Home
Was sitting in our hotel lobby in Twin Falls tonight, drinking a beer, reading the paper. Decided to step up to the counter and order some supper from their kitchen. Grabbed a menu and walked back to where I was sitting. Was on the phone with the wife and mentioned there was a woman absolutley glaring at me returning to my seat.

She struggles to get up and come over to me while I am on the phne and holds out a cloth napkin with 2 hands and loks at me and says, "Please". I had not clue what she was saying or meaning. I inquired what she needed. Again I got, "Please" with the napkin holding it out. I really had no clue. The woman obviously struggled a little to either speak or form her thoughts before speaking. She finally said please use this to cover your mouth.

I was a bit befuddled. Apparently I had cleared my throat or coughed a little while going up and back to get the menu. Meanwhile she is imploring me to use this napkin to cover my mouth.

I simply said I have some allergies that cause a little phlegm in my throat. And the big point, she approached me and put herself closer to me to confront me than I ever came to her walking to get a menu.

Before I really tore her new [bleep] her husband showed up and helped her away by the elbow.

Going to go out on a limb and say she is a Californian or Oregonian
,...should have blowed your nose on it and handed it back to her,...said, "thanks".
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Was sitting in our hotel lobby in Twin Falls tonight, drinking a beer, reading the paper. Decided to step up to the counter and order some supper from their kitchen. Grabbed a menu and walked back to where I was sitting. Was on the phone with the wife and mentioned there was a woman absolutley glaring at me returning to my seat.

She struggles to get up and come over to me while I am on the phne and holds out a cloth napkin with 2 hands and loks at me and says, "Please". I had not clue what she was saying or meaning. I inquired what she needed. Again I got, "Please" with the napkin holding it out. I really had no clue. The woman obviously struggled a little to either speak or form her thoughts before speaking. She finally said please use this to cover your mouth.

I was a bit befuddled. Apparently I had cleared my throat or coughed a little while going up and back to get the menu. Meanwhile she is imploring me to use this napkin to cover my mouth.

I simply said I have some allergies that cause a little phlegm in my throat. And the big point, she approached me and put herself closer to me to confront me than I ever came to her walking to get a menu.

Before I really tore her new [bleep] her husband showed up and helped her away by the elbow.

Or maybe from Helena which is full of masked old wenches with glaring eyes.
She can get me with this look if that's what she prefers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dr's office last month required a "face covering".
¿Qué onda, ese?
Originally Posted by slumlord
¿Qué onda, ese?

I think I have a red one for other 'hoods.
Ok holmes
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...should have blowed your nose on it and handed it back to her,...said, "thanks".

Laughing!!!
Got a haircut on Tuesday... town mask mandate went into effect on Monday.

Walked into barber shop and barber pointed at her mask and cleared her throat...

I pointed out the door with my thumb, "I can leave? But I will never come back."

She just pointed at her chair and I got my hair cut...

Hahaha.

Sounds like she is suffering from Dementia...like Biden.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Sounds like she is suffering from Dementia...like Biden.

THIS is what I thought too lol. After dealing with elderly with dementia I can tell you first hand they lose whatever filter they once had. The struggle to come over was probably the internal battle we have sometime to say something. Not that this is a pass or anything just giving another angle on the encounter. You had more restraint than I would have given my current level of anger over all this.

Go get em tiger.
At least she said ‘please.’ Most of them use vinegar these days.
GFY is my response to any of the mask natzi's. Start the conversation fast and hard.
SO glad people don't approach me, there's many built in benefits being a big crazy looking mother-fu-ker. smile
Several times in past month or two I have been approached in parking lot by folks in cars either wanting to sell stuff or want money ( for food, yeah!) and i always answer them in German. Works good!

The absolute best answer I got was from middle eastern chick trying to sell me "gold" jewelry. She has her husband( partner in crime) pull their car over and she gets out. Walks up to me with more jewelry and just jabbering away in German!!!! I simply just busted out laughing in her face! We had a nice conversation about how I was almost broke and I was getting groceries for my invalid wife. She got in the minivan and told the man to drive!

French works too!!!
Was she doable
What cracks me up us all the people I see driving, windows up, or walking around far from anyone else, all masked up. What are they thinking?

Epic!
Originally Posted by viking
Was she doable

Well I thought about that. Kinda! But I do have a short cull stick. 😉

Oops, thought you were talking to me, Viking.

Oh well
I just witnessed a commercial on some of the local log roller gals, on a log , in the water working it with masks on! WTF!
Originally Posted by gunner500
SO glad people don't approach me, there's many built in benefits being a big crazy looking mother-fu-ker. smile

gunner, just where does the crazy part start?

LMAO. smile
I haven't run into a mask Nazi yet...still waiting....

You get that too? Ha ha...
A week ago the NC governor, a chicken s*it Lib who is afraid of his own shadow, made a rule that facemasks are mandatory.
I don't like to wear a GD facemask. But I needed some stuff at Lowes.
I bought a face mask at the Exxon station for 2 bucks. I wore it in to Lowes.

Most people had the masks on. But the second guy I saw without a mask, I asked him if he had been harassed by store security. He said he had not. I took my mask off.
In the grocery store most people have the mask on, there is a sign on the door "GO ALONG WITH GOVERNOR COOPER AND WEAR YOUR MASK."

These stores want to play nice with our Governor, but, they also want customers so they put the signs up but they won't enforce it.

