on a 3rd counter
Hear their counter
Toss one back below your max
Hear it yours or hear counter.
Throw a below max offer again

Save your max offer for your 3rd and last offer.

3 only or your diking around with a hard headed mofo at a yard sale of all places.

Walk away if your max 3rd offer aint accepted.
Do business elsewhere...

Be killing the mofo and you have a 50/50 chance of them saying ok its yours.

President Trump gave me this advice this morning during our 9am yard sale strategy discussion

LOL!
Originally Posted by 1minute
Full or empty?

Empty of course.
LOL!!!
Going to store your lawnmower parts in them? (grin)
Good deal, they are in good shape.

Needed a 50 a couple months ago, think it was $12.

Yard sale prices are partly value, partly entices, partly attitude.

Some old woman selling her husband's stuff, looks like $5 means something.
Sticker or better possibly.

Some snotty person in a fancy house, foreign car on the paved driveway?
I'm beating them down on an already good deal.

Profiling?

F'n A!
Nice KW.
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

7.62x 39 ammo.

Mower parts????

LOL!!!
Im a two offer slowly turn and walk away guy.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Im a two offer slowly turn and walk away guy.

Sometimes I use my jedi mind fugg hand motion on em on the sly.
They dont even know it. .
Lol!!!
These aren’t the ammo cans you are looking for!
Originally Posted by renegade50

President Trump gave me this advice this morning during our 9am yard sale strategy discussion

Classic Art of the Deal
If I buy 50 I can usually get the for 3-4 each
Empty of course.
LOL!!!

Had to ask as one never knows about yard sales. I though have never had the luck of picking up a double Rigby mistakenly thought to be Stevens 410 side by.

Had a program locally during a prolonged drought where ranchers could pick up military jet engine cases for water trough use. Fork lift loaded one in a pickup and it really sat her down in back. When he got home he had perfectly fine J57 Pratt and Whitney engine. Made a call and of course they wanted it back.
Thats a good price. You never know what you will find at yard sales.
Yesterday, my wife was on her way home from her second trip into town in 3 months and saw a guy putting up a garage sale sign on our rural county road. Stopped in and bought two almost new, high quality, 50' and 100' hoses and a nice metal nozzle for $10. I think she did ok.
Sometimes I use my jedi mind fugg hand motion on em on the sly.

Good snag! I garbage picked a Springfield Trapdoor bayonet once, they used it for a paint stirrer and threw it out.
I'll give you six...cash in hand. lol
Many yard & garage sales are great places to negotiate because usually the folks holding them have just cleaned out the basement, attic and garage and just want to get rid of that stuff. Back in the 70's I drove a garbage truck for a few years. We'd see a sign advertising a garage or yard sale coming up on the weekend, and the following week they'd be throwing out the stuff that didn't sell; with the price tags still on them.
I got my .50 cal. T/C Hawken for 35.00 at a garage sale. Looked like it was new/never fired. The old lady at the sale said it belonged to her deceased husband and it wasn't a real gun, just a wall decoration. The Lyman turret press that I've been using for years cost me 10.00 at a garage sale and my RCBS 505 scale was 15.00. The scale was still new in the box with paperwork.
they used to sell those at a local gunshow for 5 bucks. i would buy two on the way out every time. now i wish i had bought a few more. they are very handy for storing ammo of all things. plus they make a great flintlocker tote. everything i need to shoot my flinter except the gun fit in there.
I said 5 bucks.
He said 10
I said 7
He said they are yours.
Always handy to have....

Heading home..

No mowing. ..
Its pouring out now.
Their is a god!!!

LOL!!!

What do you do if a M2 is running to fast?
I remember 30 years ago when dudes were takin bitches out to eat and lowering their s-10 trucks, painting purple pearlescent ghost flames on the hood and buying MTX amps

Not me, I was buying ammo cans at Grandpas’s for $3 a pop

😃
Go geocaching....

Dump out the cache’s bubble gum machine trinkets and take the ammo cans

🤣
Mike and Frankie say you gotta bundle...

2 ammo cans, the 3 Folgers cans of Brad nails, golf ball retrieval pole. $10.
Those Folgers cans of brad nails are up for re-gifting.
I paid Uncle Sam exactly $0.00 to lug a few out of 29 Palms. Got a .50 and a 7.62 can
I pretty much quit stopping at yard sales when I stood back and looked at my place. I don’t need other peoples stuff to go with all my crap! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
I’ve got a couple of rocket cans too. Big fuggers like suit cases.
Originally Posted by philgood80
I paid Uncle Sam exactly $0.00 to lug a few out of 29 Palms. Got a .50 and a 7.62 can

I lugged a few out of 29 stumps myself! Picked up a dozen or so for 25 bucks last year at a garage sale. Dont need anymore!
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

7.62x 39 ammo.

Mower parts????

LOL!!!

grin
$7/ea in that condition..

Stealing.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I pretty much quit stopping at yard sales when I stood back and looked at my place. I don’t need other peoples stuff to go with all my crap! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Ain't that the truth. I pity the fool that has to clean up all my stuff when i am gone...
Gotta be careful about those call backs.

My brother requested some information on Cheyenne Mt for a project he was working on. When he opened the delivery, he found what appeared to be the entire schematics of the electrical system enclosed with the rest of it. He made a call....

"Don't worry about it", he was told.

When he got to work the next morning, the info pkg was laying on his desk - minus the electrical schematics.

Russians?
I said 5 bucks.
He said 10
I said 7
He said they are yours.
Always handy to have....

Heading home..

No mowing. ..
Its pouring out now.
Their is a god!!!

LOL!!!

Send me some rain....
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by philgood80

I lugged a few out of 29 stumps myself! Picked up a dozen or so for 25 bucks last year at a garage sale. Dont need anymore!

I figure it was a pretty good bit of bonus pay for having to spend any time there! Now they stay in the back of my Ranger and hold chains or tools.
When I was a lot younger, we put a car battery in one of the 50 cal boxes, drilled a hole and ran the wire out to a spot light.

Hand carried it around spotlighting coons at night.
Had a supply of the old 5.56, 30 and 50 cans that I figured would take care of me (2 bucks for the bigger can, 1.50 for the smaller).
I need some more but they are priced beyond what I am willing to pay.

Cheap ones came from two guys that bid on and bought a "LOT" of ammo cans . . .
In some auctions a "LOT" is LOT MORE than a pallet that they thought they had purchased.
Transportation and storage became an issue very quickly!
© 24hourcampfire