Home
Posted By: EthanEdwards Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
The first "Civil War" came about IMO, when Yankees invaded Kansas and started attacking so-called "pro-slavery" people in the territory and also in Missouri. They won that round because Kansas, nominally southern, fell to them by about 1859. Terrorism continued with John Brown attacking the Federal arsenal at Harper's Ferry. Then Lincoln would not evacuate a southern territory after the Confederacy declared independence and initiated a war now called "Civil" but in actuality an invasion of another country. He prosecuted it successfully and then when Lincoln himself didn't have the stomach for crushing the South even more under "Reconstruction" he was taken out and his replacement impeached. The ones behind the scenes finally got what they wanted, the South as an economic colony to be raped and pillaged for monies always headed to the big boys. What was the motivation? Outwardly, just as today, Black Lives Matter. In reality, just like the Bible says, "the love of money". Today just like then, a few big boys reap a huge reward by disguising their movement in humanitarian terms. Just like then, a cabal of useful WHITE idiots run the show for them and blacks are recruited for further window dressing.

So is it really a second Civil War or did the first one never end?
Posted By: BobMt Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The first "Civil War" came about IMO, when Yankees invaded Kansas and started attacking so-called "pro-slavery" people in the territory and also in Missouri. They won that round because Kansas, nominally southern, fell to them by about 1859. Terrorism continued with John Brown attacking the Federal arsenal at Harper's Ferry. Then Lincoln would not evacuate a southern territory after the Confederacy declared independence and initiated a war now called "Civil" but in actuality an invasion of another country. He prosecuted it successfully and then when Lincoln himself didn't have the stomach for crushing the South even more under "Reconstruction" he was taken out and his replacement impeached. The ones behind the scenes finally got what they wanted, the South as an economic colony to be raped and pillaged for monies always headed to the big boys. What was the motivation? Outwardly, just as today, Black Lives Matter. In reality, just like the Bible says, "the love of money". Today just like then, a few big boys reap a huge reward by disguising their movement in humanitarian terms. Just like then, a cabal of useful WHITE idiots run the show for them and blacks are recruited for further window dressing.

2cd......this time team up with the north and you will win.......bob
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by BobMt

Never happen. Team North=Snowflake radical ANTIFA types.

they are the only ones throwing down any violence ......bob
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Ethan is right... no offense to you Northern guys of good intent, but the north has far more baggage than it does have bang.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
but in actuality an invasion of another country.

The southern gentleman would breed his negros in the evening after a nice dinner. Did the lady of the house partake as well? I have heard stories that house servants looked a lot like their owners.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Hahaha!

Too funny.

The original dindus.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Ethan is right... no offense to you Northern guys of good intent, but the north has far more baggage than it does have bang.

has any statues been torn down in the south....bob
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Alternate history is always...interesting.

mike r

Yes... down and out.

Y'all have 10s of millions of living breathing Lincoln monuments to feed, cloth and shelter daily... like I said... more baggage than bang.

Yes... down and out.

Y'all have 10s of millions of living breathing Lincoln monuments to feed, cloth and shelter daily... like I said... more baggage than bang.

Yes... down and out.

you guys dont pay for that also?.....anyway i am not from the north...or the south....couldn't pay me to live in either.....it should be you're two guys problem...but you dragged the rest of us into it ....bob

Yes... down and out.

you guys dont pay for that also?.....anyway i am not from the north...or the south....couldn't pay me to live in either.....it should be you're two guys problem...but you dragged the rest of us into it ....bob

I'm not dragging anybody into anything...

You also kind of seem like a professional victim claiming somehow or other I personally brought this crap on you.

Never been a big fan of funding other people's stupid chit.

Maybe you should just start over from the beginning with much less emotion. You seem like you're getting fairly misty and moist.
Better get to rising!
I kind of liked the Mississippi Flag.

Guess the Republicans in the State house didn't.

Crazy Yankees.

Which brings about the question:

Did southern gentlemens breed their slaves from the front, or the rear? Logic says, no running water or toilet paper in them days, would make the smell from the rear impossible without a clothes pin on your nose.

So did kissing happen once passion was achieved?

If southern women also partook; did they accept from front or rear?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Crazy Yankees.

Yah, them goofy northern southerns.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Crazy Yankees.

I hear you, but where to this craziness start? Yankeeville.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Sweet, looks like we'll be having another boomer/conrad black cock/jew love fest.

Always fun to watch.
Why just roll over?

