Home
If I could hunt with any 2 members it would be a draw between BC30cal and Judman for 1st and 2nd place.
I think either one of these guys would make the camp after the 1st and 2nd day at the camp fire a memorial thing to remember. I think I would go with BC30CAL first because he is my age and Jud is younger and would have time to hunt with him later. No offence to either man ,have a lot of respect for both and think it would be a hoot to hunt with either.
It has been a joy to watch Dewayne's (spelling) girls grow up in the 10 years I've been here, although my kids are older and.make me.feel older. Heck Judman has become a grandpa since I've been here. Even if he dont know it yet, as much as I loved my kids, grandkids is where i have felt the most love as an adult. What are the 2 you would hunt with? Thanks for the replies.
Fireball and Hasbeen1945
Rio7x2
stxhunter and deflave
Too many to list -
Kaywoodie.
Rockinbbar
RIO
Oldman03
milespatton
Ed toomanyletters
Curdog
etc.
already hunted with a couple of members!
Stxhunter....

Wish i met Mickey.
I would be honored to hunt with any of my fellow 'fire members.
There’s a lot of great guys on here that I’d be honored to hunt with. A few that jump to mind are DaveWv, Salmonella, BC30Cal, STX, Kamo, Remsen, TRH and many others.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Too many to list -
Kaywoodie.
Rockinbbar
RIO
Oldman03
milespatton
Ed toomanyletters
Curdog
etc.
already hunted with a couple of members!

)I would.hunt with each of these guys. Probably some
Of them twice or more
Why not drinking instead?
Judman and Shrapnel.
Depends on what I'm hunting.
RWE and ingwe would be fun

Kent
WyColoCowboy and Ingwe
Scenarshooter and JJ Hack
JB and Shrapnel.
Would be awsome.
Or perhaps diddler and suckass chuck and....whoops...I had two accidental discharges. ..
Nah, not even.
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Or perhaps diddler and suckass chuck and....whoops...I had two accidental discharges. ..
Nah, not even.

Hahaha.

Salmonella or GregW in general.

For mule deer, Sanbilly and Drummond.

Whitetails, Rio and JG.

Africa- JJ Hack.
GW
To hunt with and to try out every one of his Rifles.
One can dream
Shrapnel and Geedubya
1) Bradford O'Connor and 2)Phil Shoemaker. Both are older gentlemen and I would pack the gear but I would love the stories.
Hard to narrow down to just two..

The first few that come to mind would be Shrapnel, stxhunter, Huntsman, Kamo... hell the list goes on and on...
Don Trump Jnr and Birdwatcher
It would be a squirrel hunt, and it'd be INGWE and Phillip Nesmith.........
Gedubya, Bobski, Hook, Gunner500, Ingwe, J H , JCMCubic,S Zihn, ..............And any other Steyr M/S guys. There are several I didn't think of immediately. Be Well Guys, Rustyzipper.
I call dibs on Slumlord and Renegade!
Too many good guys here to pick just two....
I've hunted or fished with something like 40 or more members over the yrs, all have been great couldn't narrow it down to two.
Shoemaker and Barsness, off the top of my head, due to their expertise. All of the guys from the 'Fire I have had dealings with as well.
Scenarshooter
Sandbilly and Jag.
I think they got some skills in the terrian they hunt for mule deer.
Strike me as fair chase kinda guys.
Might have ta put 4 to 8 clicks of up on the elevation knob also.
Would have ta ask them if a dead on at 100 is GTG or a 1 to 2 inch high at 100 is better.
One of them would be dirtfarmer
Fieldgrade and Thomas Magnum.
Would be quite pleased to join any of the aforementioned around the campfire. We don’t hunt in a world down here the inspires hunting with another in the deep woods so I hunt by myself except for birds. I have one member that accompanies me on all hunting trips regardless.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Good choices.

Kent
Mainer in Alaska
As well said, lots of good guys here. I don't walk so good at 76, it think the idea was to be around with.

Well, if that's OK, I could hang with Mr Coleman and a particular NH Bob.
Bristoe and Birdwatcher.
I'd go hunt with deerstalker in north Idaho if I could get loose, and pigs in Tx with hanco.
Hanco and RockinB and gotta make room for Kaywoodie.
Ms Lynn and Gilligan
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've hunted or fished with something like 40 or more members over the yrs, all have been great couldn't narrow it down to two.

