Home
I just have to give Black & Decker a BIG "thumbs up" on their "Fire Storm" battery operated reciprocating saw!
The VarmintWife bought our Fire Storm reciprocating saw 8+ years ago and we use it A LOT!
Our home (Casa de Varminto) is surrounded by trees (both evergreen and deciduous) and shrubs.
We prune and thin limbs at least twice a year.
Today I trimmed again and the Black & Decker "Fire Storm" performed as well as ever!
I went through two batteries (ours is the older 18 volt model - they now offer 20 volt tools) today and it amazes me how easily this tool cuts through thick Russian Olive Tree limbs.
I know I cut for an hour on the two batteries and tomorrow, after recharging, I will trim down the large limbs so I can get them in my truck and haul them away.
Anyway I just love this tool and have used it for other applications around the house besides tree and shrub pruning.
Good job Black & Decker.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Good , I bought some Milwaukie long pruning blades, they work quite well for cutting limbs.
really? all the firestorm stuff i had (still have) was total schitsky. its all sitting in the box with the ryobi's, B&D & other stuff with no working battery. i never had the recipro though.
I have a rigid sawzzall. I've had rigid (Home dope-o) tools for years. No complaints except trying to get batteries for them, when I bought mine they advertised as having FREE batteries for life. Yeah, right. A few years ago they decided they weren't going to honor that warranty anymore.
The old B&D stuff were pretty good tools, I've had a few. If you want a Sawzall that performs unbelievably well get yourself a Milwaukee M18 fuel Sawzall, it works better than a corded sawzall.
Come on, man! Everyone knows you need a Stihl Pro 261 to prune limbs!
You can get an attachment for that saw that your wife will really love
© 24hourcampfire