Was the flag less important than good ole greenbacks? Northern greenbacks no less?
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
The first "Civil War" on this continent didn't start in 1859, it started in 1776. The British Loyalists were fighting British Colonial Independents. The second "Civil War" on this continent involved federal supremacists fighting States' rights advocates. If you get the basic facts right, the BS aspects of the narratives thrown around evaporate away like so much dew.
Prior to the FDA and pre confederacy, was there much drug use in the south? Opiates or flaka from china?

Crazy Yankees.

The battle flag of the ANV has always seemed slightly odd to me on the Mississippi flag. But it was well before my time and I didn't pay a whole lot of attention sticking my nose in other people's business.

The real challenge that I see for folks up in the Midwest, Rockies and Montana is all the liberal money in California or New York or Chicago that can sweep in and buy up towns in the blink of an eye.

Some liberal Hollywood schmuck could just zip into a wonderful place like Denver... buy it up and turn it into a real s*** hole.

Same thing could happen with cities like Minneapolis or States like Montana. The folks in Hollywood have more money in 8 city blocks than the whole state of Montana is worth... and I reckon they really want to live there something bad after Brokebutt Mountain or whatever it was that was all the buzz a few years back.

The thing about West Virginia or the South... not a damn person in the world wants to live here except those of us that do.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

What about Atlanta, New Orleans, Baton Rouge and the other blue controlled cities in the south? No disrespect, I have always liked the south.
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

What about Atlanta, New Orleans, Baton Rouge and the other blue controlled cities in the south? No disrespect, I have always liked the south.

Great point and no disrespect taken. Without a doubt the South has chitholes also... I reckon every where does except maybe Bilbo Baggins Shire?

Only point I ever tried to make is that Northern states... because they're mostly cities... have more inherited baggage to carry.

More regulations, more taxes (of every possible sort) and more ticks on the hound dog.

Anyone anywhere is welcome to carry anybody they want.

I personally am not willing to travel to Baltimore and argue with politicians, people or ticks on a hound dog that think I'm wrong.

People should always do whatever you think is best
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Crazy Yankees.

The battle flag of the ANV has always seemed slightly odd to me on the Mississippi flag. But it was well before my time and I didn't pay a whole lot of attention sticking my nose in other people's business.

The real challenge that I see for folks up in the Midwest, Rockies and Montana is all the liberal money in California or New York or Chicago that can sweep in and buy up towns in the blink of an eye.

Some liberal Hollywood schmuck could just zip into a wonderful place like Denver... buy it up and turn it into a real s*** hole.

Same thing could happen with cities like Minneapolis or States like Montana. The folks in Hollywood have more money in 8 city blocks than the whole state of Montana is worth... and I reckon they really want to live there something bad after Brokebutt Mountain or whatever it was that was all the buzz a few years back.

The thing about West Virginia or the South... not a damn person in the world wants to live here except those of us that do.

Heat, humidity, hurricanes and tropical storms, 11 different kinds of venomous snakes, brown recluse and black widows, chiggers, fire ants, palmetto bugs, roaches, kudzu, feral hogs, "mountains" that are all of 5000' tall and snowcapped for about 6 days a year, floods, gators in some places, pythons, iguanas, did I mention heat and humidty?

Yep, sure enough, lots of city folks, from the West especially, want to move Down South instead of Montana.

Oh, I forgot the added attraction of slumlord and renegade50. eek
Posted By: EastMS Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Why just roll over?

Was the flag less important than good ole greenbacks? Northern greenbacks no less?

When the big corporations started pushing for the flag change 90% of the Republicans in the House and Senate changed sides quick.

The only loyalty any of them have is to money. They should all wear suits with sponsorship patches like the NASCAR, so you can tell who owns them.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Crazy Yankees.

Heat, humidity, hurricanes and tropical storms, 11 different kinds of venomous snakes, brown recluse and black widows, chiggers, fire ants, palmetto bugs, roaches, kudzu, feral hogs, "mountains" that are all of 5000' tall and snowcapped for about 6 days a year, floods, gators in some places, pythons, iguanas, did I mention heat and humidty?

"Come look Ma... that fella there... he has a PH&D in Snowflake."
I guess its time then.

Get to rising. You have all you need.

Crazy Yankees.

"What? He's afraid of an iguana?"

Crazy Yankees.

Yep, something like that.

Crazy Yankees.

"What? He's afraid of an iguana?"

Nope, it ain't the iguana.

It's them dang tornadoes.

We'll keep the regular earthquakes and the occasional volcanic eruption.....................but them dang tornadoes are scary. Brings back memories of Dorothy and Toto.
Dorothy & Toto... now that's funny.