^^^This^^^

Would gladly add to the number though....
GRIZZ and fester.

Missed seeing Thomas again before he passed , we were to pick up crossfires dog from him and bring her back here to the farm but some un foreseen events prevented hat from happening. Lots of good folks have come through here.....
HitnRun and shrapnel. That would be an entertaining discussion about Custer. And how the 6.5 Creedmoor could have changed that battle.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
... I don't walk so good at 76....

Same here.
Originally Posted by okie

Missed seeing Thomas again before he passed , we were to pick up crossfires dog from him and bring her back here to the farm but some un foreseen events prevented hat from happening. Lots of good folks have come through here.....

I had forgot who was to get that dog, I regret the last time I saw Tom in person was when I picked that dog up, a tragic event.

Tom was one of my oldest friends I met from the internet, I didn't meet him here but from a local site. I had broke my leg elk hunting but was in charge of prizes for the Jr deer camp, Tom came over to my house to help with that.

He was top grade.

Kent
If it were a hunt to kill something, I stand by my first two picks of Senarshooter and JJ Hack.

If I could pick two members to go on the same hunt it would be Ingwe for the conversation and Stick to connect the dots!!
I can't think of any members I wouldn't. Some would need to refrain from political topics. wink There are some I would welcome the chance over others.
kawoodie with bp weapons or perhaps if he has one to loan a '95 in .303

too many others to choose from.

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE should choose me unless you want to just have a nice walk in the woods with your firearm, bow, or slingshot.

We will see plenty of game, just not what we have tags for. Does during buck season, elk during deer season, bulls while holding a cow tag, whitetail when we have mulie tags, javelina when we have elk tags. Story of my hunting life.

Again , DO NOT pick me.
Sitka Deer and Splattermatic....

OK- seriously, SD and JJ.

Or JB, Jag, and 100 others. smile
Waiting on someone to suggest Big Stick......... crazy
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Learn to read.
I see this thread as nothing more than a micro-aggression against Leroy Beans et al.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by okie

I had forgot who was to get that dog, I regret the last time I saw Tom in person was when I picked that dog up, a tragic event.

Tom was one of my oldest friends I met from the internet, I didn't meet him here but from a local site. I had broke my leg elk hunting but was in charge of prizes for the Jr deer camp, Tom came over to my house to help with that.

He was top grade.

Kent

We were moving a SIL to FT Irwin and were to swing by on our way back to see Thomas and pick her up. Tragic indeed.

Yes he was top grade. How is his son doing?
Scenarshooter
And
Greenhorn
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I see this thread as nothing more than a micro-aggression against Leroy Beans et al.

Did you notice that no one has picked any black members?

Coincidence? I think not.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

^^^^ This ^^^^

At the top of the list would to be able to call in a bobcat for Bob so he could kill it.....
Mackay Sagebrush and BGGruff. Or Atse and tinman for wolves. Or JB and Shrapnel. Or Deflave and Birdwatcher. hard to decide. Or scenarshooter and saddlesore.

mike r
Originally Posted by deflave

Learn to read.

Sorry I mentioned just one. Ok, waiting on someone to suggest Big Stick and deflave.
Saddlesore and Dober, in case he was still lurking here.
A trip with Mr and Mrs Mule Deer would be nice!!
Try the 8th grade again. It’ll be easier this time.

Originally Posted by smokepole

BC30 cal, because he's the most consistent pleasant fellow on the forum.

I'd love to share a campfire with Saddlesore too.
I think sharing a campfire with curdog4570 would be a fine experience.
Sob, sniff, I'm left out. laugh

Spending time within earshot doing anything with 5sdad would keep you in stitches.
BobinNH and GregW

😎
No contest: slumlord and renegade 50
358wsm, a son whom I love.
Dwayne, a man whom I respect.
Skane, wouldn’t suck.

😎
Interesting thought. Geedubya and Huntsman22 would be on top of my list.....always love their contributions!
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Try the 8th grade again. It’ll be easier this time.

Originally Posted by smokepole

Try going down to Walmart and purchasing a sense of humor. I'm sure they have one that'll fit.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Skane, wouldn’t suck.

😎

Maybe you weren't his type.

I'd hunt or fish with him.
If I could, I'd bring Qtip back for one more hunt together, but alas, he's in that Happy Hunting Ground in the sky !!!!

