Home
Posted By: Spotshooter Metal detector guys - 07/02/20

I will be getting mine out

I have a Garrett AT pro, and a Garrett pro pointer - I did use them once at my old house and found a bunch of 60 year old pennies.

This time I plan to use them at my hunting place which was a Mob retreat for years and finally was sold off to someone... The old cabin they had by the lake is only a foundation these days and they built a new cabin.

But one question for dyed in the wool metal detector folks - What are the best places you’ve ever used the detector find wise, Beaches, around houses, river banks, ?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Metal detector guys - 07/02/20
I quit using mine. Whites classic made in USA.

With 9-1/2” coil and a 3” trash coil all I’ve ever found around old houses was a few wheaties and hundreds of lead ring washers for old roofing nails.

Have an 1878 log cabin and a 1913 house (we tore down)

Canning jar zinc lids out the ass.

Got chiggers a few times too.

Arrowheads are where it’s at. Fields are spray with toxic chemicals, no bugs. Find more coins and buttons in a plowed field without a metal detector.

Used to do the beach thing. That sucked. Pop tops and buried alum pepsi cans. And no MD ordinances too.

Posted By: slumlord Re: Metal detector guys - 07/02/20
don’t mean to discourage. Lots of hunters might have virgin ground.

I actually found about 5 ‘V nickels’ behind some baseboards when we tore down the old house.

I think the cabin people, if they lost a dime, they must have spent days looking for dropped change.

© 24hourcampfire