And those damn flying monkeys... I was terrified of those things as a kid.

Wish there was a safari for flying monkeys... I'd pay bigly.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Ah yes...I'm getting a visual. Old Groids down by the big muddy singing. "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen"... That old negroid spiritual as sung by's dem old nigroids...
Not sure about a safari, but them fuggers gave me nightmares when I was about five and first saw that movie.

For all I know, my folks threatened to send for them when I was being a little a-hole kid.

Threatened a bunch of times to sell me to the Gypsies, so why not call the flying monkeys?
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Ah yes...I'm getting a visual. Old Groids down by the big muddy singing. "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen"... That old negroid spiritual as sung by's dem old nigroids...

Sing it Leroy... sing it.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

Great point and no disrespect taken. Without a doubt the South has chitholes also... I reckon every where does except maybe Bilbo Baggins Shire?

Only point I ever tried to make is that Northern states... because they're mostly cities... have more inherited baggage to carry.

More regulations, more taxes (of every possible sort) and more ticks on the hound dog.

Anyone anywhere is welcome to carry anybody they want.

I personally am not willing to travel to Baltimore and argue with politicians, people or ticks on a hound dog that think I'm wrong.

People should always do whatever you think is best

You are correct, lots of baggage up here.
Darkies down by the river..." Had I known things were going to get this bad...I'd a picked my own cotton..."
Posted By: jimy Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Your future looks bright ! laugh The small ones are such Lil darlins !

Posted By: joken2 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Yes... down and out.

I'm not dragging anybody into anything...

You also kind of seem like a professional victim claiming somehow or other I personally brought this crap on you.

Never been a big fan of funding other people's stupid chit.

Maybe you should just start over from the beginning with much less emotion. You seem like you're getting fairly misty and moist.

that's it?...…..emotion.....none...just get a kick how the south is gonna rise up again and set things straight.....truth is I think we are all fuuckked…….bob
Originally Posted by jimy

I don't how people can live around trash like that....bob
Hey, they brought 'em!
where I was raised in So Cal the whites were the minority even in the 60's and 70's I got into many a fight with soul brothers. I was one of the few white boys who would fight back. I figured I'm getting my azz kicked any way so I may as well get my licks in. One thing I learned was if you just haul off and hit a groid in the mouth, 3 out of five times they would start crying. One thing I also noticed at least back in the early 1970's if you are confronted by a group of black dudes they had the decency to have at you one at a time. Not like Mexicans. Mexicans would swarm you all at once. If your are having you azz handed to you by a black dude, they would to talk to you whilst whooping your azz...

She's one the southern gentleman would most likely breed from the front.
...just get a kick how the south is gonna rise up again and set things straight.....truth is I think we are all fuuckked…….bob

I don't think I said anything about the south rising up alone, I think what I said was we were not interested in banding up with the north because the north carries much too much damn baggage. Please feel free to quote me if you read anything different than that.

As for the second part of your statement about us all being fugged...

Never in my life would have thought Virginia would get bought out by Bloomberg... but here we are. By land mass 98% of the state is bright red but that means nothing. My speculation is Texas will be the next to fall and Montana within 10 years.

I don't how people can live around trash like that....bob

That is a fact, I never intend to step foot in a city like that again.
...just get a kick how the south is gonna rise up again and set things straight.....truth is I think we are all fuuckked…….bob

I don't think I said anything about the south rising up alone, I think what I said was we were not interested in banding up with the north because the north carries much too much damn baggage. Please feel free to quote me if you read anything different than that.

Never in my life would have thought Virginia would get bought out by Bloomberg... but here we are. By land mass 98% of the state is bright red but that means nothing. My speculation is Texas will be the next to fall and Montana within 10 years.

not really directed at you …...10 years Montana?....you probably are being extra generous…..bob

not really directed at you …...10 years Montana?....you probably are being extra generous…..bob

I used to fight forest fires there all the time, it was solid as granite back then... but who knows about anything anymore.

We own in a bunch of mountain land in West Virginia absolutely no one is interested in moving to West Virginia. Life is just too hard.

There are only two jokes about West Virginia, the rest are true. I keep telling people that. Hopefully it keeps them away for a bit longer.
I was born in West By God... I reckon that makes me a Yankee...
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Quit misspelling the word- - - - -it's "damyankee"- - - - -and it has been for 150 years or more!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Quit misspelling the word- - - - -it's "damyankee"- - - - -and it has been for 150 years or more!