2nd choice would be Roundoak, on his farm, not out west. He's a good guy, his property is incredible and his whitetails are on steroids !!!!!!

Garry
Skane, wouldn’t suck.

😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😎
Safariman and Asphalt angel, I'll just bring a camera............
BobinNH and Allen Day.

Or Dober.
Aren’t you being a little hard on the Beaver, Ward?

Skane, wouldn’t suck.

😎

Originally Posted by 12344mag

You're a sick puppy!

There's help out there.... grin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I'd drink with ya Jim !

grin

WHAT! I thought sure you’d pick me and Mark!
That really hurts Toby!
GregW & dvdgeorge;

Man's gotta eat, drink & enjoy the company too !
Dober & Fieldgrade
Skane, wouldn’t suck.

😎

Truff dat.

Scott & his dad !
If I was allowed a month to get pizz fit, I'd pick Jud n Frud !
I want to go shooting with Stick, so I can drop and throw his expensive stuff around. We can take turns. I'll pat his bald head. It'll be fun.
As far as hunting, Bob. And Shrap.
Many people don't realize it, but cattle is some of the most challenging hunting you'll ever find. I'd like to go with this brave hero, a guy who proudly stands up to bovine intimidation and prevails.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd ask Jud to join us, since I know he's also a fan of hunting dangerous animals.
Originally Posted by Remsen
Many people don't realize it, but cattle is some of the most challenging hunting you'll ever find. I'd like to go with this brave hero, a guy who proudly stands up to bovine intimidation and prevails.

I'd ask Jud to join us, since I know he's also a fan of hunting dangerous animals.

LMAO I heard he nearly lost his life on that wild adventure

I’d go with Paddler and Beany boy preferably in an area with lots of mine shafts lol

They eat better than deer......
I killed plenty of beef with a 22 before I was old enough to big game hunt.

Kent
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

I'd drink with ya Jim !

grin

Oh my.....back on the wagon currently!

And some lotion

Haha
Originally Posted by DeadHead

I’d go with Paddler and Beany boy preferably in an area with lots of mine shafts lol

Not being familiar with photos of all the members, I have no clue who that is.

Having said so, I've seen a few cows I'd not like to mess with out in the "woods".

I think there's a few up around the Fort Apache Indian Reservation that were born in the mountains and have never seen a roundup. They're not very nice critters
I've played hide and seek with a few bulls in the woods. Once in Colorado my brother and I were crossing a meadow to fish a creek when a herd decided to stampede us, we ran like he'll and barely made to creek and trees.

Kent
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Having said so, I've seen a few cows I'd not like to mess with out in the "woods".

I think there's a few up around the Fort Apache Indian Reservation that were born in the mountains and have never seen a roundup. They're not very nice critters

It’s sharp things the traveling high fence adventure bow hunter. Agreed bulls can be dangerous but in his write up he made it seem like he was hunting elephant with a spear. Even said some other hunter was killed by one right before he got there which was never verified
Mule Deer and either Shrapnal or Dogzapper.

I don't care about the hunting part so much, unless we were in Africa, but would enjoy sitting around the campfire and listening to their stories.
I have hunted or fished with at least a hundred posters here and most turned out well. Have hunts planned for this fall with a couple, repeats.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I believe that is Did It To Himself guy.
Thanks Deadhead

I'd drink with ya Jim !

grin

Careful, that sumbich will lure you in and before you know it your stackin' hay and feedin' cattle!!
I am looking forward to fishing with Gilbert16.
Couldn’t narrow to two, lot of guys I’d hunt with
Choosing only 2, that would be hard to do.

Over the years, I've been fortunate to hunt with several 'fire members. Quite a few others I wouldn't mind sharing a campfire with.

you should do that.......................soon

That boy is gonna skool you on fishin' gramps.
I’m thinking Barry and David.
Know for sure Barry and I will get to go shooting as soon as I can visit my friend Ralph who lives close to Barry.
Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Know for sure Barry and I will get to go shooting as soon as I can visit my friend Ralph who lives close to Barry.
Hasbeen

That's right.

Wait til it's summer, and hottern' hell!

laugh

Look forward to it!
Huntsman22 & Muledeer, there are so many others also!
Hasbeen

Is that Ralph guy the funny looking one with the harelip?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hasbeen

That's right.