Now, the liquor store did say "No mask no booze." I guess I will wear a mask in there. All liquor stores in NC are owned and operated by the State.
I still like the " It’s ok!!!! I’ve already had it, but I’m over it now" answer!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I still like the " It’s ok!!!! I’ve already had it, but I’m over it now" answer!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Add to it...

....my antibodies are working for me now.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A week ago the NC governor, a chicken s*it Lib who is afraid of his own shadow, made a rule that facemasks are mandatory.
I don't like to wear a GD facemask. But I needed some stuff at Lowes.
I bought a face mask at the Exxon station for 2 bucks. I wore it in to Lowes.

Most people had the masks on. But the second guy I saw without a mask, I asked him if he had been harassed by store security. He said he had not. I took my mask off.
In the grocery store most people have the mask on, there is a sign on the door "GO ALONG WITH GOVERNOR COOPER AND WEAR YOUR MASK."

These stores want to play nice with our Governor, but, they also want customers so they put the signs up but they won't enforce it.

Now, the liquor store did say "No mask no booze." I guess I will wear a mask in there. All liquor stores in NC are owned and operated by the State.

Are you allowed to remove it when you drink the booze or do you have to buy a special mask with a flexible straw imbedded in it?
Originally Posted by Gibby

Add to it...

....my antibodies are working for me now.

👍👍👍👍👍
Now, the liquor store did say "No mask no booze." I guess I will wear a mask in there. All liquor stores in NC are owned and operated by the State.................Just think.......... back when this mask business began I was making lots of jokes about how walking into a liquor store with a mask on was a good way to get shot. Now it's just an ordinary, everyday event.
I have an ultra liberal sister that is a mask Nazi. I just tell her "My body , my choice, isn't that your motto?" She doesn't see the humor in it.
We just had the Mandate here, in all Public Places where social distancing cannot be maintained. You wear one in the restaurant, then can take it off when seated. etc.
Just start coughing and don't cover your mouth. I saw a guy a guy do it at the end of a crowded aisle in Wal Mart. The slow pokes cleared out and he had it to himself. He was smiling so I knew he did it on purpose.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Looks like Geno done joined antifa...... damn I though he was one of the good guys... so sad frown
Several times in past month or two I have been approached in parking lot by folks in cars either wanting to sell stuff or want money ( for food, yeah!) and i always answer them in German. Works good!

The absolute best answer I got was from middle eastern chick trying to sell me "gold" jewelry. She has her husband( partner in crime) pull their car over and she gets out. Walks up to me with more jewelry and just jabbering away in German!!!! I simply just busted out laughing in her face! We had a nice conversation about how I was almost broke and I was getting groceries for my invalid wife. She got in the minivan and told the man to drive!

French works too!!!

Folks,

we have here a true reprobate.........................of the polyglot clan.

French works too!!!

Reminds me of when I was in Prague. Oriental shopkeepers below our apartment obviously didn't like Americans. So, to f*ck with them back, I'd speak to them in Spanish.. wearing my Miami Dolphins visor.

I don't have any command of Czech, but I could understand their muttering enough that they knew I was American. I didn't have the Cuban slur down well enough, I guess. smile

They didn't care for me much. I got over it.. quickly. Lol.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Looks like Geno done joined antifa...... damn I though he was one of the good guys... so sad frown

Geno moonlighting as a hit man in Cali. LMAO 😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by irfubar

Geno moonlighting as a hit man in Cali. LMAO 😎

WTF you mean "moonlighting"??
Masks can have a use.....you can tell folks to kiss your a** and they don't know what you look like.
Welcome to *the new normal*.
My response is a generic GFY, if accosted by masked crusaders.
This mask [bleep] is never going away. There is always something out there that will kill you.

Compelling, so you did nothing but you managed 14 paragraphs to say as such. You are a true patriot.
I ran into a like minded lady at the grocery store today. We were both approaching the pickles from different directions at the same time. (No mask on me, nor do I pay any attention to the traffic flow arrows in the grocery store isles).

Anyway, I stop and politely wait for her to make her choices, but she waves me on, points to her mask and says "this is just to make the idiots feel better".

She then expounded on 25 years of service as a health care provider and how a cloth mask sure as hell would not catch a virus molecule which would flow right through a HEPA filter.

We exchanged thoughts concerning surgeons wear a mask to protect their patient, and if you have the Covid, a mask will lessen your risk of passing it on.

Nice, articulate lady. Were I single, I would have offered to buy her a drink somewhere.

You need to be more warm and approachable, like me...
Boomer, she's a cute little 14 year old. Great Granddaughter?
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Doubt that's fourteen but whatever. She ain't old, that's for sho. .
Originally Posted by local_dirt

LMAO. smile

Pretty sure when my feet hit the floor every morning ; ]

BSA, being an ugly basturd with all the other damn sure helps too.

LOL Crimson Tide, Yessir, even you at 6'4" and 280 pounds can't hide that down home goodness! grin
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Doubt that's fourteen but whatever. She ain't old, that's for sho. .

Yup, you can tell by the look on her face she's already met "the dick" ; ]
Originally Posted by local_dirt

LMAO. smile

Pretty sure when my feet hit the floor every morning ; ]

BSA, being an ugly basturd with all the other damn sure helps too.

LOL Crimson Tide, Yessir, even you at 6'4" and 280 pounds can't hide that down home goodness! grin

Lol. smile
We may be bruthas from anutha mutha.......cool
© 24hourcampfire