We always say here that a Yankee is anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line, while a "damn Yankee" is one that's moved here.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
All that was needed to not have a civil war was for the north to not attack.It is just that simple.By attacking they lit a fire.As it was when Japan bombed Pearl harbor everyone enlisted to fight the Japs.When the north attacked everyone joined to fight the yankees.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
There is nothing quite as pathetic as an old Southerner still fighting the Civil War. Never forget Andersonville!
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
I see we're back to a bunch of butt hurt, whiney rebs still pissin and moanin about those damn yankees. Funny the same dumb fuucks will be bitching about the boo's still being butt hurt because their great, great, great, grandpappy was a slave. Well here's some news for you, no "yankees" or any "rebs" who are alive today had a damn thing to do with the civil war either. And it sounds to me like you holy southerners have more damn baggage yourselves than I'd want to deal with. Meaning we don't have boo's everywhere you look around here and I don't want to. In fact there are no blacks at all in my home town and only 1.18% of the population in the whole County is black. I don't care to be ass deep in Mexicans or sweating my balls off every day for ten months of the year either. "Baggage" indeed. I'm afraid You've got plenty of that yourselves and it's not very attractive.
Yankees like to lie about it and we like to correct them.They keep calling it "The Civil War". It was "The War of Northern Aggression".
Originally Posted by jdm953
Yankees like to lie about it and we like to correct them.They keep calling it "The Civil War". It was "The War of Northern Aggression".
Doesn't matter. You weren't involved in it and neither was any yankee alive today.
Posted By: deflave Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Isn’t the Yankee’s inherent zeal the reason they won the war?

Most southerners I’ve met were either lazy or black.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I see we're back to a bunch of butt hurt, whiney rebs still pissin and moanin about those damn yankees. Funny the same dumb fuucks will be bitching about the boo's still being butt hurt because their great, great, great, grandpappy was a slave. Well here's some news for you, no "yankees" or any "rebs" who are alive today had a damn thing to do with the civil war either. And it sounds to me like you holy southerners have more damn baggage yourselves than I'd want to deal with. Meaning we don't have boo's everywhere you look around here and I don't want to. In fact there are no blacks at all in my home town and only 1.18% of the population in the whole County is black. I don't care to be ass deep in Mexicans or sweating my balls off every day for ten months of the year either. "Baggage" indeed. I'm afraid You've got plenty of that yourselves and it's not very attractive.

laugh
D'oh!

Haha!

I dont know if I have ever met one. Probably.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by JamesJr
We always say here that a Yankee is anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line, while a "damn Yankee" is one that's moved here.

yankee:- - - - -comes south on vacation,. spends lots of money- - - - -goes home in a couple of weeks.

damyankee:- - - - - -comes south to visit- - - - -discovers we don't measure snow by the yard- - - -decides to stay.

damyankee azzole:- - - - -comes south to visit- - - -stays- - - -marries one of our women who is too ugly and/or bitchy to snag a real man!
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Your side lost. Our side won. Who cares now?
Doesn't matter. You weren't involved in it and neither was any yankee alive today.

Just history.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by deflave

Most southerners I’ve met were lazy and black.

Fixt it fer ya.
KC is what, 30% black? That must really burn.
Posted By: blanket Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

ya Atlanta is in New York
I don't think it'll be the North against the South. You gotdamn yankees better hope it ain't. 😁😁
Originally Posted by mirage243

Fixt it fer ya.
I've always heard the white ones are lazy too.
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
Must be something yanks like about the south, as there is a steady stream of them pouring in here, mostly from NY, NJ, and OH. Wouldn't mind it so much if they wouldn't immediately set about working to make it just like the place they left.

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

Aren’t you on unemployment?

Fixt it fer ya.

Shut up bitch, where you from?
He’s a Cuomo Cock.

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

That would be none of your bisiness. The fact is I've been working longer than your punk ass has been alive. At this point I don't think I'm going back to work. I think it's called retirement and I think I've earned it.

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

That would be none of your bisiness. The fact is I've been working longer than your punk ass has been alive. At this point I don't think I'm going back to work. I think it's called retirement and I think I've earned it.

I’ll take that as a solid “yes.”

LOL
He’s a Cuomo Cock.
You're a useless clown boy.
He’s a Cuomo Cock.

What kind of loser lives in Cuomo’ville his whole life?

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

I’ll take that as a solid “yes.”

LOL
My old lady's back to work. Ain't that enough ?
This might turn into a wrastling thread!
No.