Wait til it's summer, and hottern' hell!

laugh

Look forward to it!

just don't ride in the back of Ralph's truck when he's after blues.

Hunting a dangerous cow in some of the wildest habit imaginable is beyond my abilities, both mentally and physically.

Please take out a life insurance rider policy on yourself before committing to this suicidal hunt.

Blessings and prayers sent.

Brother Beav

😎
My buddies and I were archery elk hunting in colorado, we set up the trailers on the edge of a meadow, there was a herd of cattle ranging around it. One buddy had been to town and bought a flat of peaches from a roadside stand, put them on his outside table and went hunting for the afternoon. I got back and there was peach pits all over the place and manure footprints all over his outside carpet... damn cows had eaten all the peaches and spit the pits around his trailer... it was funny as hell.

He comes back and is pissed, the cows are still close grazing so he says, I'm going to blunt them MFers... he grabs what he thinks is an arrow with a blunt and draws back.

I see it's not a blunt but a broadhead and start yelling... STOP... he finally let's off and asks what... that's a broadhead... chit.

It was close for us having a dead cow in camp.

Kent
Formidilosususus and CumminsidemeCowboy

Or

John Burns and Big Stick

What a time we would have!
Ive only been on this site for a few months now so dont know for sure. Who in Alaska would like to hunt with me?
I would love to hunt with Luv2Safari & his bird dogs.
Battue & Big Stick.
Originally Posted by AZmark
Ive only been on this site for a few months now so dont know for sure. Who in Alaska would like to hunt with me?

Walter Maslen would probably hunt with you........
Far too many folks here at the “fire”, to narrow it down to two. Though, I could probably get it down to a dozen or so. I think that the bigger question would be......who could tolerate the heavily opinionated, sometimes sarcastic, low tolerance for BS, non -drinking, ass that I am. grin Plus, I would have great difficulty “not” getting into politics..... which would likely ruin a budding friendship! whistle memtb

Wasn't there a Maverick something guy from alaska, russian brides and always telling me he knew more about hunting Az than me?

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Wasn't there a Maverick something guy from alaska, russian brides and always telling me he knew more about hunting Az than me?

Kent

Sounds like a real jackass, Probably Walters brother. wink
If Sammo wears his aviators, I'd let him share my tent.
Tall order, lots of good guys here, but suffice it to say I've hunted with two of the good ones here, Hatari and Pugs..
My sanity was brought into question when coworkers found out that I hunted with a fire member, although truth be told, at the time, neither of us were fire members..............
I've already hunted with a pile of them.

I'd hunt with most of you. The ones of you that I wouldn't probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place.
Forgot about Kent (krp) !!
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Funniest stuff he posted, IMO, was the goofy notion some here have of loading an 870 with slugs and buckshot alternating for bear back-up...
frogmam definitely. he is the only member i have met . fieldgrade would have been an honor . prob. quite a few of the members of the fire.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Funniest stuff he posted, IMO, was the goofy notion some here have of loading an 870 with slugs and buckshot alternating for bear back-up...

Iguess I should "Be careful what you ask for"
Originally Posted by tzone
I've already hunted with a pile of them.

I'd hunt with most of you. The ones of you that I wouldn't probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place.

See !! I told you , you shouldn’t own a gun Toby!!!
Forgot about Kent (krp) !!

Yes!

I’ve hunted with some awesome members. But if I had to pick two I haven’t hunted with it would be krp and Mudhen.
Hunt? That would be just fine, I'd like to sit on a pile of Bob's dusty old books, smell that pipe, and listen to him talk! laugh
Hunt? That would be just fine, I'd like to sit on a pile of Bob's dusty old books, smell that pipe, and listen to him talk! laugh

You might be in for major disappointments.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If Ingwe wore that leotard he could share Paddlers tent.
I'd like to see Gunner share a tall Texas Tower deer blind for a bit with any of those lieberal corksuckers.
I've already hunted with Northern Dave and Tzone and will again.

I would like to hunt with Skane and Roundoak someday.
Originally Posted by add
Battue & Big Stick.

HAHAHAHAHA!
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If Ingwe wore that leotard he could share Paddlers tent.

Like two cubs in a cold cave...

Kent
Mike Werner and Stick...
© 24hourcampfire