Home
Posted By: jnyork A little vacation in Wyoming - 07/02/20
Lovely Bride and I made a decision to take a little vacation from being retired at home, so we hooked on the camper and headed up country to the Falls campground high in the mountains about 20 miles North of Dubois Wyoming. Beautiful little USFS campground located in the tall timber, closest neighbor was more than 50 yards away, everything peaceful and quiet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wonderful views from our camp, including the area in the Absarokas known as The Pinnacles, towering rocky outcroppings and cliffs rising to over 11,000 feet. Our camp was right at 8000 feet.

A stream known as Brooks Lake Creek flowed right through camp and over a very scenic white water falls. This is the headwaters of the Wind River.

We took a day and drove a few miles over the mountain at Togwotee Pass to play tourist for a little while and see the Tetons. The view of Jackson Hole and the Tetons from this highway has to be one of the most spectacular scenes in the whole US, I have lived here in Wyoming for over 60 years of my life and never ceased to be awed by it. We trolled on down to the Valley floor and took the little drive past Jenny Lake on over to Moose and back home. Place was absolutely swarming with tourists, hundreds of bicyclists, nobody in America is staying home that we could tell.

We went on some little hikes but I can only do 300-400 yards at a time so did more sitting than hiking. grin

We had a grand time for 4 days, one of which was raining so we hibernated in the trailer. Thank God for Sirius Radio so we had some music and Fox News. Wife beat me 2x2 at Scrabble.

Looking forward to the next side trip, think we are going to try Cody later this summer.

A good time was had by all .
What a great trip and fantastic scenery. Beautiful pics too. Thanks for posting them.

Wife and I play gin rummy. She thinks she has my number but the scoreboard disagrees.
Looks like a great trip
Looks like a great place to decompress.

Hope you all have a good trip and safe travels.
Yeah, Togwotee pass is a stunner. I grew up in sight of Glacier, so I'm spoiled.

An excellent adventure. Good for you.
Great.
Thanks for sharing. We are heading to that part of the world in a couple of weeks, and we can't wait!
We went on some little hikes but I can only do 300-400 yards at a time so did more sitting than hiking.

Carry a pair of binoculars, your glassing !! 
Posted By: memtb Re: A little vacation in Wyoming - 07/03/20

Welcome back to “paradise”! memtb
Beautiful pics! Thanks for posting them. For this MI flatlander, Wy is about as close to ideal as I can imagine.

Can’t wait to be out there in Oct.
Thanks for sharing.....wish I could have been there with you!
Bravo Mr. York and Mrs. York!

If you get bored this summer....bring that camper north.

These screwball kids of mine will keep you entertained.
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
We went on some little hikes but I can only do 300-400 yards at a time so did more sitting than hiking.

Carry a pair of binoculars, your glassing !! 

We always do, wife had them around her neck when she was taking my picture. grin
© 24hourcampfire