You’re lazy.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

So you are on the tit?
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

So you are on the tit?

I smelled a welfare groid a long time ago.

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

So you are on the tit?

Lord, I’m picturing an old unshaven curmudgeon wearing boxers and a wife beater daily. Probably changes them once every three days. Cash that unemployment plus $600 , baby.
As soon as you said the word zeal everybody started to squeal like a damn Ned Beatty fest.

You have mighty powers...
He’s a Cuomo Cock.

I've been all across this Country from coast to coast and never found anyplace I like better than right here.

Fixt it fer ya.

Blackbart,

So you are on the tit?

Never been on welfare in my life nor am I a groid. My employer was shut down due to the virus and I'm not going back. I'm 59 years old next month, am completely debt free and have enough saved to retire. I may get a part time job in the future but am done working for now.
Yeah? I didn't know you weren't going back to work at the gun shop.

Congrats on your retirement.
He’s a Cuomo Cock.

I've been all across this Country from coast to coast and never found anyplace I like better than right here.

That makes you a loser.

I'm fuuckin sick of working on guns. Sick of working period. It's time to relax.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20
No they didnt quit, they moved to Missouri and started BLM. There are no yankees anymore, their democrats!
He’s a Cuomo Cock.

That makes you a loser.
Living in Florida makes you a loser bitch.

I'm fuuckin sick of working on guns. Sick of working period. It's time to relax.

What does a gunsmith in Cuomoville make? You must have at least 200 bucks in your nest egg. 😁

What does a gunsmith in Cuomoville make? You must have at least 200 bucks in your nest egg. 😁
I didn't always work on guns.
The food does sound pretty good in Florida.

Oh yea, I forgot. You are a big Wall St expert.

Really ? like what ? We just had ribeyes and baked potatoes on the grill. Tough to beat as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

and the women and the fishing.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

I guess it all depends what you consider 'The North'.

Oh yea, I forgot. You are a big Wall St expert.
Nope but I was DAMN GOOD at living cheap and not wasting money on frivolous shyt all my life.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/29/20

Except it was the South that fired on Ft Sumter.
A ribeye isn’t bad . Filets are da bizzzzzomb.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I think I would like the swamps and such.

Wonder if I could park a single wide out there?
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Swamps got bugs you know nothing about out there in Montana.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

I think a double wide would look good on you.
I prefer the flavor, texture and marbling of a ribeye cooked on the grill.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Again, getting back on topic. The Northern people were conned into thinking they were going down to free the slaves. Since when has big business gas about anything but the bottom line and back then even you could either call the government big business or say it was owned and you'd be correct either way. The snowflakes are modern Yankees no matter where they hale from. They are conned into thinking they're standing up for blacks when they're doing nothing other than the bidding of a bunch of big businessmen, same as the ones who sponsored the War Between the States/Civil War/War of Northern Aggression or whatever you want to call it. Terrorism preceded the actual war. The similarities here are striking.

Funny that some get their panties in a wad over the word "Yankees". Reminds me of something. Some group of folks...
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
You do know where Fort Sumter is dont you.The occupying forces were told to leave or be thrown out.The choice was theirs.
Again, getting back on topic. The Northern people were conned into thinking they were going down to free the slaves. Since when has big business gas about anything but the bottom line and back then even you could either call the government big business or say it was owned and you'd be correct either way. The snowflakes are modern Yankees no matter where they hale from. They are conned into thinking they're standing up for blacks when they're doing nothing other than the bidding of a bunch of big businessmen, same as the ones who sponsored the War Between the States/Civil War/War of Northern Aggression or whatever you want to call it. Terrorism preceded the actual war. The similarities here are striking.

Funny that some get their panties in a wad over the word "Yankees". Reminds me of something. Some group of folks...

I’m waiting for the next part . Interesting indeed

Happy Trails

Bob
I prefer the flavor, texture and marbling of a ribeye cooked on the grill.

A T-bone isn’t bad either. The dog likes the bone afterward.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
You do know where Fort Sumter is dont you.The occupying forces were told to leave or be thrown out.The choice was theirs.

Semantics. The South still fired the first shots. They didnt fire on the Federal troops in the coastal Forts in Louisiana. They seized the Forts and made POW's of the Federal troops. So yes, the Confederacy chose to fire on Sumter. That's where the aggression began. Not with Lincoln calling up 75,000 volunteers to put down the rebellion.
Posted By: jimy Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

How did Gettysburg turn out for ya'll ? Kinda made for a long walk home those that those of whom the Yankees didn't kill .
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
If you talk to the losers, it's still going on!
Originally Posted by moosemike

Semantics. The South still fired the first shots. They didnt fire on the Federal troops in the coastal Forts in Louisiana. They seized the Forts and made POW's of the Federal troops. So yes, the Confederacy chose to fire on Sumter. That's where the aggression began. Not with Lincoln calling up 75,000 volunteers to put down the rebellion.

