Home
Posted By: stxhunter poppy seed tea - 06/29/20
Hurting pretty bad I've only slept about 4-5 hr the last two days. I remembered I had 5lbs of unwashed poppy seeds so I took a cup put them in a mason jar and I'm boiling some water with lemon juice to soak them in. last time I did this a few yrs back it took care of the pain for about twelve hours. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.
plan on going to the ER wens.
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: poppy seed tea - 06/29/20
Good luck, hope you feel better.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: poppy seed tea - 06/29/20
Good luck.

You might have something broken.....not just pulled.
Posted By: persiandog Re: poppy seed tea - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Hurting pretty bad I've only slept about 4-5 hr the last two days. I remembered I had 5lbs of unwashed poppy seeds so I took a cup put them in a mason jar and I'm boiling some water with lemon juice to soak them in. last time I did this a few yrs back it took care of the pain for about twelve hours. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.

just my opinion :

only opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) has the ingredients to make you relaxed or sleepy , some poppy seeds are stimulant ( exact opposite effects ) and some are poisonous.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: poppy seed tea - 06/29/20
Originally Posted by persiandog

just my opinion :

only opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) has the ingredients to make you relaxed or sleepy , some poppy seeds are stimulant ( exact opposite effects ) and some are poisonous.

these are unwashed opium poppy seeds. they have the opium residue on the seeds.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good luck.

You might have something broken.....not just pulled.

plan on going to get it checked out wens., just got some work i got to make sure my son and stepson get finished.
half a cup and pain relief, I should be able to sleep tonight.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
worked great, even woke up with little pain.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Good deal!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Good news indeed, Dr visit tomorrow, let us know the outcome.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20

Whatcha doing with 5# of poppy seeds laying around in the first place?
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Whatcha doing with 5# of poppy seeds laying around in the first place?

bought it off amazon just for this purpose after i had read about it online be a good pain killer if you had nothing else.
Posted By: las Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
not a "controlled substance"?

You sure as heck ain't going to pass a work place drug test! smile

Good thing to know, tho.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
A fella’s gotta use what he’s got on hand.

Hoping the best for you, Roger. Keep us posted.
Posted By: reivertom Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Just don't take a pee test for a job !
Guess not you can buy them on amazon. They're sold for garnishes for baked goods, remember that because there has been instances of people testing positive on drug test after eating stuff that had them on them.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Glad you're going to the Doc tomorrow.

For now, the tea will have to do. Just don't do any more damage dude. Backs are serious. Leighton will still need a hunting and fishin' partner.
Originally Posted by las

Good thing to know, tho.

Originally Posted by reivertom

I'm self employed
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Glad you're going to the Doc tomorrow.

For now, the tea will have to do. Just don't do any more damage dude. Backs are serious. Leighton will still need a hunting and fishin' partner.
was on the ph with him last night making plans.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by las

Good thing to know, tho.

I'm self employed

I thought about that when I saw that post.

No need for a pee test................

you know when you've had a beer for breakfast, right. shocked

Hope your plans with L work out.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Get better man!
Posted By: victoro Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Good luck with the ER. I've only gone to the ER twice once to get some stitches in my finger and once on a Saturday morning for back pain that had kept me awake for over a week. They stitched up my finger ok but for the back pain they just took one x-ray and told me nothing was wrong with my back. They did give me a prescription for some pain medication that had no effect on the pain.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Your going on close to a week now right?

Ribs and those little wings on your vertebrae that the muscles attach to can take two to three weeks before the volume starts to go down on the pain.
Cracked/ fractured/ broken they all hurt about the same...

Good luck and take it easy...
Posted By: Terryk Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
My grandmother made tea with plum brandy. Cure all.
I have a bunch of pottery such as tea cups with poppy painting
Originally Posted by victoro
Good luck with the ER. I've only gone to the ER twice once to get some stitches in my finger and once on a Saturday morning for back pain that had kept me awake for over a week. They stitched up my finger ok but for the back pain they just took one x-ray and told me nothing was wrong with my back. They did give me a prescription for some pain medication that had no effect on the pain.

The tea I took about 5 pm yesterday wore off about an hour ago, having a hard time moving around now, think I'll make some more, works much better than the pain pills, and lasts longer.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: poppy seed tea - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by las

Good thing to know, tho.

Not so sure about not passing the test.

Was in the hosp. for 4-5 days after getting vibrio in both legs. They had me on huge amounts of morphine.

Got released from the hosp. and got called the next day because my name was pulled for random drug test. I took my discharge papers with me, and told the nurse I was gonna fail because of the morphine, but here is the paperwork. She said we'll see what the test says...

Passed with flying colors.

Asked why, and she said opium leaves the body really quick.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: poppy seed tea - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by las

Good thing to know, tho.

Not so sure about not passing the test.

Was in the hosp. for 4-5 days after getting vibrio in both legs. They had me on huge amounts of morphine.

Got released from the hosp. and got called the next day because my name was pulled for random drug test. I took my discharge papers with me, and told the nurse I was gonna fail because of the morphine, but here is the paperwork. She said we'll see what the test says...

Passed with flying colors.

Asked why, and she said opium leaves the body really quick.

This doesn’t apply here but a hair sample goes a long way back in time for drug analyses.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: poppy seed tea - 07/01/20
Is this from the wave you stuffed awhile back when you went fishing? Does the pain shoot down one side of your ass? I have the same. Happened while chipping 6" of ice on the driveway. Sciatica. PT had me doing stretches with my knees to my chest and laying on the floor with my feet and calves on the sofa. PT bent my straight leg back at the hip while I was laying on my back. I woulda hit him during that one if he was in range. In my condition I'm sure he weren't too skeered. He said to alternate heat and ice as well. Later CT scans showed degenerative arthritis of the spine. Too long in waders while duck hunting will bring tears to my eyes as will all day in a layout blind.

I'll bet humpin' and layin tile for a few decades hasn't done you any favors. Hope the doc gets to the bottom of it and you heal up soon. Constant back pain is no way to live.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: poppy seed tea - 07/01/20
Roger, making a few assumptions from your age and " work history and lifestyle" you have a well used back aggravated by a compression event while seated. Pain relief is important as long as masking the pain does not cause you to abuse when you should be healing. After the root problem is diagnosed there are many core and flexibility exercises which may be therapeutic. A strong and flexible core is key to protecting the spine and will allow you to stay active and at least maintain a level of pain that can be lived with by normal folks. Good luck and stay open minded...and stay on your feet offshoregrin.

mike r
© 24hourcampfire