They fired on trespassers (invaders).
Posted By: deflave Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

You ain’t seen mosquitoes.

Wrong. The Federal troops had not invaded. They just had not left when SC seceded.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

How did Gettysburg turn out for ya'll ? Kinda made for a long walk home those that those of whom the Yankees didn't kill .

You think Gettysburg is something to be proud of?

Nevermind, all ya"ll back east or wherever can work it out.
I was actually just at Gettysburg. But I only live an hour from there. I've been at 5 battlefields in the last week and a half.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Why yes, yes I do, its a beautiful place !

Why yes, yes I do, its a beautiful place !

It is beautiful. The countryside is lovely

Wrong. The Federal troops had not invaded. They just had not left when SC seceded.

I got a laugh out of that one.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

You are being an a hole. Gettysburg took a huge toll on both sides.

Both sides can point to instances of great success and terrible failures.
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy. But that was before my people ever got here. Carry-on.
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.

I'm shocked about how many Mississippians I've been hearing say they're happy about the flag change
I'm not even happy about the flag change. But I wasn't happy when SC changed theirs either
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
I'm not even happy about the flag change. But I wasn't happy when SC changed theirs either

We didn't change our flag, they just took the stars and bars off of the state house.
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver

We didn't change our flag, they just took the stars and bars off of the state house.

Gotcha. I forgot how that went
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

You are being an a hole. Gettysburg took a huge toll on both sides.

Both sides can point to instances of great success and terrible failures.

Someone made a mistake, by invading the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, it was the last mistake that man made. A little while back someone was talking about invaders , we had some and we ran them off and killed those who wouldn't , the same thing will happen if we are invaded again .
The only mistake that man made was not prosecuting the war in the north in the same manner as his counterpart did in the south. Had he burned/pilllaged/raped his way in and out, the story would likely have been different. Lee knew how to win battles, but he didn't understand what it takes to win a war.
The only mistake that man made was not prosecuting the war in the north in the same manner as his counterpart did in the south. Had he burned/pilllaged/raped his way in and out, the story would likely have been different. Lee knew how to win battles, but he didn't understand what it takes to win a war.

The main mistake Lee made was even attacking the Union fishhook at Gettysburg at all. Longstreet was right. It didn't make sense

That and charging across an open field and up a hillside into the face of cannon fire, time and time again has been found to be a failed policy ! smile

Maybe if they had brought another 10 thousand men , we might have run out of cannon balls ! laugh

Hows NASCAR treating ya ? wink
Lee wasn't on his game at Gettysburg. And neither was Longstreet
Lee was arrogant at Gettysburg, and made serious tactical errors. And yes, the whole war basically boiled down to manpower and technology being on the side of the union. However, had Lee not been the "honorable" man that he was, and sought to wage war on the civilians of the union, things could have been different. Personally, I will always be a proud southerner, but I am glad the south lost. I don't think we would have had near the freedoms we do now, however fleeting they may be, under the rule of the CSA.
Lee was arrogant at Gettysburg, and made serious tactical errors. And yes, the whole war basically boiled down to manpower and technology being on the side of the union. However, had Lee not been the "honorable" man that he was, and sought to wage war on the civilians of the union, things could have been different. Personally, I will always be a proud southerner, but I am glad the south lost. I don't think we would have had near the freedoms we do now, however fleeting they may be, under the rule of the CSA.

Jubal Early wasn't so kind. He burned down Chambersburg PA
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Funny how all it takes is 1 or 2 wetting their pants liberal to get that done.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Yep, Minneapolis, Newark, St Louis, Baltimore, Philly, Chitcago, Detroit,.....

You go, bro. Yer tha winner. Ya won them fair an square. Now yer making the South follow suit and you call it progress. Yeah. Good luck fuggin America up.
Your cities suck more.... Phucqk!
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

Milk River Valley..........................
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

What the phucqk are you talking about? Gawd you're going looney.

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad

The little fuggers will bleed you dry and carry you away.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Land's End, SC in August when deer season fires up on the 15th.

My mosquito dick might be bigger than your mosquito dick.... (hahaha!)
I've never seen a city anywhere that didn't suck. The main reason I try to stay the fuuck away from them.
Alaska is where the real ones are. And timberline in the Oregon Cascades. And the Great Basin. Mosquitoes suck and suck and suck.
Actually its Hinsdale Montana.
Alaska is where the real ones are. And timberline in the Oregon Cascades. And the Great Basin. Mosquitoes suck and suck and suck.
Lots of em in Minnesota too. All that water is mosquito breeding grounds.
I'm glad we're all getting along tonight. Hate, (of mosquitoes,) brought us together.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Originally Posted by the first superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy
You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by renegade50

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

Damn, that's a pile of Negroes. The little niglets are learning how to act all kneegery at an early age too..........lol.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

Damn, that's a pile of Negroes. The little niglets are learning how to act all kneegery at an early age too..........lol.

All supported by our tax dollars...........
Generational way of life.
Lbj,s great society programs for votes.
Its all free, vote for me.

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

All supported by our tax dollars...........
Generational way of life.
Lbj,s great society programs for votes.
Its all free, vote for me.

Thats public education at its best !
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy.

I feel like that. These kind of things are a never ending effort to make two wrongs make a right which never works.

The south was practicing slavery, which was legal at the time and has been practiced since the beginning of time and is still practiced today. The people of the "free and independent states" voted to secede over it and start their own country, likely also legal.

The north prosecuted an illegal war against the South to prevent secession.....later on adopted the guise of "ending slavery" which is little more than a cover up. But they won and history is written by the winners. So you have the Federal Behemoth of today which can cram things like sodomite marriage and gun control down the throats of the states. But "states rights" is not a panacea either. Not if you were a slave in the south prior to 1865 or if you are a guy who wants to legally carry a pistol in New York City or any number of other Yankee cities today. States can get things wrong too.

The real problem is mankind tends to gravitate toward tyranny for whatever reason.
Originally Posted by RJY66
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy.

I feel like that. These kind of things are a never ending effort to make two wrongs make a right which never works.

The south was practicing slavery, which was legal at the time and has been practiced since the beginning of time and is still practiced today. The people of the "free and independent states" voted to secede over it and start their own country, likely also legal.

The north prosecuted an illegal war against the South to prevent secession.....later on adopted the guise of "ending slavery" which is little more than a cover up. But they won and history is written by the winners. So you have the Federal Behemoth of today which can cram things like sodomite marriage and gun control down the throats of the states. But "states rights" is not a panacea either. Not if you were a slave in the south prior to 1865 or if you are a guy who wants to legally carry a pistol in New York City or any number of other Yankee cities today. States can get things wrong too.

The real problem is mankind tends to gravitate toward tyranny for whatever reason.

Good post RJY. I'll add to it by saying also that the Northern states had become concerned that the South was becoming too wealthy because of it's agricultural based economy, almost exclusively cotton, and was afraid that the South would no longer be able to be kept "in line" by the North. I believe in States Rights, and believe they're just as important today as they were in 1860.
I'm a southerner by blood on both sides of my family. Both fought for the right side. That said, if the right side hadn't lost and we were in the Confederacy today, my guess is that somehow things would have gotten just as upside-down as they are now. Trading Federal rule for state just creates 50 smaller tyrants in place of one big one. But, the closer you are to the government, the better. The county commissioner knows he might get his ass kicked if he gets too far out of line. School board members know they will. Governors, know they won't.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

Abraham Lincoln -- Letter to Horace Greeley

Written during the heart of the Civil War, this is one of Abraham Lincoln's most famous letters. Greeley, editor of the influential New York Tribune, had just addressed an editorial to Lincoln called "The Prayer of Twenty Millions," making demands and implying that Lincoln's administration lacked direction and resolve.

President Lincoln wrote his reply when a draft of the Emancipation Proclamation already lay in his desk drawer. His response revealed his concentration on preserving the Union. The letter, which received acclaim in the North, stands as a classic statement of Lincoln's constitutional responsibilities. A few years after the president's death, Greeley wrote an assessment of Lincoln. He stated that Lincoln did not actually respond to his editorial but used it instead as a platform to prepare the public for his "altered position" on emancipation.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Posted By: BobMt Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
[quote=jaguartx]In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad[/quote

this is what's funny....arguing who has the biggest shcithole cites....doesn't matter what state you live in ...a schithole is a schithole….

let heads explode on this....maybe statues coming down is a good thing...it always seems to bring up hard feelings amongst the older crowd

whenever this topic comes up......you can always sense the underlying hate...….Americans killing Americans is probably not the best scenario….this shoud trigger some good name calling....lol...…..bob

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad

Sorry, MB. Making comments on what the Yanks won.

They raped the south. Now they are getting the raping.

Second time blacks are being used as the excuse for tyranny to progress.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Originally Posted by the first superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy
You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

Fascinatingly prescient....
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
The Southerners keep blaming us for a war they lost 100 years before we were even born.

I think it's fair to blame them for importing all these Negroes, instead of hiring white people, to pick their cotton. For the sake of the 2% of Southerners who owned plantations, we have been left with a lawless horde with low IQs and lack of impulse control.

Sorry, MB. Making comments on what the Yanks won.

They raped the south. Now they are getting the raping.

Second time blacks are being used as the excuse for tyranny to progress.

Don't get it. Seems to be libtard thing, not Northern nor Southern. Personally, I think it is good we're all 50 states instead of broken up.

No feelers hurt or anything. Bricktop says I need to show more humility....
Black people should have never been brought here. Would've saved a whole lot of trouble. They will be the death of the Republic
You really phucqk'd up the quote boxes. All in good fun. grin

[quote=jaguartx]In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad[/quote

this is what's funny....arguing who has the biggest shcithole cites....doesn't matter what state you live in ...a schithole is a schithole….

let heads explode on this....maybe statues coming down is a good thing...it always seems to bring up hard feelings amongst the older crowd

whenever this topic comes up......you can always sense the underlying hate...….Americans killing Americans is probably not the best scenario….this shoud trigger some good name calling....lol...…..bob

Posted By: RJY66 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The Southerners keep blaming us for a war they lost 100 years before we were even born.

I think it's fair to blame them for importing all these Negroes, instead of hiring white people, to pick their cotton. For the sake of the 2% of Southerners who owned plantations, we have been left with a lawless horde with low IQs and lack of impulse control.

That would be true if so many slaves had not been brought into places like Massachusetts earlier and sold all over. The north was for slavery before they were against it which was one of the problems. Hell, all of the western world was at one time or another. In hindsight we absolutely should have picked our own crops.

I'm a southerner from way back.....could be in the Sons of Confederate Veterans with either side of my family if I wanted. I don't blame anyone living in the North today for anything that happened in those days. I don't particularly care for the way the Confederacy is demonized in the media and by the communists today but that is a minor annoyance way behind the way plain old white people are demonized by them today.

I'm just as hacked off that these idiots were allowed to tear down General Grant's statue as I am that they were allowed to tear down General Lee's statue.

I’ve always said the should’ve figured out a way to bring Swedish blonde women here to pick cotton.
Black people should have never been brought here. Would've saved a whole lot of trouble. They will be the death of the Republic
Guess who brought them.
Very few here are understanding what I'm even talking about. The word "Yankee" is a trigger for them. The problem is there are groups already occupying their safe spaces...those that another group hasn't bought up.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
In hindsight-------.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

I’ve always said the should’ve figured out a way to bring Swedish blonde women here to pick cotton.

Where can we get a few red heads and brunettes?
Italy?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Guess who brought them.

The Brits. First landed in VA, 1500s
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Where can we get a few red heads and brunettes?

The redheads came from Ireland- - - - -they were slaves long before the blacks got here.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20

That would be true if so many slaves had not been brought into places like Massachusetts earlier and sold all over. The north was for slavery before they were against it which was one of the problems. Hell, all of the western world was at one time or another. In hindsight we absolutely should have picked our own crops.

I'm a southerner from way back.....could be in the Sons of Confederate Veterans with either side of my family if I wanted. I don't blame anyone living in the North today for anything that happened in those days. I don't particularly care for the way the Confederacy is demonized in the media and by the communists today but that is a minor annoyance way behind the way plain old white people are demonized by them today.

I'm just as hacked off that these idiots were allowed to tear down General Grant's statue as I am that they were allowed to tear down General Lee's statue.

All true. Incidentally, two of the biggest slave traders were named Brown and Yale. Are those New England Ivy League universities going to change their names?
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Guess who brought them.

The Brits. First landed in VA, 1500s

Life time slavery became legal in Virginia mid 1600s.

Lee was against slavery and secession.His old home place inherited by his wife is now Arlington National Cemetery.

Lee was against slavery and secession.His old home place inherited by his wife is now Arlington National Cemetery.

That's because Lincoln said to bury our war dead in Lee's front yard.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Yankees Never Quit - 06/30/20
Anybody got a dead horse meme?
© 24hourcampfire